Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: mgarblik
Forum: Pontiac - Race 03-17-2024, 03:37 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,278
Posted By mgarblik
I think if someone was really interested in...

I think if someone was really interested in buying it, they would need to have a conversation with the seller about all the particulars and the history of the crankshaft. If I remember right, the...
Forum: Pontiac - Race 03-15-2024, 09:19 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,278
Posted By mgarblik
That is a smoking deal for a Moldex billet...

That is a smoking deal for a Moldex billet crankshaft in today's market. Less than 1/2 price actually. I would strongly recommend 5 billet main caps and a very light rotating assembly if used in a...
Forum: 61-66 Big Pontiac TECH 03-12-2024, 06:17 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 943
Posted By mgarblik
Here are some pics of the carpet in my 62...

Here are some pics of the carpet in my 62 Catalina. Different position of the heel pad and accelerator pedal than either of the ones pictured. My heel pad ends parallel to the rubber on the...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-02-2024, 05:53 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 795
Posted By mgarblik
Yes, Pontiac says no shims required on manual...

Yes, Pontiac says no shims required on manual trans cars. but that was 60 years ago. So many lousy rebuilt starters, engines rebuilt multiple times, sometimes some are needed. The best way to...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-02-2024, 03:37 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 422
Posted By mgarblik
I still don't think you can tell much from the...

I still don't think you can tell much from the current pattern. You need more load on the unit to get a clean pattern. From the little I can see, you may be OK. The pattern will move back toward...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-02-2024, 12:07 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 586
Posted By mgarblik
You still have genius status compared to the...

You still have genius status compared to the stuff I see every week in the repair business, myself included, from time to time. Easy fix, no harm done. Can't get better than that.
Forum: THE LOBBY 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 408
Posted By mgarblik
My comment was based on the coverage story in...

My comment was based on the coverage story in Poncho Perfection Magazine, August 2023. The Super Duty article said Mike and Michael Huffman now own both Mac's 63 Grand Prix AND the SOHC engine that...
Forum: THE LOBBY 03-01-2024, 01:12 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 408
Posted By mgarblik
Great video for anyone who was never fortunate...

Great video for anyone who was never fortunate enough to talk to Mac in person. Mr. McKellar was very "matter of fact" about his roll at Pontiac. He certainly didn't boast about his many, many...
Forum: Pontiac - Race 02-26-2024, 09:55 AM
Replies: 353
Views: 52,447
Posted By mgarblik
Sounds nice. Very docile. Smooth idle. Has the...

Sounds nice. Very docile. Smooth idle. Has the look . Would love to see some NA numbers on this engine on the dyno. Run stand won't do that unfortunately.
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-25-2024, 10:40 AM
Replies: 28
Views: 1,049
Posted By mgarblik
The only aftermarket ignition system I have had...

The only aftermarket ignition system I have had noticeable improvement with is MSD 6 for a street driven vehicle. 100% reliable? Absolutely not. They can leave you stranded just like any other...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-24-2024, 02:58 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 808
Posted By mgarblik
Smile Yikes! That must be the manifold The Parts Place...

Yikes! That must be the manifold The Parts Place used to create their reproduction! I have to disagree some with B-man on that one though. As bad as that intake is I bet you would see an average...
Forum: 61-66 Big Pontiac TECH 02-24-2024, 11:32 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 419
Posted By mgarblik
Sirrotica probably has the most likely answer. ...

Sirrotica probably has the most likely answer. But a few things you can do to eliminate other items is: Items it can not be in your system. Master cylinder, power booster, flex hoses or hard...
Forum: Pontiac - Race 02-22-2024, 07:05 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 1,346
Posted By mgarblik
When FM moved all their bearing production to...

When FM moved all their bearing production to Mexico, the oil clearances were not as consistent as the older USA production. I like the design, 3/4 groove and thrust faces of the FM bearings...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-21-2024, 04:55 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 3,368
Posted By mgarblik
I think Mr. Fulper was a pretty darn good track...

I think Mr. Fulper was a pretty darn good track announcer and a pretty good guitar player. I did it!! I found 2 positive things to say about him.
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-21-2024, 09:56 AM
Replies: 41
Views: 3,368
Posted By mgarblik
As has been correctly stated here, detonation is...

As has been correctly stated here, detonation is complicated and no single statement will solve it and there is no magic number that will keep it from happening. Just bought my wife a new, "used...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-20-2024, 10:51 PM
Replies: 127
Views: 9,651
Posted By mgarblik
Back on track. A little more short block...

Back on track. A little more short block assembly today. In the pics you can see how I like to attach the oil pick-up. I have been TIG welding them with a silicon bronze rod for decades. No...
Forum: THE LOBBY 02-20-2024, 09:49 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 858
Posted By mgarblik
The recent death of his wife probably pushed his...

The recent death of his wife probably pushed his diminished capabilities beyond the point of return. His influence on rock and pop music will last forever. A tortured genius most of his life. My...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-20-2024, 12:37 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 613
Posted By mgarblik
If you want to avoid all the aggravation with the...

If you want to avoid all the aggravation with the rear oil pan seal, just use RTV. I place a 1/4"-3/8" bead on the rear cap, clean and dry. Let it set up for about 15-20 minutes, then carefully...
Forum: Pontiac - Race 02-19-2024, 12:31 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 622
Posted By mgarblik
I know I read somewhere but can't remember the...

I know I read somewhere but can't remember the source that a rope seal, once broken in has less drag than a rubber/viton seal. But that's certainly not the case when the rope is new. I have removed...
Forum: THE LOBBY 02-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 2,999
Posted By mgarblik
Just going to throw this out there. I fully...

Just going to throw this out there. I fully understand that everything is more and more expensive and print magazines are eventually going away. Heck a Big Mac that has 2 hamburger patties on it...
Forum: THE LOBBY 02-18-2024, 11:31 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 525
Posted By mgarblik
Does your Grand Prix have manual brakes or power...

Does your Grand Prix have manual brakes or power brakes? That makes a big difference in how the brakes "feel", even when working correctly.
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-16-2024, 11:29 PM
Replies: 127
Views: 9,651
Posted By mgarblik
Little build update. Finally had time to install...

Little build update. Finally had time to install and degree the camshaft. Then install the rings, pistons and connecting rods. A few specs. for the engine guys. Pistons measure -.005 to -.007" ...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-16-2024, 10:53 PM
Replies: 99
Views: 4,694
Posted By mgarblik
I am in Dayton, OH. Most of the parts come from...

I am in Dayton, OH. Most of the parts come from Columbus , OH or Indianapolis. Sometimes, KY. Like you said, the Gold filters have been gloss black for probably 5 years . These new, satin black...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-14-2024, 01:26 PM
Replies: 71
Views: 3,142
Posted By mgarblik
I think there is always a chance to learn new,...

I think there is always a chance to learn new, better, and different ways to do things. The key is to really verify the source of the information. Two quick examples. I have a student in class...
Forum: THE LOBBY 02-14-2024, 01:06 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 2,999
Posted By mgarblik
I really like Poncho Perfection and also want to...

I really like Poncho Perfection and also want to support Don Keefe. He is a good guy. But it's nearly impossible to get the magazine. I subscribed 2 times for 2 years at the Ames Performance...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500