PDA

View Full Version : 1966 Catalina sedan

TylerW
08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey folks:

I have decided to sell one of my 2 Pontiacs, so the '66 Catalina is for sale.

This is a Charcoal Blue sedan with the 290hp engine, TH400, PS, PB and fully intact air-conditioning,

This car has been mostly stored for a long time, so although it needs paint and a minimal amount of bodywork, there are no rot issues anywhere on the outside....fenders, rockers and quarters are fine. Around the bottom of the rear window looks a bit suspect, but I don't think it's been outside long enough to become a big deal.

The trunk floor is not bad, but it's got some small holes scattered around.

The interior is another story. It's had water in it for a while and everything is moldy, musty and stinky, so plan on that being the largest part to tackle. The floorpans seem fine.

The carb badly needs overhauled, but it does run, move and stop.It will need to be trailered.

I have the original keys, manuals and protecto-plate.

Asking $2000 OBO. I will negotiate, because I really want to see this car restored.

Thanks...

TylerW
08-31-2010, 07:50 PM
pic

TylerW
09-04-2010, 11:28 PM
You guys really hate sedans don't you...

This solid car will probably be totally ignored in favor of a rust-bucket coupe or convertible.Oh well, it goes on eBay tomorrow evening.

TylerW
09-12-2010, 09:13 PM
$1200 firm. if I can't get that by next weekend, cash in hand, then I'll scrap it.

The talk about never finding solid old cars doesn't mean much I guess.

Video at www.youtube.com/kjm1983