Check out this Killer Ventura

http://www.pontiacpower.com/performance.htm

Gach
01-14-2000, 10:06 PM
Check out this Killer Ventura

http://www.pontiacpower.com/performance.htm

Vascar
01-15-2000, 12:32 AM
The car looks good. Thats the way we should get all our cars running, and show the Fords, Chevys and so on that Pontiacs are here to stay.

PONTIAC DUDE
01-15-2000, 10:51 AM
Hey Gach, Is that a challange on the R & R site for the baddest street car next year. My ears are on FIRE! Just courious, is that on DOT tires or slicks. Weight? Exhaust? Guess I need to get ready for the T/A nationals next year, eh. Oh the thrill & excitement of a challenge Really turns me on. Oh baby, oh baby. Later.

boykoman
01-15-2000, 01:18 PM
Is this with a bit of juice?How much does the car weigh?Did you have killer air?The car looks great though and would eat up a lot of chevys!Why dont we have a separate fastest street car event included at NORWALK this August.We could have a five mile cruise etc,run on dot tires and exhaust,NO NOS,I will bring my 3625 pound 9 sec street car,anybody else interested? I here about all these awesome times but I think reality will predominate on a hot August day in front of everyone at Norwalk.We could have 2 classes no nos and nos?And 3500 pounds and over class and 3500 and lighter class.P.S on a hot August day I will run low tens (reality check for boykoman)I would like to know who has the fastest truely street legal non nos and nos street driven car.Not a gutted out 3000 pound light full boogie race car that couldnt cruise 5 miles in 100 degree temps without over heating.Would it not be a blast of fun to find out who is the fastest and to do this at the best pontiac event on the planet,NORWALK!!!

Gach
01-15-2000, 02:36 PM
That sounds like a real good challenge, only lets make one at Maple Grove June 18. I'm trying to get the info on that car myself, he defiantly has the bottle on that car. I think it's time we teach old Bruce a lessen...LOL. Of curse this leaves me out my car is tubed, but if the money's right hey I mite put some of those shinky street tires on, actualy my car runs faster with the street tires. So your saying two class with/ NOS, and w/out NOS, 3000 lb min. I think if were going to put on a show we should get paid for it, what do you guys think ? P-Y are you listening.

boykoman
01-15-2000, 03:05 PM
I agree Gach !! Well PY what do you think?

David Holmberg
01-16-2000, 12:51 AM
The car looks nice. They are slicks and looks to be a fogger system. I think the DUDE will have him covered in Dayton.

Vascar
01-16-2000, 01:53 AM
Sounds like fun. I'll be there to watch this take place.

Scott Misus
01-16-2000, 10:49 PM
David: PontiacDude will have 'im covered IF his foot accidentally slips off the brake pedal for another .500 light!

Rashionality
01-14-2001, 03:08 PM
PLENTY OF NITROUS IN THAT CAR...SLICKS TOO

Ed Grisez
01-14-2001, 05:42 PM
With a few 9.11's under his belt last summer, don't expect to see him running 9's this year! 3500lbs,nos,slicks. For all you critics. Pump gas without the nos. Point is Greg's car flies. I can't wait to see you guys that show up at the TA nats to run him.

Scott Misus
01-14-2001, 09:20 PM
I don't know for sure if anybody else saw it, but standing right next to that dude holding the flexplate is a faint apparition of Jesus.

Did anybody else pick up on this?

David Holmberg
01-14-2001, 09:39 PM
Ed is right, Greg's car is Sweet! If he makes a change over the winter he may very well hit some 8's in 01!
Rumors are, Pontiac Dude is working on a new combo as well... Plus Lady Dude burnin up the track in the Funny Car... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Gach
01-14-2001, 09:57 PM
Going to be very interesting this year at Dayton, let's see who has the balls to show up. WOW !! 9.11....that's cooking. Hum ? 3500 lbs, I wonder how deep into the 8's a 3200 lb car would run. Just can't wait.

Rashionality
01-14-2001, 10:10 PM
That car did not go 9.11's on pump gas and no nitrous...that's a really tall tale man. Christ even with the crappy photo on R&R's page you can see the fogger setup on the car.

Gach
01-14-2001, 10:12 PM
I thought this car on that web site was pretty interesting. A 400 !!! 3740 lbs !!! who says Edelbrock heads don't work on a 400 pump gas motor.Luigi looks like a big boy...LOL

http://www.pontiacpower.com/pics/Grecobody.jpg

http://www.pontiacpower.com/pics/grecosmoke.jpg

You may have seen Lou Greco and his bad 'bird in one of those Pontiac "magazine shoot-out" things. (Dec. 99 issue) Lou wanted to show the world what RRE has been accomplishing with 400" street Pontiacs and our prepared Edelbrock heads on pump gas. Lou had worked his tail off trying to get the car done for the race. Did it. Drove all night from New Castle Pennsylvania to Englishtown Raceway in New Jersey, only to have an electrical short that affected fuel pump pressure ruin his effort. The car had run 12.50's missing and spitting, so Lou nursed her home. Got it fixed, and has since tuned the car to 11.50's. No other changes have been made.
Pretty impressive for a 3740 lbs with a 4:10 gear and a street Continental converter. No nitrous. The engine in our Whomp'em Wagon and Lou's are testimonies to our prepared Edelbrock heads. There are uneducated people talking about a contrived lack of "low lift air flow" with our heads. Let the E.T. slips speak for themselves. Let the no-brainers keep talking "theory." See who goes faster.

