Conversation Between TOP 452 and BruceWilkie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. BruceWilkie
    12-14-2008 07:55 PM
    BruceWilkie
    Replied via email. without other timing points (seat and .200) its a shot in the dark. .050 numbers only shows power avg 0.2 hp more from 6000- 8000rpm. Those other timings could wash it in either direction. Likely what little bottom you gain wont offset loss on top unless you plan on trapping lower rpm than we discussed. Again to be fair lets compare seat, .050 and .200, as using just one duration range is extremely inaccurate. Again Bullet approved lobes for rpm we discussed AND 1.9 rockers. I chose lobes from various companies that in my opinion best fit the application vs just trying to find a max number. Lobes I picked are intended for very high rpm OR high ratio rockers. I called Bullet to make sure I was in rpm range(trap 7800) with hi rocker ratio.
    You and your builder have final ultimate decision and I am doing this with no $$ influencing me.
    I get no kickback from Bullet Erson or Comp. If demand continues however I may start selling spec cams and support my beer and coffee fund I want your cam to be right cause my name is involved.
    Having been in service industry over 30 years I never did like having to make a salesmans promise come true if that salesman never discussed the application with me beforehand.