PDA

View Full Version : Moroso water pump drive pics

Jagtec1
09-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Can someone post pics of a Moroso Electric water pump drive on their Poncho? I know, I know...get the CSR pump. Well, funds are tight...I got a complete new Moroso setup for $35, so that's how it's gonna be until I hit the lottery.

Thanks!

mikeb
09-07-2006, 10:19 PM
I don't have any pics, but mine fit on the passenger side on a couple of the holes. Needed a couple of longer bolts for the water pump/bracket and used the spacers that came with it. If you don't have the spacers you'll need to stack washers or nuts.

If anyone is interested I have two working motors, the bracket, a old good belt and a new belt still in the package, a standard pulley, and an overdrive pulley. Make me an offer for everything.

Walter Lansing
09-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Here's one but you can't see much.
Walter

Brian Baker
09-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Nothing wrong with the Moroso electric pump. Some folks prefer it, as you can see whether or not it's working, and when it quits, it's an easy replacement. Don't forget to install a gutted thermostat, or a restrictor in place of the thermostat. Now you'll be able to cool it down quickly between rounds. I usually let the pump and fans run for about 5 minutes in the Discomobile after shutting the engine off after a pass to cool it down quickly.

RAIV55
09-10-2006, 11:41 PM
For what's it worth, a cheap upgrade for the Moroso motors is to use a radiator fan motor off a GM car. They are permanent magnet motors with ball bearings, draw less amps and spin faster. There is a metal sleeve on 'em that works well when making the mounting bracket. Just use a hose clamp to hold the motor in the sleeve.