[This message has been edited by Gach (edited 01-14-2001).]

'ol Pinion head
01-14-2001, 10:28 PM
Our Whomp'em wagon??????????????????????????

---------------------------------------------------------Who let the (ghost) out...LOU...LOU...LOU

[This message has been edited by 'ol Pinion head (edited 01-14-2001).]

Brian Baker
01-14-2001, 10:28 PM
"Let's see who has the balls to show up." Hmmmmm, when are YOU going to show up at ANY event, Gach (LOL)? All ribbing aside, why does anyone have to go to Dayton to run against one of Cousin Brucie's combo's? Is it because he has been permanently uninvited to every other Pontiac meet in the country? Brucie obviously doesn't own any of these vehicles, yet I don't recall seeing or reading about them at any major Pontiac event in recent memory that was put on by someone other than Brucie. Why haven't I seen or read about any of these vehicles at any other major Pontiac event that Brucie didn't attend or wasn't involved in? Nothing is keeping the owner's of these vehicles from attending Butler's, M-G, Norwalk, or RTE-66, so why only Dayton? I'd love to see that Ventura running at Norwalk or M-G. Why does Gach have to be the mouthpiece for this guy with the Ventura? I'm sure he can speak for himself, and would probably welcome other "street" cars to run against in some sort of grudge match. Apparition of Jesus? LOL, good one Misus, good one!

---------------------------------------------

In the spirit of the childrens game "Where's Waldo?", let's all write "Where's Gach?" on the rear window of our cars at Norwalk.

David Holmberg
01-14-2001, 10:53 PM
Brian: Greg (the Ventura owner) is a good guy. He was at Norwalk last year and ran a best of 9.62 if my memory is right. Pontiac Dude ran a 9.48, same track, same event.

"Ol Pin: ROTFLMAO!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashionality
01-14-2001, 10:56 PM
My car at Norwalk will probably NOT be my tubbed TA...unless I get someone to trailer it for me...my trailer will be occupied by a much lighter car...my engine however will show up. I'll play in the small tire game with you all. I will however be using my nitrous...I'll do some all motor passes too.

Brian Baker
01-14-2001, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the info, Dave. I just get sick of hearing people blowing other people's horns when they are quite capable of doing it for themselves. Maybe you can introduce me to Greg this year at Norwalk?

"Apparition of Jesus spotted in California"...Folks, I'm selling bus tickets complete with a tourguide booklet for those interested

Gach
01-14-2001, 11:21 PM
Brian, it says" right in the post he race it at English Town, for one of those shoot outs, and had problems with the car. then went 11.50 at another track. Greg has gone to MP, and ran a 9.62 with problems, and sense has gone 9.11. See Brian, I'm looking at the individuals accomplishments, all you see is Bruce, to bad.

When ever I've see great performance, I've always posted, like when the Pontiac Dude went 9.48 in his street car with slicks, and when Herry Rainhold's car, set the class record, Jim Trettle, and many others. Why, you don't think that Greg's car isn't pretty impressive, or Luigi's 400 firebird.

One more thing Brian, I hope you can take, what you dish out, if you want to call it ribbing fine, but I hope you don't mine if I give you a little ribbing. The thing about weather or not I'm going to show up at Norwalk is getting REAL OLD, and your starting to piss me off, so if you don't want it right back, cut the s.hit.

Brian Baker
01-14-2001, 11:48 PM
Hey Lou, both cars are impressive (especially the Ventura), never said they weren't. The shootout that was held at E-town that you are referring to was a private affair, put on by HPP magazine, so how could I have seen that one (albeit I read about it)? You say I only see Bruce? Bzzzzzz, WRONG ANSWER! It seems to me that YOU SEE BRUCE. Nobody else on this board posts as much stuff pulled from Cousin Brucie's website as you, Lou. I mean NOBODY. So don't try to twist the issue around and put the onus on me. I can take the ribbing, buddy! Gimme' your best shot, Goombah!

Gach
01-15-2001, 12:02 AM
Ooh getting a little testy aren't we. Brian your the only one who had a negative response, everyone else was quite impressed.

Ed Grisez
01-15-2001, 12:07 AM
Rash, I guess I should have worded more clearly. What I meant is the car runs on nos, uses slicks. When the car is driven on the street without nos it runs on pump gas. Is that more clear. That's what I meant, I guess you've got to reread everything carefully before you post it in front of the wolves.
Also, Greg doesn't have a computer nor does he read these boards. Greg will be at Norwalk again this year. He doesn't make the trip from Wisc for the MG show. It's two wks before Norwalk and is too much driving to goto both.
I think a few heads will get turned with the performance shown from us who choose Fulper performance.

David Holmberg
01-15-2001, 12:21 AM
Gach, Good response. Except the Dude did not run a 9.48 on slicks, he has run 5.99 on slicks but that was butlers back in 99. He has run 9.42@148 on BFG Drag Radials though.
I just posted the 9.48 because it was at the same event that Greg was running.
Ed, Sorry. I did not mean to leave you out, Ed was very cool as well at Norwalk. He was just working too much and did not have the time to talk more.

