PDA

View Full Version : Trim removal..

TrashMan
12-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Hey All,

How do you get the trim off of the windows and other areas with out damaging it? I don't want to just try and pop it off untill I know for sure.

On my 63 Temest wagon it has trim all around the windows covering the seals.

TrashMan

TrashMan
12-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Hey All,

How do you get the trim off of the windows and other areas with out damaging it? I don't want to just try and pop it off untill I know for sure.

On my 63 Temest wagon it has trim all around the windows covering the seals.

TrashMan

Mister421
12-07-2004, 06:35 AM
The front windshield trim comes off with a little work using a trim removal tool as does the side back glass and the tailgate window. There are clips holding these on. The door trim is basically just a "snap" fit over the edges. A very small screwdriver, two pair of hands and some patience works well. Start at one end and slowly pull the trim away from the car (up or to the side) until it "pops" off. Hope this helps.

63Banshee
12-07-2004, 08:40 AM
Your best bet is to get someone who knows how to show you.

If you're adventurous then buy trim tools off of Eastwood or another restoration supplier and get after it... slowly. The window trim will be held on with clips that screw onto the body.

When it comes to drip rail trim I like to use a blunt end bottle opener. Pad it with a thick amount of masking tape and work the trim off the drip rail slowly. Be gentle! This trim is easy to bend.