PDA

View Full Version : Driver's window frame (power) 64 GP

gregneun
04-12-2016, 12:05 PM
One of the tabs, on the bottom window frame has separated. It looks like a small tack weld will take care of it.

Will I have to have the glass removed for this repair?

This is on the bottom edge, of the window channel that attaches to the lifting hardware.

If I find a cleaner one than I have I would be willing to buy, so let me know if you have one.

thanks in advance,
Greg

gregneun
04-13-2016, 12:06 AM
Does anyone have a left, drivers side, front window removed for a 64 GP?

This is for the bottom frame that has the regulator brackets on it.

Does anyone know if Olds, Caddy or Buick used the same bottom frame as Pontiac in 64?

Thanks in advance again,
Greg

Stuart
04-13-2016, 09:34 AM
Should be the same part for other full size GM cars. I think they are also available as reproductions, check the Ames catalog. If you try to fix your part, I'd remove the window glass first - it's possible that a few quick tack welds would be okay, but I'd be afraid of damaging the glass from the heat. The glass is held in with setting tape, which is basically just a strip of rubber. You can remove the channel by tapping it loose, use a piece of wood laying against the glass and pushing on the channel, and tap it gently with a hammer.

8LUG
04-13-2016, 05:16 PM
not the same part number GP by itself. Auto city classics just shows Catalina and Bonneville.

Stuart
04-13-2016, 06:41 PM
The window glass itself would be different, but is the bottom frame different as well?

gregneun
04-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Here's a pic of an Impala one that is on ebay now, not sure if it would be the same as the GP one. One of the center tab welds gave out on mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380459281876?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am going to call Big Car John and see if he might have one. The Pomona Swap Meet is Sunday, but there's usually not a lot of Pontiac parts.

Thanks again,
Greg