Brian Baker
01-15-2001, 12:29 AM
Not getting testy, Gach. I'd be using !!! after sentences if I were getting testy (LOL). Here we go with "the negative vibes baby" crap again. Why is it when someone expresses an opinion that doesn't match others it is considered negative. Why is it that if someone believes in something strongly they are considered "radical" or "extremist"? I thanked David for providing additional info about Greg's car, even asked if we could be introduced this year at Norwalk. How is that negative? I expressed my opinion about being "sick" of "others" blowing horns for people (if you were sharp enough to read between the lines, I mainly meant YOU blowing Brucie's horn "covertly"). What I mean by covertly is that you don't just come out and say it openly anymore when you want to discuss Bruce, you "tip-toe" around it by posting stuff from his website here with attached comments like "Hey fellas, gosh! Look at this performance! That's really sumthin' huh?!". It's blatantly obvious. If you were to post stuff from Butler's, Nunzi's, Kauffman's, or any other site with the same comments as you do with Brucie's, I'd think otherwise. I'd think that you were truly interested in just showing "the facts" about the performance levels achieved from so many devout Pontiac racers across the country. You're not. It's painfully obvious you're only interested in blowing Brucie's horn, whether you're subconsciencely aware of it or not.

Why am I the only one (so far) that has posted in this manner? Well, it's either because others haven't seen it yet, or more likely, that they have grown just us tired of it all as I have and don't feel the need to bother with it anymore.

As for Bruce? Well, he could put a man on the moon powered solely by a "stock-block" Pontiac (God forbid if he used an IA block! GASP!), running on "pump gas" no less, and I still would not be impressed. He has cooked his goose a long time ago in the Pontiac community with his arrogance and attitude. It is one thing to be at the top of your game (and Brucie ain't there), but to downplay others in the game only tarnishes your own accomplishments.

Cobrabill
01-15-2001, 02:45 AM
Brian,you can take the bench for a spell.I'll take over.
Here's a news flash for you Gach-the issue of you showing up in Norwalk will NEVER get old.You won't be there.You don't have the BALLs to show up.

Remember-$100.00?Will still be mine.Providing i can stay out from under Bakers ass.

At least you are learning something from Elvis.In the your post it talks about his"Wampumwagon".He sold it.A LONG time ago.And you talk about others dragging-up the past?
Another installment of "the-world-according-to-Gach".Bet this one goes straight to video.

Rashionality
01-15-2001, 09:30 AM
Ed, I never meant to put down that Ventura, actually I love that thing, I had a 71 myself but it was is such bad shape that it would have cost me a fortune to make it right. I saw "pump gas, no NOS" it was there and all I was saying is there was no way in hell that thing went 9.11 without race gas and the juice. I love that Ventura and I don't have any reserves at all about it no matter who helped him with it...it's still a bad ass ride...period.

As far as Fulperformance vs. Everyone else...don't be surprised if you see that the fastest car there was not built by Fulper, Butler, Taylor or KRE...maybe Dyno'd at KRE but more than likely built by 1 guy, by himself in a cold garage...

[This message has been edited by Rashionality (edited 01-15-2001).]

Ed Grisez
01-15-2001, 10:12 AM
Rash, The guys that build them in a cold garage are the real winners regardless of how fast. Did it for years. I built my car from Aug 1st,99 to April 15,00. Froze my ass off, burnt up two turbo heaters doing it. Just can't wait for summer to get here!

Rashionality
01-15-2001, 10:24 AM
Me too...but I like the "Spring" air though, you sure can't beat racing in 70 degree weather.

pont406
01-15-2001, 03:58 PM
The performance of Greg's car is awesome! it shouldn't be discredited by people just because they don't like Bruce. Greg just wanted a really fast,streetable Pontiac, that would run with some of the guys in the Chicago area(outlaw super stocks,etc) and trying to do that with Pontiac power instead of a BBC which would be easier and cheaper. I remember in 1999 at Dayton,he was doing cartwheels in the pits when he made a 9.43 pass.yes, he's running slicks, but he's also hitting the car with anywhere between 300 to 500HP of NOS right off the line! although a progressive system would make it easier to hookup on a D.O.T tire. I also think PDudes car is awesome, Greg said he's determined to get his car in the 8's, he's looking at different ways to achieve this goal.

Brian Baker
01-15-2001, 04:37 PM
I'm curious to know how much of "Bruce" is in Greg's Ventura. Did Bruce just sell a cam and head package, with Greg assembling and tuning the rest him self, or did Bruce sell him a "crate" motor, already tuned and dyno tested? I suspect the former to be the case, and if so, Greg deserves more of a pat on the back than Bruce for making the combo so quick, expecially if the heads are CNC ported (which Bruce doesn't even do himself, he has it farmed out to AFR, I believe, which there's nothing wrong with that, except that Bruce would like you to think the "magic is in his hands").

PONTIAC DUDE
01-16-2001, 09:10 AM
OK, Who's up for a best 2 out of 3 "Match Race" at Norwalk this year for money, no stinking trophy????? And no RINGERS!!!! Please.

------------------
NOS is like American Express.....You don't leave home without it.
http://PontiacPower.cc

Rashionality
01-16-2001, 11:14 AM
Small tire car or big tire car?...does it have to run on radials and be limited to cal track rear suspension bars? How much money are we talking about and are we talking funny cars....this is a "need to know" situation...and we all be needin' to know

Gach
01-16-2001, 12:16 PM
Pontiac Dude's awesome 428 powered 79 TA street car, at Norwalk this year, running 9.40's on the juice. Ken is also the owner of a full machine shop, and speed shop in Fl.

http://sites.netscape.net/pontiacdude428/purging.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gach (edited 01-16-2001).]

