PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   69-71 Judges only TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=434)
-   -   !969 Judge 15,000 original mile car found! (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540784)

Ram4king 11-14-2007 07:20 PM

!969 Judge 15,000 original mile car found!

5 Attachment(s)
Not exactly a "Barn Find" but has been off the road in a garage since 1980!
Its a original paint Starlight Black Judge wiith Parchment interior! Ive heard of a few black interior cars but Only heard about 1 other parchment car. The interior in it is almost mint condition. The best part about it is that it has a dealer installed complete RAM IV engine in it!! Its been a race car since new. Tow Tabs and all.

69 RA GTO 11-14-2007 07:24 PM

So are you buying this awsome car???

Ram4king 11-14-2007 07:29 PM

Already in my possession. Ive posted a couple pics. It really need a paint job but is a good solid car.

1969 Ram Air 11-14-2007 07:32 PM

ramair4king - you find them all. Another guy with a golden horseshoe. Did you already install those blue lights?

Judge273 11-14-2007 07:51 PM

That is a nice Black Judge! Vintage pin stripes, and a race Judge too..Great find!

kaysersuzuki 11-14-2007 07:58 PM

you are 1 lucky sob lol

mmarx 11-14-2007 08:06 PM

Very nice black Judge...is there any dealer paperwork for the IV installation?

Mike

RA6T7GTO 11-14-2007 08:12 PM

very nice judge, i had a lead on a 69 but the deal fell threw,maybe one day i will find one

Baron Von Zeppelin 11-14-2007 09:13 PM

Goodness :oogle: Gracious

What an artifact. Man I'd never paint that Car no matter how far from perfect it is. Only Original ONE TIME. Tiny few left like that. Put the w/o molds and armrest back on and call it a done day.

Don, was it a non-radio car. Looks like add-on antenna in one pix.

Is that a copy of Billing History Card on the dash ?

You guys know Don has known about where most all the Killer Cars are. He probably "found" this one 20 years ago but just now bought it. lol

Saw one Ram3 Blk/Parch/White J.Vert survivor/project 4-5 years back on eBay. I think one member here had one/sold one/offered one 3-4 yrs ago Blk/Parch Hdtp Ram3 4spd unrestored project. StarBlack 69 Judges are few and far between with any interior color.

OVERULD 11-14-2007 09:23 PM

Nice find Don. Auto or 4-speed?

Ram4king 11-14-2007 10:01 PM

Thanks guys for all the positive responces!! To answer your questions;
I did install the Blue lights. I know I know what can I say I think it looks tough!
It has Old school ladder bars on it and tow tabs of course. I Wish I had the paperwork for the installation! Nobody ever seems to come up with any now that I think about it.I do not know for sure about the IV in it but Have owner history back to 1976 and the owner told me it was in it then.
Also the block is original 2506 SR block with a date code from 69. So I figure that means it came from over the counter instead from another car! 722's in place. Its definetly been raced from new because you guys have to see inside the trunk lid..Its loaded with a million class winner stickers and pit passes from new england dragway,new york and englishtown!! You can hardly see any of its black paint. Original spatter in the trunk too!
Im still trying to trace all of its history to see where to go with it.
Id like to but really dont think your going to save the paint. Its just to thin in alot of spots. Really dont like the pinstripes either. I did not know about it for 20 years but have been working on it for a while. Good eyes on the Billing order!! Thats it. Jim mattison said its kinda strange that only a few 69's come thru that way instead of a nomal 69 judge..Whats cool is that I have the engine unit number because of this.
The car is not a radio delete car but its quite the opposite. Options on it are Close ratio 4 speed, special order axel, "That could be another reason I believe someone had the IV installed when new since it already had the rest of the pkg!" Pwr steering,Brakes,Am-fm Reverb,Rally gauges Hood Tach,rear defog,door edge grds,console, and a few other options that I dont remember. Real 10-10 car with 257 interior built in april I think.

SWEETMUSCLE 11-14-2007 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There was a 1969 black and parchment ram air iv gto raced by Rod Kister in 1969. The car was from kramers in Nebraska . There is 6 black over parchment hardtops out there that I have counted . here is a picture of a parchment car in a junk yard I think . nice find

Baron Von Zeppelin 11-15-2007 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram4king
...loaded with a million class winner stickers and pit passes from new england dragway,new york and englishtown!! You can hardly see any of its black paint.

