PDA

View Full Version : lemans 10 bolt 2.73

bob macey
02-03-2000, 05:42 PM
Is this rear end good enough for mountain cruising with a 350TH and a 350H.O.(no posi) ,or should I go with a 3.08 posi.Its going to go in a 72 conv that I hope to take on a lot of road tours also.Iv'e already planned on new Hotscis (1"lower) high performance springs and new upper and lower trailing arms with a new 1" sway bar in back. I also plan to put on new 1" lower front springs, kyb shocks all around, pst polyurethane front end kit with 1 1/4 sway bar.Can I beat this set up for the roads?

------------------

bob macey
02-03-2000, 05:42 PM
Is this rear end good enough for mountain cruising with a 350TH and a 350H.O.(no posi) ,or should I go with a 3.08 posi.Its going to go in a 72 conv that I hope to take on a lot of road tours also.Iv'e already planned on new Hotscis (1"lower) high performance springs and new upper and lower trailing arms with a new 1" sway bar in back. I also plan to put on new 1" lower front springs, kyb shocks all around, pst polyurethane front end kit with 1 1/4 sway bar.Can I beat this set up for the roads?

------------------

jnyeager
02-04-2000, 04:08 PM
Sounds good to me. Your choice of wheels/tires will probably make the biggest difference overall. The rear-end sounds great for road touring. You won't be spinning the motor too much. Is your LeMans equipped with a V-8? If so, then you'll have enough torque for easy mountain cruising. I don't think that Posi is a necessary concern for you unless you are wanting high-performance acceleration off the line.

bob macey
02-04-2000, 04:49 PM
thanks for the response jnyeager. The car had 245 G60 15 tires on 15x7 ralley II rims, ( they might be 15x8 I've never had the tires off).The tires are shot so maybe I should try some of the other lower profile tires out on the market. I want to keep the ralley IIs though.The engine isn't decided yet , I can but back in the original engine after a rebuild ,350 hopped up to 300 hp or go with a 455 that I can get that puts out 375 hp, what do you all think? Thanks Bob