PDA

View Full Version : 1971 Pontiac GP - J model

jayb58@gmail.com
08-15-2009, 08:57 AM
71 Grand Prix J model for sale. Original engine has been replaced with other 400. As far as I know the trans and everything else is original including 95% of the paint. Car has very lite surface rust where some of the original lacquer has detiorated. The left front fender was repaired at some point and paint spotted after repair. Car has rust at bottom of left fender and lower area behind both rear tires on qtrs. Floors and trunk pans are extremely solid and look almost new. Roof still retains original vinyl top, no rust popping out through top, it looks to be very solid as well. Car is triple blue, auto,ac,ps,pdb,console,am/fm radio and pwr windows that work as good as new. All trim condition is above average. Has original 14'' wheels with polyglass tires from the 70's. Car has sat for years, I've owned the car for approx 2 years. Guy I bought the car from is a "flipper/dealer". He bought the car from the original owner therefore I'm the
3rd owner. Engine has good pwr and runs great although there is some smoke when started but quites after running. Trans isn't shifting "clean" through gears, I think it's a vacuum issue since most of the hoses are rotten. Exhaust system will need replacing as well to make the car road worthy. Pretty sure everything else on the car works. Interior is original with front bucket covers coming apart at seams. Passengers seat isn't to bad but drivers has been tearing for quiet some time. Headliner has began to drop, carpet faded, dash and door panels are near perfect for age. Price is $2300. Thanks.

jayb58@gmail.com
08-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Price has been reduced to $1900.