SOB !

Quote:

Good eyes on the Billing order...Whats cool is that I have the engine unit number because of this.
Thats the most deluxe form of documentation on a 69. I had a thread on the only other one (69 BillingHistoryCard) I have ever seen before. I don't think people thought it was real. Glad you have acquired one now too !

My curious question now is... IF you send in VIN to PHS now - will you get back a normal Dealer Invoice copy OR a Billing History Card copy from their look-up ?

Seems like it was mentioned to me that "only perhaps" the guys who acquired these BHC document copies on 69's were years ago before PHS public services. "perhaps" a lucky few who had asked the right person if they could acquire any factory documentation towards their special vehicle many years ago when both BHCard and D Invoice info was still on/in the files.

I don't like the pinstripes either. or the tires and wheels lol. It will probably be darker black under the stripes and still show a ghost but I'd erase them, still 50 times less noticeable. Will look better and leave some ghost patina too. ;)

At least wait and do some shows with it as-is. Another alternate to removing the stripes could be using the original trunklid/spoiler as a display preserving/showing all the Butt Stompin class win stickers. Paint substitute parts for trunklid/spoiler in lacquer and put them on as temporary substitutes - stripes now off of your Car. If you restore it - it just looks like a shiney non #s Ram3 car instead of a real live old Stone Cold Killer.

edit: Looked at pix again, forgot about pinstripes on Hood. Paint the pinstripes black or run black pinstripe tape over the ones on the Hood if they won't come off.

3goats 11-15-2007 01:29 AM

Nice car I must say.
I just picked up a garage find 69 black on black ramair 3 judge myself and it doesn't look anything like that. But it is very rust free, sitting since 1982.

Cool car you have ramair 4............

flyingn 11-15-2007 08:15 AM

way to go Don!!!! Love it... You DO manage to find em all man.... Why didn't you say anything about this beauty the other day on the phone??:drive:

68addict 11-15-2007 08:41 AM

Great find. That is a sweet survivor. Congratulations on the pick-up. Good luck with it.

gtojon 11-15-2007 09:12 AM

I have to chime in, please don't paint that car, it is way to nice for that!

SWEETJUDGE 11-15-2007 09:37 AM

MORE PIX

SWEETJUDGE 11-15-2007 09:40 AM

Incredible, can you shoot or post images of the tow tabs & the trunk. Man id leave it i think. i love the hurst jacket & judge gavel in package tray.

SWEETJUDGE 11-15-2007 09:49 AM

you just turned the light on for me. I just landed the deal on a 12K mile RA IV JUDGE factory race car. Ive had the tow tabs & tow bar since 86. I now know where its going.
Didnt even think of putting on the factory drag car but would be sooooo appropriate.
I also just purchsed original 1969 NHRA & SUPER STOCK Rule books.

SWEETJUDGE 11-15-2007 09:50 AM

whats in the background a YENKO chevelle & another GTO?

Ram4king 11-15-2007 11:30 AM

Nah Its just another old school custom painted ss396 and my other judge.

GTO JOHN 11-15-2007 12:50 PM

Congrats on a great car. I'd vote to keep it original at least for a bit. Very cool collection.

Uncle Judge 11-15-2007 01:45 PM

Nice piece! A Judge like that? How can you not like black Don ???:noidea:

jimmy daniel 11-15-2007 04:37 PM

O K and let's start the bidding......................

Ram4king 11-15-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Judge
Nice piece! A Judge like that? How can you not like black Don ???:noidea:

Ah! You remember Jeff. If I had it my way it would be crystal turq as Im really not a fan of Black Judges as you know. The parchment interior is cool thou...

bulletpruf 11-16-2007 02:25 AM

Awesome find! Congrats!

Scott

bulletpruf 11-16-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3goats
Nice car I must say.
I just picked up a garage find 69 black on black ramair 3 judge myself and it doesn't look anything like that. But it is very rust free, sitting since 1982.

Cool car you have ramair 4............

3goats - why don't you start a new thread and tell us about your new find?

Scott

roundportponchos 11-16-2007 06:45 PM

judge

Great Judge,,, GLAD you found it.......