Gach
01-16-2001, 02:46 PM
Get this, he drive's this car to work ! Just had a conversation, with Steve Niedermeier. Steve's e-mail, Steve@brodnet.com. He has also witness this Ventura make more then two runs @ 9.20's, another AWESOME street car. Steve has also seen Greg's car park at his work place, at least 4 times this year, and a few time's at local cruise. I also just got off the phone with Greg the owner of the Ventura, and had a very interesting conversation, one of the interesting things is, his plains to go with fuel injection. Greg isn't on the internet, but did speak of meeting Ed Grisez, and Pontiac Dude at Norwalk last year. He also said, he has run 9.11's, and hopes to get into the 8's this year.

http://www.pontiacpower.com/pics/car21.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gach (edited 01-16-2001).]

Rashionality
01-16-2001, 02:58 PM
I love that Ventura...I hope he gets there too.

pont406
01-16-2001, 03:03 PM
According to what Greg told me, Bruce built the engine, and has helped him with setting up the car,Greg is still experimenting with different converters,etc, looking for more ET. it's no secret that AFR does the CNC work on Bruce's heads, but, he merely rents there machinery to get them done, as i'm sure those CNC's aren't cheap to buy outright, but Bruce did have to port the original heads for the CNC to copy for the program!

Rashionality
01-16-2001, 03:18 PM
Question...is there only 1 port design that is done by AFR or did Bruce supply them with multiple designs. Street, Street/Strip, Full All Out Race port? I was just wondering and I am not trying to stir anything up. I actually like the idea of a CNC set of heads that have good ports "mirrored". Is Bruce the only guy running the CNC AFR program or does Butler or Nunzi or KRE have a deal setup with a CNC machine. I would acquire a set from Bruce, but my conscience will not allow me to do so since his treatment of my business was so poor. I would pay extra just to not deal with him again.

David Holmberg
01-16-2001, 03:42 PM
Paul, While at Butlers shop last year they had a set of E-heads that were CNC ported and given a good look by Pontiac Dude and Triggerman.

Gach
01-16-2001, 04:04 PM
Bruce is the only one who has a CNC program with AFR, Now I don't think there is any multiple port designs. Paul a while back I offer this deal for anyone who was interested, a set of Edelbrock heads bare 960.00, CNC ported by Bruce for 1450.00 not including valve springs. Heads are ship
from Edelbrock derect to Bruce, you pay shipping. A few guys took the offer, and there are now 8 sets of heads, being CNC ported. If you want a set of Butler's heads, CNC ported by who knows who, it'll cost you 6000.00 complete.

Rashionality
01-16-2001, 05:27 PM
I want to get a set of E-Heads for my wifes car. Nothing too radical though so I will more than likely buy the box stock e-heads direct. If you remember Lou I asked to buy those heads and you gave me a bunch of crap about it and basically made it obvious that you had no interest in selling them to me. Thanks for the reply though.

Gach
01-16-2001, 05:38 PM
Paul, I'm not talking about the heads I had for sale, they had nothing to do with the CNC ported heads, though Bruce, plus if you were interested, all you had to do was e-mail me, I don't get into all the details on the board when I'm selling some thing, I like either the phone or e-mail derect from who's ever interested.

Ed Grisez
01-16-2001, 05:38 PM
Hey Pontiac Dude, does the offer stand for the funny car too? It wouldn't be fair to run my tube car against you street car BUT my tube car against you funny car would most likely give you an advantage. What do you think? 2 out of 3? Hello? Come out come out from where ever you are. LOL Let me know the details....Ed

PONTIAC DUDE
01-17-2001, 08:19 AM
Simple rules: No tubed cars or race cars. but any suspension mods, Any power adders, No alcohol. (StreetCar remember?) Mufflers that at least exit behind the drivers door. (NMCA/NSCA rule)No cu. in. limit, No NOS, BLOWER, Single Turbo (I'm not a fool) limit. Must look at least stock in appearance in side and out. (Again NSCA/NMCA type rules) NHRA legal for times turned. Slicks allowed. 3400 minumum weight. And last but not least, all working lights and horn. Remember "STREET" I don't think it could get any more basic and still appear streetable. Right Paul?
I"ll put up $250, anyone match it!!!!
Let"s put some excitement @ Norwalk this year!!!!
No Funny Car, Hahahahahahaha.

------------------
NOS is like American Express.....You don't leave home without it. http://PontiacPower.cc

[This message has been edited by PONTIAC DUDE (edited 01-17-2001).]

zedo
01-17-2001, 11:24 AM
Cool pics. Gach, all, if ya look in the background behind Pontiac Dude's car, you'll see Jim Y.'s tube chassis '98 FB, with his girlfriend on side directing, in the burn out area in other lane. 8.79 @ 155, set low e.t. for door cars, with D-port #48 heads.

[This message has been edited by zedo (edited 01-17-2001).]

