PDA

View Full Version : Delay box help

navamotorsports
06-06-2014, 06:12 AM
I currently run a Biondo delay box which is the one called the little wizard. I run a power glide tranny and when I have to reverse my race car I have to push my trans break button. Ok with all that said I need help from those of you who are able to go from electronics to a non electronics race in a matter of seconds. Those of you running pig tails on your set of delay box to no delay box can you all help me by printing some written instructions as to how to wire it so I can go from box to no box class. I know that my box also may need to come out of the vehicle and that the box needs to be maybe Velcro to the car. I hope that I made myself clear on the info needed. Pictures would help also. Thank you ahead of time.

60man
06-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Here's how I did mine. I used a wiring strip and match color of wires. I have since found a plug in style and will do later when I get car going.

Jeff V
06-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Use a trailer wiring plug.They come in different #s of wires. They have a bunch at Walmart or any auto store. Easy and it only takes seconds to unplug at the track.

Probird
06-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Use a terminal strip like Troy said. It will mirror the one on your delay box. I assume you are just using 4 wires to the box. PB1, GND, TRANS, +12. Since this box is wired so that +12v is always wired to one side of the transbrake button this will be any easy task.

*Remove the wires from the delay box and attach them to the terminal strip.
*Attach a 4 wire female plug to the other side of the terminal strip.
*Attach a male 4 wire plug to the delay box.
*Make up another 4 wire male plug that will have a jumper between PB1 and Trans. You won't use the other 2 wires.

When you plug in the male plug with the jumper into the one coming from the terminal strip you will be in no-box mode. That's all there is to it. I've attached a couple of pics to help visualize what I'm talking about. Yours will be different than mine because my box doesn't require me to have +12v to my transbrake button when using the delay box. It's a little more complicated to wire.

This assuming you are only using those 4 wires and not one to PB2 to bump up or down and aren't using LL to engage the line lock with the transbrake.

navamotorsports
06-11-2014, 12:13 AM
K got it thanks to all that responded.

60man
06-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Thanks for post Probird.
Wish I only had 4 wires...I have 8.
Not sure I will need a jumper wire yet.?? I wired in a diode crossing brake to line lock so I can use line lock on line when staging with T-brake + use lock for burnouts without T-brake. I think I could do that with box but not without box..
Not sure I will use box that much but wanted the option to run box class if purse was $$$$$$.;)