Conversation Between 1967Tempest and goatwgn
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. goatwgn
    12-23-2012 08:36 PM
    goatwgn
    This is Al (goatwgn) with the '66 Tempest Custom wagon. I saw a few threads where you changed your camshaft a while back. Although I have driven this car for 30 years, I have never changed the cam with the engine still in the car. I have had this 041 cam in there for about 2 years. Though it is fun when I "get on it" I am less than thrilled with the driveability and the idle quality-even in this 455. I hate Rhodes Lifters, (I like a quiet engine,) therefore I am considering changing cams again. But I dont want to take the engine out of the car, unless necessary. Does your car have AC? How long and how much of a hassle was it to change your cam? I am looking to get a cam I can idle down to the 500rpm range with the ac on. I was thinking about the 068 grind. I have 4x heads and 9.5 to 1 compression. Would like your opinion. Thanks>