PDA

View Full Version : '67 GP 4spd 'vert trade for 60's daily driver vert

baron_
03-09-2010, 09:31 PM
My dad is interested in trading his #'s matching 4spd '67 GP convertible for a daily driver pontiac convertible.

His car needs restored, but runs and drives.
new brakes, new radiator, gas system almost done
#'s matching 400 pontiac with 670 heads and the long-tail shaft muncie.
We have PHS on it. Probably only 20 or 30 4spd GP convertibles exist. I hear around 50 were made.

Lots of work done. Lots needed. New rear quarter patches made. Floors patched. Has an edelbrock carb on it, but have the original.

Body isn't bad, but haven't taken the primer off much from previous owner.
Obviously needs top and whatnot.

What we'd like to find: A daily driver pre '68 Pontiac convertible. He'll consider much anything.
Prefer driver paintjob. Doesn't have to be a showcar - simply presentable. Prefer not to have to install a top, but depends on your car.
Just...no heavy projects....he's retiring and wants to give up the hard work.

We'd love to find a car that has a nice body/interior/paint and needs a motor/transmission.
But consider much anything, from tempests to bonnevilles. Must be a convertible.
May push the considered cars to '72 if it's an a-body convertible. Who knows.

I'll get some pictures when it gets warm.

viper7711
05-29-2010, 01:21 AM
Where at in Middletown?? I live there :D

Pontiacdaver
05-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Where at in Middletown?? I live there :D

Hey Viper,

My girlfriend lives there, and I am over there often. I will eventually be moving there. Maybe we could get together sometime.

Dave

baron_
05-31-2010, 05:11 PM
ya missed me by a week - moved to Charlotte

But my twin turbo car and the GP are still in middletown with my parents
I put a new motor in the GP before i left

my dad still plays with the stuff quite a bit
Maybe you could convince him to take you a ride :)

viper7711
06-01-2010, 05:22 AM
sounds good guys. My wife and I just bought a house there and are restoring it (in the old downtown area). It would be nice to know a few people in town who like talking cars :) They had this mini car show awhile back by the subway and laundrymat... seen a few GTOs for sale on the back road going toward Dayton too.

Pontiacdaver
06-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Hey Viper,

My name, as you can probably guess, is Dave. My email is cmdr000@yahoo if you want to send me your contact info, always interested in meeting fellow Pontiacers.

Baron, let me know how to get in touch with your dad (his name is Harry if I remember right, same as my given name), and I'll contact him too. Why did you move to Charlotte? Wish I could have gotten my hands on the 68 Catalina 'vert he had, it was my favorite color, Aleutian Blue.

-Dave

viper7711
06-02-2010, 04:50 AM
cool! :D

twinturrbo406
12-14-2010, 01:17 PM
........ no pics yet ??? you still got the car ?? .... what do you want for the car ?? cash i mean ??

baron_
12-14-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm no longer involved: my dad owns it back in Ohio and I moved

But yes, he still has it

And he'd probably still sell it. He just retired and isn't playing with pontiacs terribly much.
I'm guessing 6k or 7k, at least. Depends if you want the new engine that was just installed and the original, or just the original, or or or

I think he had the gas tank redone, brake lines, fuel lines, new aluminum radiator among other things.
fab'd patch panels for rear are ready to install

Also installed a rebuilt 400 motor with #16 heads, roller rockers, holley 750, alum water pump, street dominator intake, billet distributor etc etc etc
Runs very well, to say the least

Last i heard, he was working on putting a new exhaust on it
(these pictures have the original engine pictured, which is now sitting in the corner. Also the worst quarter)

skipp65
12-18-2010, 05:51 PM
sorry,dont mean to butt in, but where did you get those patch panels from? they look very nice!