PDA

View Full Version : 1975 Bonneville

ponchopio
12-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Stupid time to try to sell a car but I purchased a 65 Catalina Safari from a friend and have to get him paid. He's been letting me slide and my in-progress 70 GP isn't selling nor is my 69 GP roller so I'll try this one. It's not fair to let this guy hang just because this is the only one I DON'T want to sell.

This is a 75 Bonny I purchased from fellow PY board member PMDJim (I believe is his ID) in PA a couple of years ago. It has been AWESOME and I love it. I literally drive it every single day. It is my only car other than my wife's mini van and I take my kids in this thing everywhere. I have put almost 16k miles on it over the last year and a half. It is bullet-proof reliable and I've driven it to Norwalk, Dayton POCI Convention, Indianapolis (Indiana Pontiacs open house), Matt Planning's in Milwaukee, MI, IA, etc. Although it's almost 40 years old and certainly anything can happen, I would drive this car to Alaska w/o thinking twice.

It has PS, PB, PW, PSeat, tilt, A/C, Cruise, AM/FM, remote mirror, rear sway bar, 400 2bbl. I gave it a quickie paint job about a year ago that looks great but it os NOT a show car for sure. It just looks great and gets compliments wherever I go and I go EVERYWHERE with it. Runs and rides like a Cadillac. In the two years I've owned it I've done: new exhaust (single), brakes, master cylinder, converted AC to R134 with new VIR and compressor, paint, springs, shocks, belts, hoses and general maintenance. Starts up every single time including all winter when it's below zero here in Chicago. Heat will fry you! Everything works except AM/FM. Everything. Needs nothing to drive every single day.

Headliner, door panels, rear seat, glass, are all excellent. Dash has a few cracks where your knee hits it by the lower door panel side. Can't see them when driving or door is closed. Front seat has three seams that have simply worn out because it's cloth and it's 40 years old. My wife sewed them all up a couple of years ago but they've come apart again. Carpet is fine but faded and dingy on the driver side.

This is one that I do not want to sell. It owes me nothing and has given me everything. Everyone in my town knows me by the car. It will get you absolutely anywhere you want to go in any weather. I'm only selling as I owe a good friend money for a car he sold me a long time ago and if I don't get him paid soon, he likely won't be a good friend anymore!
:-)>

I only want exactly what I have into it which is $2800 and that is w/o my Rally IIs. It will come with steel wheels and hubcaps. I know it's another oddball (not a GP, GTO or Firebird) but where else can you buy a loaded and 100% reliable old Pontiac that will take you and your family wherever you want to go in any climate for less than $3k?

I have a bunch of pictures at the link included that shows before and after shots and full interior and exterior shots. EMail or PM with any and all questions. Thanks!

http://public.fotki.com/ponchopio/ponchopio_vehicles/1975-bonneville/

dedsleds
12-12-2010, 12:18 PM
I HAVE SEEN THE CAR IN PERSON AND IT LOOKS GOOD AND RUNS AND DRIVES WELL.

Bull
12-12-2010, 02:41 PM
I loved this car when Jim listed it here, and I love it even more now. What a killer cruiser.

Hope she finds a good home.

stevep
12-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Dave, did you buy a car?

Bull
12-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Dave, did you buy a car?

I'm working on a deal involving a '76 Trans Am. Still would love a big cruiser some day.

PMDJIM
12-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Can I have it back?

455Grandville
12-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Niiiiiiiiiice

ponchopio
12-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Jim, this thing has been absolutely awesome. It's been a better car than I ever could have dreamed. Hopefully one of the GPs will sell and I'll hang on to this. I finally spent a ton o' $$ getting the AC fixed this year. It was 10 degrees below zero this morning with windchill when I left for work and, like usual, two pumps on the pedal and she's ready for the day!

Merry Christmas and thanks for such a wonderful ride!

John

Can I have it back?

abefromen
12-13-2010, 07:10 PM
How many miles on it?
Any leaks?

ponchopio
12-13-2010, 07:29 PM
It has 115,400 on it as of today. Does not leak or burn a drop of oil or a drop of any fluid for that matter. All PW work but the master switch for the driver side rear doesn't work from the driver side door but does from the rear door directly. Likely a dirty contact but I have a replacement switch anyway. Thanks!

paulkx807
12-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Wow!!!Nice car.

ponchopio
12-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Item #: 300509257745