PDA

View Full Version : quickfuel carbs

wts69bird
11-04-2004, 07:31 PM
has anybody ever used a quickfuel carb and with what result? I am looking at a 950 cfm, its about 85.00 cheaper than the holley hp version.

wts69bird
11-04-2004, 07:31 PM
has anybody ever used a quickfuel carb and with what result? I am looking at a 950 cfm, its about 85.00 cheaper than the holley hp version.

Ron Landis
11-07-2004, 05:56 PM
QFT is Marvin Benoit and Marty Brown, each having @25 years each at Holley. They do know their stuff! They build upon the Proform main body. Our car picked up a full second after installing one of their 950s in place of a 750 Street Dominator and a slight compression bump. Carb was installed out of the box. I had a slight hesitation problem. Called and Marvin answered the phone. Said most of the Pontiacs they tested...[wait a minute..NOBODY tests Pontiacs, do they?]anyway..use a bigger squirter, he says. Sho'nuff! Fixed it! Aside from jetting, carb is still untouched. They do all of the tricks when they build the carb..slabbed throttle shafts, buttonhead screws..etc. I'm sold!

Tom Vaught
11-07-2004, 06:56 PM
I agree totally with the post by jegstek, Marvin and Marty are great guys. At one time Marvin and Marty both worked with me in Warren, Michigan at the Holley Engineering center.

Marvin was one of the top people in Holley in the High Performance group and with David Brasswell did the engineering on all of the HP series carbs.

Either the HP Holley or the Quick Fuel stuff using the Proform main body will work well as Marvin has "touched" them both. Marvin and Marty left Holley after a Holley
ownership/management change.

I highly recommend Quick Fuel and Brasswell for carb builds.

If you want the best in Dominators (in my opinion) it would be Patrick James at "Pro
Fuel Systems" but that is another story.

Good luck and tell Marvin I said hello.

Tom V.