PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   67-69 Firebird TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=432)
-   -   69 FIREBIRD RA4 FIRST DAYLIGHT IN 32 YEARS (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855121)

muscle_collector 12-07-2021 11:57 PM

69 FIREBIRD RA4 FIRST DAYLIGHT IN 32 YEARS

2 Attachment(s)
32 years ago i put my ra4 bird in storage and today i pulled it out. funny the first picture was taken when i stopped by my parents house on the way to the warehouse and my dad took some pics. today on the way down there my mom called and wanted me to come by and get some things so i stopped by and decided to recreate the first picture just 32 years later. sadly the only thing that really aged is me.

unruhjonny 12-08-2021 12:27 AM

what I find sad, is just how quick a decade can pass...

Is that a factory Carousel Red car?
That's pretty freaking cool!

johnta1 12-08-2021 07:36 AM

Cool!

What's the plan for the car now?

:)

Brewster 12-08-2021 07:58 AM

Nice, oh and the trailer looks older too ;)
Keep posting and more pictures.

Gary H 12-08-2021 08:45 AM

Wow! Extremely rare bird. What's the story on it?

OCMDGTO 12-08-2021 08:45 AM

Beautiful car! Why aren't you driving it?

74SDformula 12-08-2021 10:05 AM

Thanks for sharing the photos. Fantastic car!

77 Canamman 12-08-2021 03:53 PM

The now pic shows a couple of crossover SUV's. Would be nice if they ceased to exist!

694.1 12-08-2021 06:39 PM

Glad to see that you have come to your senses :)

Baron Von Zeppelin 12-08-2021 08:04 PM

WoW
really cool to set up that re-enactment , and share it with us on here.
Thanks MC !

While we all wait for more details and possibly more pictures,,,
Can tell you guys what little I can remember about it -
4spd Car, All Original intact low mileage survivor, purchased from original owner

Years ago there were questions about no trim rings on wheels , I don't remember the answer for that small discrepancy .
Seems like MC examined the wheels and showed no signs of ever having them installed. iirc

time capsule in a nut shell

BUT , past trends have been that these cars usually only get moved when someone else is about to write him a Big Check.
Is Santa coming to town ? :D

necdb3 12-08-2021 08:40 PM

Very Cool! Not everyday you get to see a RAMIV bird.

thews 12-08-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin (Post 6301017)

BUT , past trends have been that these cars usually only get moved when someone else is about to write him a Big Check.

Outside of ordering a Trans AM, if you could pick a car's options that would be it. It's probably worth more than a Trans AM, so if Santa is coming to town he's gonna need a bigger sleigh. Please send us some pics of the underside of the hood and the engine.

keith k 12-08-2021 10:53 PM

Cool stuff!

1969 Ram Air 12-09-2021 04:23 PM

One of the coolest Firebirds ever built. Hopefully it has a four speed.

muscle_collector 12-09-2021 08:46 PM

this car has trim rings, they are in the trunk. yes all original 4 speed, not selling, just needed to get it out of the way so i can get 5 other cars out that i sold.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin (Post 6301017)
WoW
really cool to set up that re-enactment , and share it with us on here.
Thanks MC !

While we all wait for more details and possibly more pictures,,,
Can tell you guys what little I can remember about it -
4spd Car, All Original intact low mileage survivor, purchased from original owner

Years ago there were questions about no trim rings on wheels , I don't remember the answer for that small discrepancy .
Seems like MC examined the wheels and showed no signs of ever having them installed. iirc

napster 12-10-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_collector (Post 6301298)
this car has trim rings, they are in the trunk. yes all original 4 speed, not selling, just needed to get it out of the way so i can get 5 other cars out that i sold.

That is one heck of a car. Don't sell it!!!

Your car reminds of a book I read sometime ago. It was written by Joe Oldham (RIP). It was titled "Confessions of a Muscle Car Test Driver". There was a chapter about one of the few RAIV Firebirds built. Oldham called up Jim Wangers and ordered the car for a long-term review. The car was run thru Royal Pontiac for the Bobcat treatment. If I'm correct I think the car was Carosel (SP) red like your car and it had parchmont interior and cordova top.

Oldham street raced the car during his test and blew everything away except for a 427 Corvette that took him down. In closing, Oldham commented it was one of the best memories he had from that time and one of the best cars he tested. Oldham called Wangers back and said he liked the car.

The book is a very good read.

Tellyshavilli 12-12-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napster (Post 6301458)
That is one heck of a car. Don't sell it!!!

Your car reminds of a book I read sometime ago. It was written by Joe Oldham (RIP). It was titled "Confessions of a Muscle Car Test Driver". There was a chapter about one of the few RAIV Firebirds built. Oldham called up Jim Wangers and ordered the car for a long-term review. The car was run thru Royal Pontiac for the Bobcat treatment. If I'm correct I think the car was Carosel (SP) red like your car and it had parchmont interior and cordova top.

Oldham street raced the car during his test and blew everything away except for a 427 Corvette that took him down. In closing, Oldham commented it was one of the best memories he had from that time and one of the best cars he tested. Oldham called Wangers back and said he liked the car.

The book is a very good read.

Still have the book ?

unruhjonny 12-12-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tellyshavilli (Post 6301888)
Still have the book ?

I believe this, and some other great books printed around that time are long out of print and demand pretty decent money;
If this book wasn't so good I'd consider selling!

you can try to look on abebooks.com and other book sellers

Edit: I found it for CHEAP!!
https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...%26sortby%3D17

egads - most copies are roughly 85x the cost of this one - snap it up!!!

napster 12-12-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tellyshavilli (Post 6301888)
Still have the book ?

No.

TedRamAirII 12-15-2021 09:02 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Car-Co.../dp/0760328315