PDA

View Full Version : 1966 Bonneville Convertilbe

Andre
03-18-2011, 08:47 PM
My old '66 Bonneville is up for sale. I had sold it to my friend in 2001 who just sold it to this dealer about a month ago. The dealer's description on ownership is not accurate, but the car is quite nice. I bought it from the original owner in 1996 with 72000 miles on the odometer. I had the laquer repaint stripped and painted it black. Paint job cost me about $850 in 1996.
Those were the days. Email me if you have questions. I do not know the person selling the car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Bonneville-stunning-66-Pontiac-Bonneville-Convertible-389-tri-power-2-owner-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1a36c70dQQitemZ12069 8881805QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Jerry H.
03-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Being a big car man at heart, I've already noticed that car. Looks like a pretty nice car; some of the underhood touches are a little overdone, but those can be changed in just a few minutes. I noticed it's got a 65 tri power on it too.

Andre
03-20-2011, 12:43 PM
I know my friend included the orignal intake carb and aircleaner which were on the car when I sold it. Car was originally a triple black bench seat car, which was the configuration when I sold it.

63gpman
03-29-2011, 07:23 AM
You wouldn't know how much the dealer purchased it for?

Andre
03-29-2011, 05:03 PM
$15k While the car shows extremely well in the ebay add, and it is a nice car, it is not nearly as nice as the add makes it appear, or the seller indicates, and reminds me of why you should never ever buy a car strictly based on pictures.
As a matter of fact, I downloaded all the pictures from the auction because the car never looked that good in person. Based on the add, I wanted to buy it back. haha
Looking at the auction, I see the seller cancelled all the bids. He had a bid as high as $20K, which means he was making $5K for very little effort, but maybe felt that was not enough. On the other hand, maybe he sold it locally. I'm fairly sure he did not retitle the car and pay the sales tax, so this means the title is still in my friends name.