Rashionality
01-17-2001, 01:21 PM
No tubbed cars? OK, I guess you guys down there in Flor-Duh don't have any Pro-Street cars driving around town. I would think you would since you posted that Florida has "more fast Pontiacs than any other state". I know of a half dozen cars in my area that are tubbed and are street driven all the time, christ mine even has power windows and power locks Ken...and weighs more than yours does. I don't even own my own speed and marine shop either, I sit behind a desk and push a damn pencil for a living. I get greasy for fun, I race for fun, I race "on the street" for money. I am coming to Norwalk this year and I am gonna race, and if Bill gets a title for "Lemanster" then I guess I'll take your bet too Ken, that cars not tubbed. And...don't you run a 12 1/2" tire on that car Ken...or should I say couldn't you?

PONTIAC DUDE
01-17-2001, 04:10 PM
I never said there aren't any tubed street cars here. I drove my 65 GTO on the street for 3 years and it had an All Aluminum interior and 14 X32 MT's, even ran quite a few street races with it. I'm running a real 10.5" tire, no 10.5 "W", no 12 1/2". So you think it would be fair for me to run a 15X33 tire car with a 4 link ???? Have you even looked at the rules for NMCA/NSCA? They only have 2 Big tire classes. The offer was made to run for $250. I left the rules fairly open. Would you run for money (At the track) against a big tire car? Let me check my drivers license, just to make sure I wasn't born yesterday. What more could I offer????? A drive, OK, Give me a distance, both cars will drive. Geez, I don't know what more I could do to try and keep it at least somewhat fair. I mean, any rear suspension, slicks, no cubic inch limit, power adders. This is a challenge, not a shootout!!!! Time probably wouldn't allow a full all out shootout anyway. The rules I'll run someone by are posted in the previous post. BTW: I'm giving up quite a bit to get'er done.
3400 lb minimum....I weigh 3650 lb.
Any rear suspension...I have a stock leaf spring, no floater, nothing trick.
No cu.in limit.....I run a 428
Any Slick that will fit the stock type wheelwell.....I run a true 10.5 nothing cut or backhalved.
Power adders Blowers, Single turbos(multi-stage NOS allowed)I.E. plates with fogger....I run a plate system only.
Geez, Marty has me beat already, along with Greg in the Ventura, and a dozen more out there, "Dirty ED" is flying, Gach is thinkin "Real Hard", maybe Rex will pull that car ot of mothballs and set it on KILL, LOL!!!! But that's what this is about. Winning with less is a rush. Hell, Pontiacs have been doing that for years in Engine only competition. Now it's time to step up. The stakes could rise as there's plenty of time till Norwalk., So Paul, get the What ever you call it, Lemanster home and take that BIG Check you got from your boss, that was for the Street car series and "GETT'ER Done". First offer takes it, all others will be for a lb of Ice Cream ,Hahahahahaha. But I'm not gonna run 15 cars in a row either. I'd even go for a best 2 out of three, if the sponsers of the event will allow it in their time frame. It's their show, this is for fun. Lighten up, Dude. LOL.

------------------

Rashionality
01-17-2001, 05:05 PM
Just don't forget one thing DUDE...you better eat my Bar-B-Q AFTER these races or you're gonna go a tenth slower...The Lemanster as I understand right now is an "Untitled" car...kind of can't make a street car from that now can I. And as far as that "BIG" check...I'll take one of them every year for free thank you...I don't care if it was $420 bucks...it's still money for nothing and I already got a chick for free...lol...Can I put a smaller tire on my TA and run you Dude? I have access to that kind of stuff...or just because it runs ladder bars and coil-overs I an DQ'd...actually I bet she would go faster on a small tire. My car is even heavier than yours is and I use MUCH less N20 than you too. And as far as small tires go...Joe White from Whites performance here in Jersey has two small tire 8 second rides. And they ARE 8 second rides I have seen his timeslips. 1-Nova, 1-S10 Truck...both leave on the bumper without the bars on them...and are street raced in Philly A LOT...come on people from philly who still go to the races...you know who I'm talking about...or even Fat Angelo...he always has a smoking small tire car too.

[This message has been edited by Rashionality (edited 01-17-2001).]

Rashionality
01-17-2001, 05:13 PM
And as far as racing a big tire car at the track with a small tire car...would I do it for money? If I owned Scott Rex's 70 I would be doing it all of the time. Actually the very first money I ever won was betting on Scott at Atco against a "Tubbed" Chevelle..."Race Car"...Scott got beat on the line...but that was about it.

PONTIAC DUDE
01-17-2001, 05:38 PM
No problem dude. put a small tire on it and your first in line to take a shot at the "Dude". LOL. Better ask Scott again about what's happening as far as NOS racing in the last 4 years. He taint no dummy. I used to be able to count on one hand the # of Pontiac true street cars in the 9's, now I have to take off my shoes to count em all. Ya better juice up the T/A dude cause your gonna need all you can carry. LOL.
BTW: Better get Rex to bring his fill station as your gonna support his trip to Norwalk, HAHAHAHAHAHA

------------------

Ed Grisez
01-18-2001, 10:30 AM
It looks as though you're having trouble getting any takers. My offer still stands for a shot at the funny car.

