Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: dataway
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 515
Posted By Trulyvintage
Lightbulb You have your answer in your question. Go shop...

You have your answer in your question.
Go shop online.

Personally - I value human relationships.

I have had the same independent
insurance agency for longer than
I can remember.

Jim
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 06:10 PM
Posted By Rachelsdad
As has been intimated here but not stated...

As has been intimated here but not stated explicitly, there is a difference between an agent and a broker.

An agent is an agent for a particular company. While you may find an agent who is...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 04:50 PM
Replies: 37
Views: 1,230
Posted By Dragncar
So a few years ago some guy went on a stabbing...

So a few years ago some guy went on a stabbing spree in some businesses. Randomly walking into insurance offices ect and knifing people. It was in a city down south where a niece of mine lived and...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 12:29 PM
Posted By sdbob
My father did work for local Erie agent. So when...

My father did work for local Erie agent. So when I needed car insurance I went Erie. When the wife and I bought a house in Latrobe it was the Erie agents father and mothers home. It had insulbrick on...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Posted By Cardo
Find a insurance broker that carries multiple...

Find a insurance broker that carries multiple lines in your new locale in Tenn. They'll shop for you and find you the best deal.
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 12:08 PM
Posted By unruhjonny
it is easy to be cynical for sure. but car...

it is easy to be cynical for sure.

but car insurance is a catch-22;
You can't legally be driving without it, and when you need it, you really NEED it.

You can downgrade to PLPD - which only...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 11:49 AM
Posted By KS circutguy
Insurance is the biggest scam going. They are...

Insurance is the biggest scam going.
They are virtually all the same .
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 10:57 AM
Posted By mgarblik
Consumer Reports, FWIW, says the exact same...

Consumer Reports, FWIW, says the exact same thing. It's a "fools game" to stay with the same insurer year after year. We like to think 20-30 years of dedication to a company builds "customer...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 10:44 AM
Posted By unruhjonny
Once in a while my wife will shop around; ...

Once in a while my wife will shop around;
Generally going to a broker will yield the best options.

I would recommend finding a broker - their whole job is to get insurance companies business.
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 10:25 AM
Posted By dhcarguy
I do the same thing. I've had an agent now for 40...

I do the same thing. I've had an agent now for 40 years. first his father, now his son. He always calls me about every 3 years after he finds better deals for us.
He deals with a lot of companies...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Posted By 78w72
I had geico for many years, they do house...

I had geico for many years, they do house insurance too, they let you do all policies & changes online which is nice, but they arent the cheapest.

I now have american family for home & car...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 08:37 AM
Posted By mgarblik
After over 30 years with Motorist Insurance for...

After over 30 years with Motorist Insurance for Life, Home and cars, I cancelled all my policies and switched to Erie Insurance about 8-10 years ago. This was after 2 denied claims in a few years. ...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 08:24 AM
Posted By Skidmark
Funny this comes up after I cancelled my state...

Funny this comes up after I cancelled my state farm insurance after 38 yrs of being a customer. My issue was that they raised my car insurance twice in the last 12 months. I had 3 cars insured, but...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 08:00 AM
Posted By chiefbigb
It applies to more than a welding situation. My...

It applies to more than a welding situation. My old work shop was 20 by 24. Insulated and dry wall throughout. I could heat it with a wick type kerosene heater. Putting a engine together I was...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 07:15 AM
Posted By salem1912
I had Allstate for 40 some years was paying bout...

I had Allstate for 40 some years was paying bout $3400 a year for cars.( never a claim thank GOD) Was at AAA and got Travelers for $1875 and slightly better coverage. Shop around, you not "your...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 06:38 AM
Posted By TAKerry
Im not sure if they do homes as well but I have...

Im not sure if they do homes as well but I have Geico on my motorcycle. I dont even know where a geico office is? Everything done online, they renew automatically every year, I get an email and print...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 05:51 AM
Posted By tigergto
I shop my insurance around approximately every...

I shop my insurance around approximately every three years. I usually call agency’s that do business with multiple insurers. I like to pick up the phone and talk directly to an agent, instead of...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 05:30 AM
Posted By sdbob
I've had Erie since I was 16. They paid promptly...

I've had Erie since I was 16. They paid promptly claims. We use to get a rebate each year that was years ago though. When I was self employed I upped policy to commercial. My agent doesnt send me any...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-16-2024, 04:58 AM
Posted By Sirrotica
If you want to kill stink bugs, without the...

If you want to kill stink bugs, without the smell, or any insect, isopropyl works very well too. Stink bugs are hard to kill, but the isopropyl in a spray bottle works well for that. We use it in the...
Forum: 68-69 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH 04-15-2024, 11:38 PM
Replies: 109
Views: 7,251
Posted By Entropy11
I did this little spot tonight. I didn’t notice...

I did this little spot tonight. I didn’t notice I never ran my left trunk floor patch up high enough onto the back edge. Made a quick repair piece, welded it in, then blended the seam out. Maybe...
Forum: THE LOBBY 04-15-2024, 11:01 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 702
Posted By GtoFM
They say edible honey has been found in the...

They say edible honey has been found in the pyramids in Egypt. Bees have a very short lifespan and produce less than 1 teaspoon of honey! Honeybees are protected in Ohio.
Forum: THE LOBBY 04-15-2024, 10:51 PM
Posted By fyrffytr1
It was not a hive. The bees were swarming on the...

It was not a hive. The bees were swarming on the queen to keep her safe. They were gone the next day, looking for a permanent home.
Forum: The Body Shop TECH 04-14-2024, 12:10 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 158
Posted By gto4ben
When new, the factory installed 3 shims initially...

When new, the factory installed 3 shims initially and added or removed as needed. They must have used a gauge to determine the correct height. when I replaced my body and core support bushings. I...
Forum: THE LOBBY 04-14-2024, 12:06 PM
Posted By Sirrotica
Very nice pictures there FF, thanks for sharing. ...

Very nice pictures there FF, thanks for sharing.

From the little I know about honey bees, that's called bearding, and I only know a few basics because my wife is a bee keeper. I've seen it before...
Forum: 68-69 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH 04-14-2024, 11:55 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 360
Posted By Vol
Straightening an Endura

I did a lot of digging around to find out if there was some type of jig that helped get deformations out of an endura bumper. If you have a shop press it, with some tooling would be one way. I only...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500