PDA

View Full Version : 61 Ventura

SupergasDil
08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Is anyone looking for a 61 Ventura ?

I'm in a mood and considering selling the Ventura. It's a neat car and I think it looks pretty cool but I'm just not into it like I am with the GTO's

It has a pretty nice paint job. It's not a $15,000 don't drive it anywhere job, it's a straight, nice, shiny, 2005 dodge copperhead, cool take it to a car show or cruise night job.

I removed the front air bags and installed a set of QA-1 Coil Overs. The rear still has the toasted, heated springs and air shocks. I do have a set of pro street coil overs and new shocks that was going to be the next project.

The interior is pretty much toast and needs a complete redo/resto whatever.
I cut the shifter arm off of the column to smooth out the look when I installed the Pro Matic floor shifter, kind of a 4 speed look. There are also 2 holes cut in the dash for the Autometer 2 1/16" temp and oil gauge. I did purchase a factory headliner and material for the sun visors (not installed)

I rounded up all of the exterior trim, a 2 year quest and is all polished and ready to be installed. Just need clips. The only thing missing is the hood arrowhead and the front grill Pontiac emblem

Rear is a one legger 3:08

All gauges/ idiot lights work.

Generator works perfect

The engine is a different story. Any of you that know me know I like to mess with engines. That's my deal. And this one is way nasty. Too nasty for most. It's a .060 over 455 stock stroke with 96 heads, E dual quad set up, Mean drag race flat tappet solid cam that shakes and makes lots of noise, and Pete Jackson NOISY gear drive. Converter is a 9" Munsinger 3,500 stall drag race deal $900.00. trans TH400

I'd be willing to tone the engine down or sell without it and the converter.

All of the glass is good (no cracks) but both of the wing windows have the separation bubbles.

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud.

If you have any interest you can reply, PM or call me 918-497-9756

SupergasDil
08-19-2009, 11:26 AM
A few more

goatless
08-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Price?

Nice looking ride!

SupergasDil
08-19-2009, 03:32 PM
I would consider a trade for a 65 GTO. Or trade and cash for a 65 LeMans or Tempest

You can hear it on www.Youtube.com type in: 1961 Pontiac Ventura walkaround and 1961 Pontiac Ventura Engine Running.

Scott M
08-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Price less engine and transmission?

What is the original color/trim tag code?

SupergasDil
08-19-2009, 06:48 PM
$40,000 complete
$34,000 less engine and transmission

Original color Richleu Blue, 389, 2bbl, automatic, 3:08's,
Interior Tri Blue/White
Have original hubcaps as well.

SupergasDil
08-25-2009, 09:51 AM
The Ventura will be on Ebay in a couple of days.

I'm working towards acquiring more tools for the shop to build chassis, fabricate, work on hot rods and muscle cars as well as a newer diesel truck and trailer to do some auto transport. Then I'll be able to build and ship.

I'm also still dreaming of building an FED.