Gach
01-18-2001, 08:20 PM
Well I got to talk to Greg, the owner of the Ventura. You wouldn't believe his combination, he did actualy build his own motor, Bruce pick the cam, and did the heads. He wasn't afraid to tell me anything I wanted to know about the whole car, really glad I
got to talk to him. That's and unbelievable car. Would you believe he's only running a 2500 stall convertor. Aluminum rods with JE pistons. He did the nitrous fogger set up himself, hit's with about 400 hp of juice. The block is not filled, and it's only a 2 bolt main, with studs, no steel caps. Runs a
Victor intake, with 1" splacer. 1140 Dominator carb. We talk about needing more
convertor, and he agrees, going to a 3500 stall, and maybe a 3.55 gear, runs
3.73's now. Also going to a smaller cam, As close as I can figure he's making 1000 hp
to run those numbers, says he's has it running 9.18's now, figures the convertor,
and smaller cam will get him into the 8's. If he has the money this year, he's going to
fuel injection. Going to try and make Norwalk this year, not sure if he can, Norwalk
and Dayton are only two weeks apart.

Can you believe this guy really drives this car on the street, not married or have any kids. He dosen't have allot of high dollar stuff, get this' doesn't even run a MSD, and uses and HEI distributor. Car weighs over 3500 lbs. Uses the nitrous right off the line, said he did lean it out once and burnt up a couple of pistons, runs a 428 block with a 455 crank. I ask him if he had the crank lighten, said no, only thing I did was have the rod journals turn to SBC ...2.100, does run the longer rod though 6.800".

David Holmberg
01-18-2001, 08:43 PM
Like I've said before, Greg is a good guy!
At Norwalk he was hitting a 500 shot off the line, WOW!
Let's see, If I had no wife or Kids.... Stop, bad thoughts.... LOL!!!!

PONTIAC DUDE
01-18-2001, 10:47 PM
Yo Ed. Lady Dude is working out and getting ready for a "Thrilla in Manilla". She said she's game depending on if I can get a decent engine in it to make a fight out of it. So it looks like a go. I hope you have primer under that paint... Don't want to pull the day glow orange off with vacuum of F/C, you know it has been rated along side the Space shuttle at launch, don't ya. Matter of fact, I'm gonna put a bumper sticker on the rear so you have something to read going down the track, Hahahahaha.
I guess Paul isn't gonna take me up on the match race, I even told him to put a 10.5 tire on that "Race Car". I can't hold his hand, what more can I do???? LOL. Yo Dude?
I don't think I can stir too much more Sh*t, without being too obnoxious. LOL. or getting jumped at Norwalk, Hahahaha...Your turn Ed.

------------------

Brian Baker
01-18-2001, 11:00 PM
Like I said in an earlier post, Greg deserves a big "attaboy" (well, I originally said a pat on the back) for dialing in this combo. I have to wonder though how long the short block is going to hold up with the continous hits of n2o. If/when it blows, it would make a good case study for the board. I don't know how well the car hooks, but I wonder if a few hundreths could be further shaved off the ET if the n2o wasn't hit so hard off the line and was progressively introduced?

Brian Baker
01-18-2001, 11:02 PM
P-Dude !!! Is Lady Dude working on her "rope a dope" technique ???

David Holmberg
01-18-2001, 11:16 PM
Brian I think so. We all know The Dude has the "I'm the greatest" part down... LOL!

Gach
01-18-2001, 11:40 PM
Oh did I say he has 1.30 sixty ft's. Nitrous doesn't blow motors, tuners blow motors, Nitours is allot safer then you think,just ask the Dude. It's when you get hungry, and go out on that power edge ,and lean the thing out, or detonation. Dude has over 300 passes on his over 900 hp, just have to know what your doing, and from talking to him for over and 1½, I think he knows what he's doing. Besides anyone who plays with that much hp, knows their liveing on the edge. Only difference is some can afford to play while others can't, but you never know untill you play. Like Greg says with out those heads, he wouldn' even be close to running as fast as he is. We did talk about another Pontiac engine builder that he dealt with,and couldn't even come close, I won't mention the guys name.

Gach
01-18-2001, 11:54 PM
Actualy when you think about it, he doesn't have any more money in that short block, then that guy who ran that amazing 11.37, in that 4000 lb car. Really a cheap short block, when you stop and think about it.

Half-Inch Stud
01-19-2001, 12:02 AM
..I stopped to think about it but nothing happened.

David Holmberg
01-19-2001, 12:02 AM
Thats enough...
http://www.bestanimations.com/Animals/Mammals/Monkey-01.gif

Brian Baker
01-19-2001, 12:12 AM
Let me clarify what I meant by my question of how long the short block will last. I'm referring directly to the 2-bolt main with cast caps. Never mind if he's normally aspirated, using n2o, or making his own atmosphere, I would think that at that power level, it's only going to stay together so long.

Gach
01-19-2001, 12:31 AM
Well I'm amaze that's it's stayed together
as long as it has, no block filling, and no steel caps, totally amazing, he must have found one hell of a block, with some real good walls. Don't think a 428 block is any stronger then a 455 block, some guys just get lucky, others are not so lucky, that'd be me. He told me that after checking the main caps for movement there was no sigin.What's
helping him I think is the ***ger system, more effcient, good heads with equal ports, allot easier to tune, you don't have cylinders that are all over the place.
Not some thing I would attemp. But I think
when we talk about flow numbers we never think of effcienty, we get to wrap up in flow numbers, like a head that flows 370 cfm, is really going to make that much more power, truth be known, a really good head that flows 320-340 cfm would probably make more power, because it's more effcient. Of course when you talking nitrous you really need the valume, but what good is it, if the port is in effcient. I think that's what's save him, having a relly effcient motor, others probably wouldn't have lasted beyon 20 passes.

