PDA

View Full Version : bad dash pad #2

doug vander plaats
04-11-2002, 08:47 PM
My mistake on previous post concerning poor fit of top from original parts group, called installer again and he stated top bars could still be bent after straightening them which would acoont for the short material side to side problem. dash and top boot remain a mystery, Sorry for confusion, will research my complaints more thoroughly in future.

doug vander plaats
04-11-2002, 08:47 PM
My mistake on previous post concerning poor fit of top from original parts group, called installer again and he stated top bars could still be bent after straightening them which would acoont for the short material side to side problem. dash and top boot remain a mystery, Sorry for confusion, will research my complaints more thoroughly in future.

rannca
04-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Doug,
I ordered the same dash pad, and went to install it 31 days after it arrived and the fit was as you stated, they are sending me a rma to ship it back, even though it looks similar (and was marked 67) to my origional one I swear they sent a 66 instead. You might try stating that they sent the wrong one too.

sorry to hear of your misfortune with them not taking it back and agree that they should, I would see if I could talk to someone higher up.
I have the same tendacy to get the stuff together before starting to work on it.

good luck!

doug vander plaats
04-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Rannca,
Thank you for your reply! I will take your advice and explain my situation to them as I am ready to place an order with them now, I have always had such good luck with their parts fit/quality/finish previously so was unable to make sense as to why a company that had such a good track record could send me a part so visibly incorrect. Hearing that this has happened to someone besides myself makes me think there might just be a bit of misinformation logged in the database somewhere along the line, and I'm sure they would not want repeat customers like myself to lose faith in them that they have obviously worked hard to get. We need every company we can producing parts for our toys!! It is great to have this site available so shared information can shed light on otherwise puzzling situations. Perhaps the same theory applies to my top boot problem? Anyone that could shed light on this for me would make me happier than a pig in mud !! Thanks again Rannca, and my apoligies to my main supplier for doubting you, my next order is on it's way Doug

Kurt Zimmerman
04-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Doug,
I agree, it is great to have this forum available- that's why you should make PERFORMANCE YEARS your main supplier. Let the Chevy boys keep OPG in business. PY is PONTIAC ONLY!

My .02 cents worth.

Kurt

doug vander plaats
04-13-2002, 09:14 AM
Kurt,
Have you heard the story about the man who was found living in a dark cave in s.w. Minnesota? Oh, he knew of little outside of his little world of daily lighting his torch to read the carvings on the wall. Growing increasingly tired of the same meal of mosquitoes and boiled pig tails, he summuns up the courage to tell his female mate,Lumpy Head, that he is going to leave the home he has always known and search for new things. Concerned, but equally excited, she packs his badger skinned sack with same sparrow wings and frog heads. The big moment arrives and he grabs his best club, strikes his wife goodbye, and shields his eyes against the burning brightness they know as "that big burning thing that hurts my eyes". Days pass, then weeks, months, years, and still Lumpy Head sees no sign of Dug. Somewhere out there, she thinks to herself, he lies injured or worse. Saddened, but fearing the same fate would befall her, she dies alone in that cave years later. Meanwhile, Dug has finally reached civilization and sits wondering two things. One is " I wonder what ever happened to old Lumpy Head?", and the other being " How did I ever get through 2 decades of living in the dark with my head up my rear cave entrance?" Thank you Kurt, Rannca, and all fellow members for showing this poor sap the light, it no longer burns my eyes and is actually quite helpful in showing the way to a place called Hooters, God I wish old Lumpy Head could see me know and meet my new friend, Lumpy Chest!!!!!!
"Dug"

Ccass
04-23-2002, 07:52 PM
Sorry to say we carry that same dash pad. Although we let you know up front it's not a perfect fit. I did get it to fit on my recently restored 67. I had to elongate the hole on the left side of the dash and grind some fiberglass away from where it meets the dash plastic. Now that it's on there it looks pretty nice. If you are going for concours, I would definitely recommend Just Dashes or finding an uncracked original.

doug vander plaats
04-23-2002, 08:35 PM
Thanks,
I respect honesty!
Doug