PDA

View Full Version : 24-hour offer: my '62 Safari

Engine-Ear
11-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Guys,

I am posting this here with a 24 hour deadline. After that I am going to put it on eRape.

PHS documented. This is second lowest regular production full size Pontiac made in 1962 (1 of 10,716). This car has great options and is a Texas car with a minimal rust and very straight.

Factory Options:
-Deluxe Radio manual antenna (rebuilt and car is RediRad equipped)
-Dual Speed wipers with washer
-SafeGuard Speedo
-Full Length Dashpad
-Heavy Duty Air Cleaner
-Visor Vanity Mirror
-Outside Driver's Remote Mirror
-Deluxe Steering wheel (in EXCELLENT condition, BTW)
-Deluxe Wheel Discs (BFD)
-Back Up Lamps (again, BFD)
-Underhood Utility Lamp
-Dome and Reading Lamp (swivel map light)
-Dash-Controlled Courtesy Lamps
-Ash Tray Lamps
-Parking Brake Lamp
-Power Steering and Brakes
-E-Z-I Glass (tinted windows - all)
-Luggage Rack (FACTORY design, not dealer or aftermarket style) with bumper step pads
-Air Conditioning (Generator Air, low production!)
-Dash Clock (yet again, BFD)
-Electric tail gate window

Car is numbers-matching from stem to stern. Even has the round-button-rivet fan. Needs a heater core, windshield gasket, speedo cable, transmission seals, wiper motor is sticky and A/C doesn't work. The engine slightly puffs the blues out the right pipe which could be a valve stem seal but I have not checked to know for sure (too much else going on in life to address it)...but I will say this: I will drive the car to wherever you are (provided you cover gas (and motel, if necessary) and a train ticket home.

In addition, I have put a bunch of work and time into the car to make it roadworthy, including:

New M&H Wiring Harness (not tail light but everything else), timing chain, water pump, fuel pump, tires, fan clutch, carb rebuild, complete brake system (including booster) rebuild, recored radiator, rebuilt fuel sending unit, dual exhaust, new SMS door panels, carpet set.

$7495. If you are seriously interested, call my cell phone: 262 313 8149. More pics available upon request. Offer expires at 7 PM central time Tuesday night.

Thanks for reading this.