PDA

View Full Version : 1966 Catalina convertible in MO

Kochtanek
10-20-2009, 11:28 PM
With some regret I have decided to find a new home for my 1966 Pontiac Catalina convertible project. This was a fairly complete vehicle when we started, but I removed the rear bumper and the seats (still have them, they go with the vehicle) and also the 389 two barrel (also still with the car). From the pictures you can see that the vehicle is fairly solid for it's age. The rockers and quarters are in good condition. There are a few dents here that there, but these are solid, not rusted, and can be pulled or dollied out in preparation for paint. The convertible top is all there and we actuated the motors a few years back before putting her into long term storage. Floor pans are in good shape. I can't honestly remember the status of the trunk floor, but I think it was OK. Hood is also removed, but you can see it in some of the pictures. Front wheels are not stock, this was a steel wheel build. No caps.

Sorry I don't have pics of the interior, but all the components are there and in need of new covers.

This vehicle deserves to be restored but it looks like I would not get to her for at least 10 more years. I do a frame off project every 5 years or so, and unfortunately there are three vehicles "ahead" of this one. My loss is your gain.

Let me know if you are interested, I will do my best to answer questions. The vehicle sits in storage about 32 miles away, so it is not easy to get additional pictures. If need be, send me a request and I will make the effort to go out and snap additional pics. She sits in a pretty dark barn with poor lighting and even worse access (jammed up against various Chevys and some boats and tractors). If you'd like to come out and see everything, that can be arranged as well.

I am asking $2200 for everything and am open to offers. I wish I would be the one to do the restoration, but I will have to be pleased with this being someone else's. I took my driver's license (age 16) in my Dad's new '66 Catalina, that's why I purchased her in the first place. Take a look at the pics, let me know if you have any interest or any questions.

Thanks in advance!

Tom Kochtanek
Columbia Missouri 65203
(573) 268-1807 cell