Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Ram Air IV Jack
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-06-2024, 11:04 AM
Replies: 37
Views: 1,222
Posted By Ram Air IV Jack
People use brake clean because it removes just...

People use brake clean because it removes just about everything with an oil base, leaves no residue and dries very quickly. I've used this to clean clock works before oiling!!
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-14-2024, 12:42 PM
Replies: 81
Views: 4,267
True, but the internet is full of bilge, opinions...

True, but the internet is full of bilge, opinions from yahoo's, and generally about 75% to 80% inaccurate!! Cliff Ruggles speaks of this all the time and has seen many of his customers hornswoggled...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-13-2024, 01:53 PM
Replies: 81
Views: 4,267
Excellent points!!! STP is very slippery, and I...

Excellent points!!! STP is very slippery, and I remember the commercials years ago with Andy Granatelli. Impressive and we tried the screwdriver test ourselves and it worked like on TV. Used STP...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-06-2024, 12:22 PM
Replies: 57
Views: 3,100
Back in the 1980's we did this same thing. ...

Back in the 1980's we did this same thing. Removed an old cam and lifters out of a 70's Pontiac Safari Station wagon with a 400 that developed a miss due to a worn lobe. We went to Big A auto parts...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 01-25-2024, 12:33 PM
Replies: 76
Views: 4,132
There are too many recent failure stories with...

There are too many recent failure stories with flat tappet cams that you just can't ignore. I've seen this on cars owned by mechanics I personally know. Whether it is the chit overseas metal so...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 12-07-2023, 12:59 PM
Replies: 60
Views: 7,299
I read about everything Cliff posts! I learn a...

I read about everything Cliff posts! I learn a great deal from him and he rebuilt my RAIV Qjet years ago and it runs perfectly. In these days of constant bilge and BS on the internet, it's nice to...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 09-12-2023, 12:04 PM
Replies: 80
Views: 4,158
I used to think that too until I read my...

I used to think that too until I read my 69-service manual which says to raise the rearend up about 12 inches and you will drain most of the block. I've tried this and it worked great with no mess!
Forum: Pontiac - Street 07-26-2023, 12:34 PM
Replies: 42
Views: 3,309
You sound like you know Cliff, but I think that...

You sound like you know Cliff, but I think that is not true! I knew you were going to draw some ire with comments like this and it was fun to read them. Granted you are entitled to your opinion! ...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 07-25-2023, 01:27 PM
Replies: 42
Views: 3,309
Hey man, Cliff has talked about these Stage 2...

Hey man, Cliff has talked about these Stage 2 carbs for a long time, and most are what he claims, POS!! You may get a decent one out of many, but it is a crap shoot and more often than not, you will...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 07-17-2023, 04:46 PM
Replies: 69
Views: 4,759
When it comes to agreed/stated value, it normally...

When it comes to agreed/stated value, it normally makes a huge difference if you have a total loss. If a total loss occurs, you're at the mercy of some bozo adjuster's opinion on what your car is...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 07-17-2023, 10:58 AM
Not hard at all. If the policy is "stated value",...

Not hard at all. If the policy is "stated value", you get what the adjuster wants you to get. "Agreed value", you get what the value has been agreed to after a total loss. Most of the time a "stated...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 07-16-2023, 11:09 AM
I've had JC Taylor now for over 25 years! ...

I've had JC Taylor now for over 25 years! Excellent and I needed my windshield at one point replaced which is a properly date coded unit. They covered it without any issues. I pay about $1200 a...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 06-30-2023, 01:57 PM
Replies: 57
Views: 4,641
Where I work the AC Delco filters coming in now...

Where I work the AC Delco filters coming in now have Chinese writing on the box. Started about 2yrs or so ago. Before that, the Delco filters stated on the box "product of the USA". I guess we all...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 06-06-2023, 04:15 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,345
I think as soon as you get your feet wet in this...

I think as soon as you get your feet wet in this group, you will discover that the Pertronix system is nothing more than a piece of Chinese junk!!! Many here have talked about the failures with...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-18-2023, 11:47 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 1,534
Numerous small-engines--weed whackers, leaf...

Numerous small-engines--weed whackers, leaf blowers, etc. have had the fuel hoses harden and crack, and the same with primer bulbs on snow blowers. It happens so often that the hardware and "Home...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-14-2023, 05:20 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 1,883
Jerry Butler of Butler performance said they...

Jerry Butler of Butler performance said they experience about a 50% failure rate on flat tappet cams regardless of how much zinc is in the oil. Not good at all and it speaks volumes to the...
Forum: THE LOBBY 04-11-2023, 12:58 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 2,412
Here is a true story about a Jiffy Lube location...

Here is a true story about a Jiffy Lube location in the Chicago area I heard from a regional manager of that company. Years back, a high-end Mercedes drove into one of those locations because the...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-25-2023, 12:58 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 2,417
Cliff Ruggles is the Qjet expert and posts quite...

Cliff Ruggles is the Qjet expert and posts quite a bit here. Cliff wrote several books on the Qjet and knows them inside and out plus runs a parts business now for many carburetors. Cliff is the...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-16-2023, 01:04 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 2,885
Jerry of Butler Performance in a recent Smoke...

Jerry of Butler Performance in a recent Smoke Signals article claims they experience about a 50% failure in flat tappet cams regardless of the amount of zinc in the oil. Tells me most cams are made...
Forum: 68-69 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH 02-13-2023, 06:10 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,237
I lubricated my speedometer cable on my 69 just...

I lubricated my speedometer cable on my 69 just to be on the cautious side. I disconnected the cable behind the speedometer and pulled out the inner cable. Wiped it down with brake clean and...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 01-17-2023, 01:55 PM
Replies: 79
Views: 8,624
I've seen a lot of these Edelbrock AFB carbs on...

I've seen a lot of these Edelbrock AFB carbs on many cars for years now. I guess because they're cheap and readily available, many people have them regardless of the performance flaws!!!
Forum: 68-69 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH 12-19-2022, 12:48 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 5,974
Motor City Muscle Car and Inline Tube are the...

Motor City Muscle Car and Inline Tube are the same people. Owned by John Kryta and his brother. I've discussed my horrible dislike for these people earlier in this thread, so I won't rehash it. ...
Forum: 69-71 Judges only TECH 12-12-2022, 03:18 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 3,165
I know Chuck and met him years ago at a Pontiac...

I know Chuck and met him years ago at a Pontiac show. He is in his 80's now and my guess is he is selling off his collection. I spoke with him on the phone a few years ago when he wanted to buy my...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 10-05-2022, 01:43 PM
Replies: 40
Views: 4,104
Do not use an aluminum heater core!! Make sure...

Do not use an aluminum heater core!! Make sure you use a copper and brass unit. I replaced my heater core years back and the radiator shop people told me this. There has been discussion on PY about...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 09-20-2022, 11:45 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 2,146
I decided to rebuild the original disc brake mc...

I decided to rebuild the original disc brake mc on my 69 GTO several years ago. At that time, you could still buy the Delco rebuild kit. I honed out the mc and the bore looked great. Installed the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34