Conversation Between 7t8ta and Bhbradley
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. 7t8ta
    02-13-2014 06:15 PM
    7t8ta
    Hi Burt,
    Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how I make out. Just saw your post with the leak, my 13 year old son is restoring a 67 GTO and the firewall had to be cut out we used a donor lemans for it. The car sat in a chicken coop for nearly 20 years with a hole in the roof causing water to sit right at the window/firewall. I'm trying to figure out how to send you a picture of it. My cousin Ray is doing the hard body work for us he's on the forum under 62hotcat he's located in NJ Tomriver area. A bit out of your way, but he is very good if you need anything.
    Thanks again and I'll let you know how the engine goes. John
  2. 7t8ta
    02-11-2014 11:05 AM
    7t8ta
    Thanks for getting back to me. Good luck with the new job! I ordered from Len & he's building it now. I can't wait to get it. It's been a while I forget which engine did you go with? I went with 455 with the Eagle upgrade. If you have a minute I have a couple of questions for you.
    Did Len advise you on what intake and carb combo you should use? Or did you go with your own thoughts on it? He said I should use the Edelbrock Performer with a Holley 800+ carb. I keep reading on the Forum that I should use the RPM but he said doesn't make a difference. And what type of exhaust did you go with? Headers or manifolds?
    I appreciate any help or thoughts you can give me.
    Thanks, John
  3. Bhbradley
    02-05-2014 09:39 PM
    Bhbradley
    Sorry I am so late in getting back to you. I just re located and started a new job. I did get the engine from len Williams and I am very happy. Motor pulls strong. I have about 1500 miles so far and no issues. I would get another
  4. 7t8ta
    01-01-2014 11:33 PM
    7t8ta
    Hi,
    Just wondering if you ever got the engine from Len Williams? I just ordered on for my 78' TA project and was wondering if you did get one how is it doing. How is the power and did I make the right choice?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John