PDA

View Full Version : Dash Removal

JC455
05-31-2000, 09:35 PM
Anybody removed the dash of a 68? What's involved, and is there anything required (special fastners) to reinstall it?
All help appreciated.
Thanks-

------------------
John

JC455
05-31-2000, 09:35 PM
Anybody removed the dash of a 68? What's involved, and is there anything required (special fastners) to reinstall it?
All help appreciated.
Thanks-

------------------
John

Reed
06-01-2000, 05:19 PM
I just did this last month, and the dash itself has a number of screws, (3?) that go into plastic oval shaped inserts. When I took mine off the plastic inserts disintegrated. I got replacements from Year 1 that worked great. Other than that all it took was a lot of patience and the ability to twist your arms and fingers into unnatural positions. I recommend taking the drivers seat out so you can lay right in there. The steering column needs to be lowered which is no big deal. There are screws that come in from the backside to hold the dash in place. I left the wiper switch and ignition switch connected to the dash when I pulled it and just unplugged them from the back. Taking off/on the heater controls can be a real pain but you don't have to remove them unless you want to clean up the control panel which I did. Don't forget the speedo cable, good luck

JC455
06-02-2000, 10:51 PM
Muchos Gracias (Californian for Thanks Dude!-oops, more Californian /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I appreciate the help. I'm going to repaint my dash and wasn't sure what to expect.

------------------
John

Ccass
06-02-2000, 11:22 PM
There is another topic dated 1-20 in the 70-72 Tech forum that might also help.