Conversation Between wh33lman and Cliff R
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Cliff R
    03-29-2017 09:23 AM
    Cliff R
    For the 3.08 gears and mostly street use I'd recommend a 13" unit. The 9.5" units are still really tight, and allow more room to grow if you start racing the car more. My email is:

cliffshp@embarqmail.com or call the shop at 740-397-2921 and we can discuss it in more detail and make a selection....tks...Cliff
  2. wh33lman
    03-27-2017 10:32 AM
    wh33lman
    Hi Cliff,
    You did my 800cfm carb for me several years ago...it still performs great.
    You probably will not remember me, but I dropped off my carb on my way to Florida for Christmas, and picked it up the following year.
    What you may remember is when your dog came over to greet my wife, with what she thought was a bone in it's mouth, but turned out to be a deer's leg.
    Still chuckling over that look on her face.

Anyways, I am looking for a torque converter to sit behind my 462. It has 87 cc E-Headed O-ports, 10.8:1 compression, (domed venolia pistons), gasket matched '70 cast iron intake, 800 cfm q-jet, and 3:08 gears.
    I am putting in a crower 60919 cam and Rhoads 9518XL lifters.
    I read that you are now a vendor for TSP torque converters.
    I am looking for good street manners and something that is tight for the highway, but will work well for the track, whenever I get there.
    What do you recommend ?