Showing results 1 to 25 of 309
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: JLMounce
Forum: Suspension TECH Yesterday, 10:48 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 279
Posted By JLMounce
Car looks great. Wrong tire size and wheel...

Car looks great. Wrong tire size and wheel offset though. Running a stiffer spring may help, but probably not as much as you'd think. You'd have to get pretty stiff and you'd notice it everywhere....
Forum: Suspension TECH 04-23-2024, 01:25 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 355
Posted By JLMounce
If your ride height is altered at all, get the...

If your ride height is altered at all, get the adjustable uppers. I battled this with my wife's old Chevelle. It had been lowered fairly significantly in the back and the previous builder sectioned...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-23-2024, 12:25 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 1,164
Posted By JLMounce
Check your factory heater core inlet. Some of...

Check your factory heater core inlet. Some of these are designed as a flow restriction to begin with. If the inlet nipple is dimpled, this creates the flow restriction to stop the wall of fluid to...
Forum: Suspension TECH 04-23-2024, 10:06 AM
Views: 355
Posted By JLMounce
The Global West pieces use a mix of spherical...

The Global West pieces use a mix of spherical joints and del-a-lum or rubber bushings.

In a converging four link like that of the OP's 1986 GTO, the rear end must be able to articulate. Poly...
Forum: Suspension TECH 04-16-2024, 05:26 PM
Views: 420
Posted By JLMounce
I think if it's just one leaf out of the pack,...

I think if it's just one leaf out of the pack, and especially one of the middle leafs, I'd certainly see if it can be salved. That may be the best case.

It is somewhat common. When I replaced...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-12-2024, 04:12 PM
Replies: 67
Views: 2,581
Posted By JLMounce
Had some time this afternoon to play around with...

Had some time this afternoon to play around with the car after doing some work on it late last weekend and this week.

I replaced the fuel pump along with a complete rebuild, including new gaskets,...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-10-2024, 03:44 PM
Replies: 66
Views: 2,040
Posted By JLMounce
This is a good idea. Depending on the amount...

This is a good idea.

Depending on the amount of Serviceability the OP needs with this, I would consider adding the regulator where the subframe crossover rubber hose would be, then either running...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-07-2024, 11:11 AM
Posted By JLMounce
FiTech will log, but only its own sensors. You...

FiTech will log, but only its own sensors. You can’t log anything external with it. So no way for me to log fuel pressure unfortunately.
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-05-2024, 09:30 PM
Posted By JLMounce
Replaced the regulator this week and I had a bit...

Replaced the regulator this week and I had a bit of time to do some test driving.

The regulator that came out of the FiTech showed no signs of issues. There wasn't a single piece of debris on the...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-05-2024, 01:39 PM
Replies: 59
Views: 2,287
Posted By JLMounce
Considering you had 12 years on this, I don't...

Considering you had 12 years on this, I don't know that I'd necessarily say it was unreliable. I think in a street/strip modified hotrod playground like this, we have to have realistic expectations....
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-03-2024, 02:16 PM
Posted By JLMounce
Correct, all FiTech's with exception of the...

Correct, all FiTech's with exception of the Classic series with divorced ECU's have internal regulators. 4 bar for the Go EFI and Power Adder models and 3 bar for Mean Street and Go Street models.
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-03-2024, 10:42 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 1,068
Posted By JLMounce
If the car is being autocrossed, I would...

If the car is being autocrossed, I would absolutely go with the 4" stroke. You'll be able to manage off corner acceleration a bit easier without the grunt the added stroke is going to give you at...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-30-2024, 07:42 PM
Posted By JLMounce
I spent the day working on the car and doing some...

I spent the day working on the car and doing some testing. I wish I had a complete log but for some reason the log function in the procal software or on my handheld is not functioning. Might be...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-25-2024, 10:13 PM
Posted By JLMounce
Yes, I've verified all injectors are functioning....

Yes, I've verified all injectors are functioning. No injector fault codes either.
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-24-2024, 01:13 PM
Posted By JLMounce
Fuel in the tank is 2 weeks old. I'm going to...

Fuel in the tank is 2 weeks old. I'm going to check that the adjustable rotor has not moved when I check the timing system in general.

I do want to reiterate, this engine has functioned without...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-22-2024, 04:44 PM
Replies: 66
Views: 2,040
Posted By JLMounce
Agreed with OCM and Formula that the way to do...

Agreed with OCM and Formula that the way to do this right and once is to go with the Tanks Inc setup.

The first gen F-body tank is a nice piece that looks factory. Don't skim on the fuel sending...
Forum: THE LOBBY 03-20-2024, 11:43 AM
Replies: 452
Views: 32,372
Posted By JLMounce
Figured I'd share a couple of the images I...

Figured I'd share a couple of the images I received back from the BCForged photo shoot. These came out incredible.

Forum: THE LOBBY 03-17-2024, 10:49 PM
Replies: 452
Views: 32,372
Posted By JLMounce
This weekend I was busy and the weather put a...

This weekend I was busy and the weather put a bunch of salt on the roads late last week. However last weekend I did a photoshoot for BCForged. Was pleasantly surprised to see that some of the shots...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-07-2024, 05:58 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 479
Posted By JLMounce
If you need peace of mind, measure the thickness...

If you need peace of mind, measure the thickness of your cam retaining plate and order a plate with a thickness that will get you closer to the spec you want to see.

That said, my roller cam is...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-06-2024, 02:01 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 861
Posted By JLMounce
The two calipers listed here are structurally the...

The two calipers listed here are structurally the same size. One version has 1.25" dual pistons and the other uses 2" dual pistons.

If you are using these as replacements for the stock caliper...
Forum: THE LOBBY 02-26-2024, 11:57 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 1,732
Posted By JLMounce
I believe that MOST of the seller pages that pop...

I believe that MOST of the seller pages that pop up on instagram specifically are not to be trusted. If you deal with them, make stupid requests to verify they actually have the parts. Things like...
Forum: Suspension TECH 02-22-2024, 11:43 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 649
Posted By JLMounce
I understand the desire to keep the look of the...

I understand the desire to keep the look of the small wheels and large sidewall tires. But to your point, if that is your aim, you have to realize that spending a bunch of money on suspension and...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-22-2024, 10:23 AM
Replies: 78
Views: 6,948
Posted By JLMounce
The adjustable links that come on the arms don't...

The adjustable links that come on the arms don't pose any mechanical issues, but the heim joints used in them are typically quite loose and are noisy while you drive the car.

You may wish to use...
Forum: Suspension TECH 02-21-2024, 02:59 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 649
Posted By JLMounce
I've seen D154 pads with both a clip that fastens...

I've seen D154 pads with both a clip that fastens into the single piston as well as without. There are usually two tangs on the top that overhang the caliper body to center it.
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-20-2024, 05:29 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 3,722
Posted By JLMounce
Not an apples to apples comparison. I don't know...

Not an apples to apples comparison. I don't know when the calculated Octane Rating changed, but in the muscle car heydays, octane was calculated as RON. Our fuels now are calculated by the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 309