[This message has been edited by Gach (edited 01-18-2001).]

Scott Misus
01-19-2001, 08:21 AM
Who's the guy that ran the 11.37?

My understanding is that the '65-'67 421's and 428's are capable of a greater overbore because of more wall thickness.

PONTIAC DUDE
01-19-2001, 08:33 AM
David Holmberg
Chief Pontiyaker
posted 01-18-2001 10:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian I think so. We all know The Dude has the "I'm the greatest" part down... LOL!
IP: Logged

David, you are sooooooooooooo funny, Hahahahahaha. If I didn't have an Ego, I couldn't race. LOL.
BTW: I have to add that If in fact he does run that combo, I'm impressed, and he is flying, no doubt about it!!! But I'll be so far out in front that if that 2 bolt set up lets go, The parts won't hit my car, Hahahahahaha. What do ya think Gach. LOL.
No Brian, she doesn't need to work on the rope-a-dope, Of course, you could say she's the rope and I'm the............. Gotta hop.

------------------

Cruiser
01-19-2001, 08:57 AM
I have a 65-66 ,421, 4-bolt main cap in my shop that was broken completly in two ,I was helping a friend disassemble the 421 for a rebuild in his 65 goat.It definitely convenced me to that I made the right decision to go with steel mains & studs.Especially with a hard hit of nitrious,
Later Mark B.

[This message has been edited by Cruiser (edited 01-19-2001).]

Ed Grisez
01-19-2001, 11:17 AM
Sorry Dude if I confused you. This isn't going to be a bracket race so the slower car doesn't get to go first. So there's no reason to put the bumber sticker on the back if you want me to see it. LOL

Although tell Lady Dude to wear her sun glasses so I don't have to hear any excuses about how bright it was in front of her. I can hear her now, "but Ken I know he beat me I must have lifted before the line, it was so bright I couldn't help it." Ken: It's not your fault, you gave her all she had" LOL

your turn...

David Holmberg
01-19-2001, 06:36 PM
Dude, When the slipper fits.... It's not bragging! If they only knew you were going that fast with "That" block... You are the man!

Brian Baker
01-20-2001, 03:09 PM
Scott, you know who "that guy" is!

"Well, the way I see it...if you're here, and I'm here, doesn't that make it 'our time' ???" - Jeff Spicolli

Scott Misus
01-20-2001, 03:50 PM
you?

Brian Baker
01-20-2001, 05:35 PM
Jeez, Misus! You are THICK! (not like me, thick in the head...well, maybe like me in that respect - LOL). I left a hint in the last post. Who did Jeff Spicolli say that line to? Why it was MR. HAND !!!

"If you're gonna' get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'll have to stop doing stupid thing!" - Homer J

Ed Grisez
01-20-2001, 06:38 PM
Well it's final, you've got a taker, Pontiac Dude. I'm posting this for my buddy Greg, you know the one with the red Ventura. He told me to post for him that he will run you at Norwalk best 2 out of 3. This way you don't have to goto Dayton. $250 sounds good. By the way if for what ever reason he doesn't show up I'll give you the $250. Ed

Brian Baker
01-20-2001, 08:13 PM
I'll volunteer my photography skills for this match race (sounds like fun!). You can check out my photog' skills on the outlawpontiacs website, the pics of 1st thru 3rd place winners on the opening page are all mine.

PONTIAC DUDE
01-20-2001, 09:24 PM
Good deal, it's a go!! Finally somebody with kahunas...hahaha
As we get closer to show time I'll see if I can get hold of the event sponsers to see when we can set up this best two out of three deal. Guess it's time to retire my four year old nitrous short block and step up to the pump. Should see a pair of sub 9 second passes from two Pontiac street cars.
Pontiac Dude
BTW: I'm also throwing in loser buys the winner a pound of ice cream...hahaha

.......and I'm still thinking of a good comback Ed....Lady Dude

Ed Grisez
01-20-2001, 11:48 PM
Sounds good.

Take your time on the comeback. We have plenty of time.
Ed

Rashionality
01-21-2001, 02:57 AM
I had the Kahoonas, but my car has big tires...and weighs more than 200 pounds more than yours does and uses MUCH less nitrous...oh well

PONTIAC DUDE
01-21-2001, 03:59 PM
Yo Paul, Quit whining. LOL. I told you, you could put a 10.5 tire and I would race you!!!! Do you see me whining about running Greg or saying NO?. You sound like some of the "Street Racers" down here. They want the obvious advantage. You were Bragging about how you could run low nines with NOS, etc. So I gave you a shot. You backed out. Greg has me covered by 200lbs. coilovers w/ladder bars, 10.5W tire, bigger motor, more NOS, so what's your point?????? 7 months away would have given you a ton of time for working the bugs out. Hell, you have $4200.00 you were braggin about, blowin on your car to step up your combo too. Geez, dude. What did you want me to do??? give ya a full tree head start too!!!!! Just remember dude, If you gonna talk the talk to me, then you need to walk the walk. Nothing personal, but It's about time that Pontiacs get a "STREET RACE", among themselves, instead of hearing about the Chevy's & Fords (with their events)doing it all the time!! And Norwalk (being the premier event) might as well be the place to do it. Hey, Ed......Tell Greg to call his Daddy in Calif, Hahahahaha & order up some more Horsepower, cause the Dude's going to the LAB and mix up some more "WHOOP A$$". Hahahahahaha. Later,
and should have both cars there.

