PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   69-71 Judges only TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=434)
-   -   $20000.00 Judge (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446833)

gtogeogolf 01-31-2005 05:02 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Wow. Love the possibilities! Good luck on whoever got it. Too scary for me.

gtogeogolf 01-31-2005 05:02 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Wow. Love the possibilities! Good luck on whoever got it. Too scary for me.

PonchoV8 01-31-2005 06:41 PM

How long was it available? It's been bought.

Red Goat 01-31-2005 08:22 PM

WOW http://forums.performanceyears.com/g...s/icon_eek.gif

SWEETMUSCLE 01-31-2005 09:29 PM

It was a true ram air iv matching # car special ordered with 433 rear end and power flow vent ,rear defog - It was a pontiac company car-----heavy optioned ram air iv judge

68GTOConv 01-31-2005 11:16 PM

I would have passed! Way too much work there ... not enough MGD in the world to make me take that project on :-)

Mike M

Ron Landis 02-01-2005 12:02 AM

How many believe that this car will not receive a frame and body swap? How many believe in the Tooth Fairy?

gtogeogolf 02-01-2005 04:22 AM

Lets see. $20000.00 Car. Basically replace every part on it. Pretty Much, $20000.00 for the matching number drivetrain & Trim Tag.

Who knows what it would be worth restored in 3-4 years - if it ever happens.

yes, im sentimental, & Love to see originals restored........... but thats a handful !

PonchoV8 02-01-2005 06:13 AM

Yes it is worth it now. Yes it will be a swap job. But, it'll be worth triple that for a driver restoration in a yr. Quadruple in no time.

justgoats 02-01-2005 10:33 AM

I just sold my 1970 RAIV Judge that was PHS documented with original build sheet and SR block for 81k so this car should be worth at least that much when it is done.

judgeragtop 02-01-2005 01:06 PM

justgoats,

Just curious what wwere the colors and condition of the the RAIV you just sold?

Mike

rolling money pits 02-02-2005 12:15 PM

mercy, that was U G L Y!

where i get skeptical is the mention of the 455. no 455 equipped GTOs in 1970 had ram air, judge or otherwise, and i do not believe they could be ordered with anything steeper than a 3.23 rear.

that being said, if it DOES have a 455, then that looks like a 20K rusty heap.

notice the name of the winning bidder?

also, that thing was only on line, for auction, for 16 minutes. ???

gtogeogolf 02-02-2005 12:31 PM

Looks like it was listed once. Then taken off- relisted with More info. It really did look like the guy didnt know what it was.

In the right situation---if someone already had a 1970 4 speed Body that was pretty mint....and The skills... 20K for that drivetrain and dataplate and vin were a bargain.

PonchoV8 02-02-2005 02:26 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by costs too much:
mercy, that was U G L Y!

where i get skeptical is the mention of the 455. no 455 equipped GTOs in 1970 had ram air, judge or otherwise, and I do not believe they could be ordered with anything steeper than a 3.23 rear.

that being said, if it DOES have a 455, then that looks like a 20K rusty heap.

notice the name of the winning bidder?

also, that thing was only on line, for auction, for 16 minutes. ??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All Judges were Ram Air--455 too. I feel confident it was a RA IV. The only thing I find plausible is if this was a real auction or not. I don't have any reason to believe it isn't. I'm a believer though.

justgoats, how nice was you car? I would think a very high point/high option car would command the 80K range.

gtodave1 02-02-2005 05:54 PM

That was a real auction, and the guy didn't know how much the car was worth at first, it came up on Sat and I bid it up to $6000 (I would have gone much higher) and e-mailed the gut to ask if it was WW or XP on the engine code and to tell him it probably was an original RAIV Judge and to ask how much he wanted to sell it. He said he wanted to let the auction run, but the next day he sold it with a buy-it-now, this had to be an arranged deal with the buyer to arrange the sale through e-bay because when you put an auction up, it doesn't appear right away, usually takes 2 hours. The car was a good value at $20000. Also, there were 455 Ram Air GTO's and Judges and Air conditioned Judges came standard with 3.23 but non AC cars came with 3.55 and could be ordered with 3.90 and 4.33. I had a 69 RAIV Judge with 3.90 posi rear, and a 70 AC Judge with 3.23. I have owned Goats and Judges for 27 years.

SWEETMUSCLE 02-02-2005 07:30 PM

i have the phs on the car I will post it-----ram air iv judge corp.car

justgoats 02-02-2005 07:59 PM

The RAIV Judge I sold last weekend was Palisade Green/black interior/4spd/3:90/pass through ventilation/AM/rear defroster. I found some NOS comfortweave material and redid the inserts on the passenger seat. Other than that, the interior was original and very nice. Also had a wood wheel. The car ran in the Copperstate 1000 last April. It originally came with a black vinyl roof which I did not put back on. The body alignment was just about as good as it gets. It was/is a very nice car.

rolling money pits 02-02-2005 08:01 PM

ive never read anything, anywhere, that indicates the 455s in 1970 had ram air.

what i have read is how they couldnt have been ordered with ram air. i do recall reading something a while back that referred to them as the "highway brawlers", this due to the limited rear end ratios. there was a reason as to why ram air wasnt offered on the 455s, but ill be doggoned if i can recall what it was.

what i was getting at, based on the above being true, somebody paid $20K for a rusty as all get out, non-numbers matching, judge body.

also, according to the auction, how could the guy get the code by the #8 cylinder(???), yet have trouble with the stamping on the passenger side front? dont take much to get at that, a can of gum cutter, toothbrush, and a paper towel.

mailtruck 02-02-2005 08:23 PM

Well I guess I'LL put my 2cents in

This was my car that auctioned off.
I could have pulled it off Ebay and sold it. But I wanted to keep in good standing with ebay so I pulled it off the and relisted it with a buy it now opition. I received well over 200 emails some begging me to sell it out of auction. Most of the same cry babies that have been emailing me nasty emails and leaving lovely phone messages.
This message is to all the cry babies that have been emailing me for the last 2 days. I'm sure the car was worth more then 20K but the guy I sold it to is a class A guy. And I'm glad ghe got it. Over all you cry baby punks (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!) Well I'm done venting now....
By the way IT IS a numbers matching car it does have a 400 ram air IV
and it only has 36000 miles on it. So Dave have fun with the car and now that this car payed for 3 years of private school for my kids.

Thanks

R 70 Judge 02-02-2005 08:39 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mailtruck:
Well I guess I'LL put my 2cents in

This was my car that auctioned off.
I could have pulled it off Ebay and sold it. But I wanted to keep in good standing with ebay so I pulled it off the and relisted it with a buy it now opition. I received well over 200 emails some begging me to sell it out of auction. Most of the same cry babies that have been emailing me nasty emails and leaving lovely phone messages.
This message is to all the cry babies that have been emailing me for the last 2 days. I'm sure the car was worth more then 20K but the guy I sold it to is a class A guy. And I'm glad ghe got it. Over all you cry baby punks (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!) Well I'm done venting now....
By the way IT IS a numbers matching car it does have a 400 ram air IV
and it only has 36000 miles on it. So Dave have fun with the car and now that this car payed for 3 years of private school for my kids.

Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear about all of the harassing phone calls and nasty emails. That really sucks.