PDA

View Full Version : Chevy and B.O.P. Quadrajets

Double A
01-29-2000, 04:47 PM
Thanx 4 the help, guys. Question:
Since the main body inlet is different between Chevy and B.O.P. quadrajets, can you successfully interchange the main body of a Chevy quadrajet with that of a Pontiac/Buick, providing the design/model is visually similar? And would the choke pull-off assy (one or two diaphragm type)of a Chevy quad bolt on a Pontiac/Olds/Buick quad?

Double A
01-29-2000, 04:47 PM
Thanx 4 the help, guys. Question:
Since the main body inlet is different between Chevy and B.O.P. quadrajets, can you successfully interchange the main body of a Chevy quadrajet with that of a Pontiac/Buick, providing the design/model is visually similar? And would the choke pull-off assy (one or two diaphragm type)of a Chevy quad bolt on a Pontiac/Olds/Buick quad?

Chiefpontiac
02-01-2000, 01:52 AM
The Quadrajet was designed as a modular item and this makes the parts highly interchangeable across makes. I have purchased many carbs at swap meets that were combinations of three or four different makes of carbs!! I believe this has lead to some of the speculation that the Quadrajet = quadrajunk. Upon close inspection, there are literraly dozens of differences between identical looking Buick and Pontiac Q-Jets. I have produced a few SD clone carbs using Buick 455 800 cfm float bowl sections and Pontiac air horns, choke mechanisms and throttle bodies. The Buick float bowl requires many modifications (unless the donor carb is a Stage I) to perform as well as a standard Pontiac carb.