Bermuda Blue 11-16-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWEETJUDGE
you just turned the light on for me. I just landed the deal on a 12K mile RA IV JUDGE factory race car.

tell me more about this "factory race car"???!!!! i didnt think the divisions were issuing "race cars" after the SDs. but i could be wrong.

Silver Judge 11-16-2007 08:34 PM

This black Judge with parchment interior is extremely cool, nice find Ram4King.
You ARE the king of RAIV cars :usa2:

Baron Von Zeppelin 11-16-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bermuda Blue
tell me more about this "factory race car"???!!!! i didnt think the divisions were issuing "race cars" after the SDs. but i could be wrong.

SweetJ gets so excited sometimes he types backwards or sideways. He gottem' a factory RamIV Csl Red Judge, that was a Race car. The 5 Brothers Judge race team was probably in all but certain terms - Pontiac provided. But you can't tell on them, too late now.

Ram4King : sent you a PM on some wheels the other day. Just wonder if you got it.

3goats 11-17-2007 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulletpruf
3goats - why don't you start a new thread and tell us about your new find?

Scott

ok I'll do that. It is black on black now but has 72 72 code. I'll explain in a different thread. I saw this thread and cars look identical. I saw ram4king's car and it just blew me away. Nice ride.

SWEETJUDGE 11-17-2007 08:38 AM

MORE PIX PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Ram4king 11-17-2007 06:41 PM

Threw is in a corner for now Sweet. When I start to work on it I will gladly post more pics!! Got a few more cars to work on before I get to it to be honest.
Baron I will check my pms now.

Ram4king 11-27-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy daniel
O K and let's start the bidding......................

I may trade it for a 70-71 judge! Anyone?
Baron I did get your message.. Let me think on that.. Thanks for the offer.

SWEETJUDGE 11-28-2007 09:22 AM

pix of the trunk before you sell please.....
do you have any race images or documentation on the car? Im trying to figure whats correct for a 69 super stock car

gregsgtos2 12-21-2007 02:20 AM

sweet,it looks pretty good here,at my house.

SWEETJUDGE 12-21-2007 09:07 AM

you gottit GREG????????? PIX please

Ram4king 12-21-2007 10:08 AM

Yes he has it Sweet!! Greg was very fair to me and had a car that I wanted so we did a deal...I did get some more pics that i will post later for you. It was sad to see it go but i have more and I replaced it with a couple other cool cars...
I think I want to get a 70 Judge now...I go back and forth with 69's and 70's.
Never can be satisfied!

allmycarsrjunk 12-22-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram4king
Yes he has it Sweet!! Greg was very fair to me and had a car that I wanted so we did a deal...I did get some more pics that i will post later for you. It was sad to see it go but i have more and I replaced it with a couple other cool cars...
I think I want to get a 70 Judge now...I go back and forth with 69's and 70's.
Never can be satisfied!

Don, I'd tell you to join the club, but your already a charter member!

SWEETJUDGE 12-22-2007 11:05 AM

DAMN..........keep me in the loop

Greg ADOPTION PAPERS on there way!!!!!!

Ram4king 12-22-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allmycarsrjunk
Don, I'd tell you to join the club, but your already a charter member!

I hear ya John. merry Christmas!

fred421 12-22-2007 01:05 PM

Don, Very nice Judge! Hope all is well with you and your family.
Merry Christmas!

Ram4king 12-22-2007 01:41 PM

Yes My kid is 14 now and getting big. How bout you? Do you still have the 68? Sometimes I go back and look at my old pics and wish I still had that car.
Merry Christmas to you and your family also........

fred421 12-22-2007 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
14, wow time flys, yes I still have the 68 conv. Did some work on her.getting the itch to trade her for a 69 Judge.

Ram4king 12-22-2007 07:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thats a cool pic!!! forgoy about that one...Thanks
Heres what he looks like now...And your right TIME FLYS!
The 3rd pic is him from 1996.

fred421 12-22-2007 08:16 PM

good looking kid you have there.

Uncle Judge 12-23-2007 06:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
How about these? We are all getting old TOO quickly!

Ram4king 12-23-2007 10:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yeah Jeff your right! I better not show him the one next to the 74 goat. I think he definetly lost his baby weight!! LOL If that pic got out to the girls in his school all hell might break loose. These are the last pics of my son. OK WE NOW TAKE YOU BACK TO YOUR TELEVISION STATION