Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: 55Wagon
Forum: 60 & Older Pontiac TECH 08-02-2023, 08:14 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 976
Posted By b-man
Isky Cams used to carry some screw-in studs to...

Isky Cams used to carry some screw-in studs to convert early Pontiac heads.

You could always call them to see if they still have something that will be compatible with your heads. I had one...
Forum: 60 & Older Pontiac TECH 08-02-2023, 08:10 PM
Posted By Bill Hanlon
Are you planning to push the studs on the L/H...

Are you planning to push the studs on the L/H head back to "normal" height? Are there any that are too high and have not been pinned? Do you plan to re-pin those that had pins?

Stud R&R routine...
Forum: 60 & Older Pontiac TECH 07-29-2023, 12:59 AM
Posted By Jack Gifford
I doubt I can be of much help. But I do know that...

I doubt I can be of much help. But I do know that pinning of stock studs was quite common with early Pontiac V8s. The pins were hardened dowel pins, not roll pins. The drillings for the pins only...
Forum: 60 & Older Pontiac TECH 07-28-2023, 11:53 PM
Posted By Bill Hanlon
I'm guessing that the rocker arm with the washer...

I'm guessing that the rocker arm with the washer has pulled partially out of the hole. Laying a straight edge across the top of all the studs should show you which ones have pulled out part of the...
Forum: 60 & Older Pontiac TECH 07-28-2023, 03:08 PM
Posted By Bill Hanlon
Pinning press-in studs was a popular "fix" for...

Pinning press-in studs was a popular "fix" for early Chevy V8 engines. You can still buy kits to do this from people like Summit. Given Pontiac's through the stud oiling I'd think it would be less...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5