PDA

View Full Version : 6X-8 Heads

PDC
08-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Currently on my 455. Less than 14k miles since rebuild. 2.11/1.77 stainless Ferrea valves. Brand new screw in studs, guides, Comp FT springs. Motor was rebuilt before I bought the car, and there is no mention in my stack of paperwork about milling or porting. May have been milled the 'typical' .025 or .030 to 96cc. Car runs beautifully, but I'm stepping up to E-heads and don't want these to just sit in the basement. They could be bolted on and run reliably as is, or they would make great cores for an iron head combo. I am in the Kansas City area if anyone who is interested wants to see them or pick them up. $500.00 or make me an offer.

thebuick
08-08-2015, 01:04 PM
are you going to PA in October for the all GM show? if so ill buy these heads or we can work out shipping and a price thank you.Chris

PDC
08-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Sadly, I am not going to to the all GM show this year. But you are the first to respond, so I am happy to acknowledge that you are at the front of the line for these.

My heads should arrive within the next 2 weeks. Once they ship, I will have the motor pulled (also doing a cam swap and installing new oil pan gasket and rear main seal) At that time, we will remove the heads and take some pics.

They may need a good cleaning, but the current build has under 14K miles and the car runs beautifully, so I am sure these heads are rock solid.

Not sure what shipping costs are - never shipped anything like this before. I guess folks typically just wrap the heck out of them with industrial grade saran wrap and ship them truck freight?

BTW - isn't there typically a big GTO show in Wichita KS every year in the late summer or early fall? Wichita is about 2-1/2 hrs from KC.

b-man
08-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Sadly, I am not going to to the all GM show this year. But you are the first to respond, so I am happy to acknowledge that you are at the front of the line for these.

My heads should arrive within the next 2 weeks. Once they ship, I will have the motor pulled (also doing a cam swap and installing new oil pan gasket and rear main seal) At that time, we will remove the heads and take some pics.

They may need a good cleaning, but the current build has under 14K miles and the car runs beautifully, so I am sure these heads are rock solid.

Not sure what shipping costs are - never shipped anything like this before. I guess folks typically just wrap the heck out of them with industrial grade saran wrap and ship them truck freight?

BTW - isn't there typically a big GTO show in Wichita KS every year in the late summer or early fall? Wichita is about 2-1/2 hrs from KC.
That would unfortunately be the surest way insure they will arrive damaged. You need to roll them up in several layers of heavy corrugated cardboard after the saran wrap, and tape them up securely.

Typical UPS or FedEx ground shipping costs around $50 each, depending on the distance. A complete head wrapped up and ready is around 64 pounds.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/b-man64/Hoods%20for%20sale/197166heads.jpg

thebuick
08-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Ok sounds good.pm sent

drtracer58
08-08-2015, 08:32 PM
FWIW : where I work , UPS always charges more when we send a part without it being wrapped in Cardboard, Look into GreyHound ......

PDC
08-09-2015, 08:49 AM
b-man's pic of 'rolling' the heads up in cardboard was all I needed to see. I have tons of cardboard stacked up. I can wrap/ship these just fine as soon as they are off the car.