------------------

Craig Berkheimer
01-21-2001, 05:17 PM
Back to what Zedo said about Jim Yanoski's 98 Firebird. It ran a best (at Norwalk) of 8.79 @ 155mph!
This was the "Quickest Traditional Powered Door Car" at Norwalk. Jim received a huge trophy (4ft) sponsored by the Outlaw Pontiac Racers Assoc. for his effort. Norwalk Raceway Park also reconized Jim at the event.
OPRA will we be sponsoring the same trophy at the 2001 event.

Any Takers??

------------------
Outlaw Pontiac Racers Association
"For Those Who Live The Legend" www.outlawpontiacs.com (http://www.outlawpontiacs.com)

JBP 416ci on Gasoline
#16 Dports 10.8-1 Compression
Weight - 3275
10.5 - 29.5 TIRE
Best ET: 60ft=1.39
1/8 =6.49@104mph
1/4 =10.29 @ 129mph

[This message has been edited by Craig Berkheimer (edited 01-21-2001).]

PONTIAC DUDE
01-21-2001, 07:39 PM
What do you mean by traditional powered Door car?

------------------

David Holmberg
01-21-2001, 08:57 PM
Traditional = Pontiac Power
Door car = Door slammer, or other than FunnyCars, Dragsters, Altereds, Ect...
D-Ports Too! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
This year a Street car may be in the running for the trophy... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Sorry, I can't help myself...

Scott Rex
01-21-2001, 10:00 PM
I'm going for that Outlaw trophy this year! If all goes as planned (and we know things ALWAYS go as planned, right) I aiming to put my 90 TA in the real high 7's.
I'm also stepping up my 70 TA this year by losing a few pounds (it's 3600 race ready now, I'm looking to take it down to 3400) Looking for some high 8 second passes through the exhaust with a stock rear suspension and bolt on traction bars.
I won't be bringing both cars to Norwalk this year, just the 90 so I'm gonna have to side with Pontiac dude with the match race win! (any takers, nothing wrong with a little friendly wagering $$$ ???) (nothing against Greg, I met him last year, he seemed like an OK guy, I just know Ken better!)

Craig Berkheimer
01-21-2001, 11:32 PM
Thank's David for clarifying that for the Dude. I fiqure his mind is still on the Outlaw underoo's. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

------------------
"For Those Who Live The Legend"
www.outlawpontiacs.com (http://www.outlawpontiacs.com)

JBP 416ci on Gasoline
Weight - 3275
10.5 - 29.5 TIRE
1/8 =6.49@104mph
1/4 =10.29 @ 129mph

PONTIAC DUDE
01-22-2001, 08:25 AM
I guess I need to join the Outlaws, Send me the info.
BTW: Most clubs & organizations have T-shirts to sell.. Rumor has it the East coast chapter has Underoos with the "OUTLAW" logo on them. What colors are available???? Purple/Grape??? Are they boxers or Briefs??? Is the Logo on the front or back??? I hope it's on the back as I get a little, opp's, touchie if the Indian would be looking at my .......Hahahahahaha.Later.

------------------

Brian Baker
01-22-2001, 05:41 PM
Ken, we're out of the "grape" colored Outlaw Underoo's. Nobody's 'fessing up, but word has it Craig bought them all!

Craig Berkheimer
01-26-2001, 08:11 PM
Back to the topic, what does this Ventura run on just the motor?

------------------
"For Those Who Live The Legend"
www.outlawpontiacs.com (http://www.outlawpontiacs.com)

JBP 416ci on Gasoline
Weight - 3275
10.5 - 29.5 TIRE
1/8 =6.49@104mph
1/4 =10.29 @ 129mph

pont406
01-28-2001, 05:47 PM
I think Greg told me he's only made a few passes without NOS, he said it ran 11.09 on it first pass down the track, with a smaller cam,carb, and 3:42 gears, no NOS!

boykoman
01-28-2001, 06:08 PM
How about Tom Hermans street car didnt he run 8.70s?

PONTIAC DUDE
02-22-2001, 11:29 AM
Well, I got a phone call last night. Unconfirmed rumor has it that the Ventura is changing up the combo for Norwalk. The pressure's on!!! LOL. Another unconfirmed rumor....."His" sponsor will show to lend a hand. Cool. Hey sponsor, better bring an extra dollar cause, when I whoop the Ventura, your gonna owe me a LB of Norwalk Ice Cream. Hahahahahaha. Had put the T/A on the back burner working on the Funny Car & getting Lady Dude ready for license runs. Guess it's time to change the short block (300 passes, over 3/4's on NOS) and put the 10.5" slicks on!!!! Looks like this will fun. Is this a best 2 out of 3, or One time winner take all? Are we gonna drive for a streetability test? Maybe let the board decide, wadddaya think???? Well, It's still early, but wouldn't mind meeting the "Sponsor". Later,

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/pontiacdude428

Ed Grisez
02-22-2001, 04:29 PM
You know how it is with rumors, if not totally true there's at least a bit of truth to them. I'll confirm for you that the rumor is OH so very true(at least about the Ventura). 2 out of 3 is what I originally mentioned to Greg and he doesn't have a problem with that.
Hey Dude, would Gach be your source of info? I know lady's never..I mean guys never tell. LOL I'll keep it short for you dude, you have definitly got your work cut out for you...
Later
Ed