Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. gtofreek
    03-15-2015 08:40 PM
    gtofreek
    Still nothing?
  2. gtofreek
    03-15-2015 02:32 PM
    gtofreek
    Just resent it so we will see if it goes through.
  3. gtofreek
    03-15-2015 02:24 PM
    gtofreek
    Hey, have you received any of the PM's I sent you? One last Wednesday, and one today. Not sure if the PM system is working.
  4. devauxmidwest
    03-02-2015 06:18 AM
    devauxmidwest
    Paul,
    Thanks for the responses that you've given so far on the potential build for my 67 GP 400.
    I'd like to get the Q-jet intake that you've got. Let me know how you prefer payment.
    I started reading about carbs and it seems that the Q-jets that were being replaced with Holleys in the 70s are now sought after. I've read Cliff Ruggle's comments that his shop doesn't want to deal with the poorer shelf rebuilts anymore. Not sure what to look for and what to avoid when considering a good candidate carb to get. I'll wait for your guidance on what to look for.
    Again, what I've got is a stock 1967 400, 4 barrel non-Q-Jet intake, 670 heads, TH400 with a variable pitch torque converter with a high stall of 2400 rpm, 3.08 posi rear end, and 28" tall tires. I'd like to keep the transmission and rear end the way they are now.
    The car has vacuum operated headlights and power brakes.
    I have no idea where to begin to start on coming up with a recipe for a build. I'd like the engine to be and look as factory looking as possible. I'd like to use the 670 heads on the build.

Let me know what you think when you get a chance to consider this. And thanks again for your input so far.
    Rick DeVaux
    devauxmidwest@comcast.net