Conversation Between Pecosbill and smasse64
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Pecosbill
    12-23-2012 07:41 AM
    Pecosbill
    Steve, you sent me a question over a year ago about your car not shutting off. I just now saw it. Sorry about the non-response. I guess you figured out your problem or else your car has used a lot of gas waiting for me to get back to you.
  2. smasse64
    09-05-2011 11:03 PM
    smasse64
    Pecos,..u r an expert, figured i'd ask..my 64 lemans refuses to turn off at the ignition switch..i can shut motor off, but radio and such stays on, even with key removed...is this the ignition switch...they don't make these anymore i heard..how to fix..any ideas??thanks...steve masse
  3. Pecosbill
    02-26-2009 11:02 PM
    Pecosbill
    Steve, sorry I haven't responded sooner. I haven't checked the computer in a while. To the best of my recollection, the 64 took a 2 1/2 shoe in the front and a 2" shoe in the rear. I will have to verify this by pulling a drum from each, but the car is over in the shop and I won't be going over there until Sunday. I don't think you can just cut down the ridge and run 2 1/2 shoes in the rear. But I have known people that have used rear drums on the front of the car since the OEM front drums aren't available anymore. They have cut the lugs off on the front hub and knocked the remainder of the lugs out and replaced them; this has caused problems, though, as OEM lugs are a bear to find. But apparently the drums work fine on the front. Let me check this weekend and I'll try to get back to you. Bill
  4. smasse64
    02-17-2009 02:29 PM
    smasse64
    pecos..you've always been mighty good with these 64 lemans questions...i noticed that my lemans was spec'd. with either 2" or 2 1/2" wide shoes all around...can i just upgrade to the wider shoes by simply turning the drum for 2 1/2" to remove the ridge/crud??? seems that would improve stopping ability...what do you think??? thank, steve from mass.