PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Members Helping Members (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Help ID these 2 farm sale "treasures" (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855026)

justincampbell 12-03-2021 04:38 PM

Help ID these 2 farm sale "treasures"

3 Attachment(s)
I got a couple things in a box of stuff on a farm sale recently that I have not been able to ID. I'm hoping you guys can help.

The first one is driving me bananas because I'm sure I have seen it before. But, I can't for the life of me remember where or what it is. It is a cast iron bracket roughly 10" long that says "MODEL" on it.

I must've accidentally deleted or moved all but one picture of the other. It is a big wrench that is open end on one end and nothing on the other. I can't quite make out the name on it. Appears to say "Route" or "Roule".

Has anybody seen either of these before?

Thanks in advance.

justincampbell 12-03-2021 06:48 PM

Forgot to mention... the wrench I am trying to ID is big in both the size of the fastener it is intended for and the size of the wrench itself. It is about 26 1/2" in length

dataway 12-04-2021 02:43 AM

The two rectangular pieces look like some kind of blade clamp for a sickle bar or farm implement.

justincampbell 12-04-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dataway (Post 6299918)
The two rectangular pieces look like some kind of blade clamp for a sickle bar or farm implement.

FYI the first 2 pics are front and back of 1 piece.

"QUICK-SILVER" 12-04-2021 04:55 PM

Got any old fire hydrants to try the wrench on?

Clay

Stuart 12-04-2021 06:29 PM

Since they came from a farm sale, most likely the wrench is for some sort of large farm equipment.

justincampbell 12-04-2021 10:39 PM

With regard to the wrench. I guess I was mostly just hoping somebody recognized the name on it. I searched a fair bit and can't seem to find anything similar.

Stuart 12-05-2021 01:21 AM

I'd post the picture in the vintage tool section of the Garage Journal forum - there are some real experts on old tools and tool brands over there.

dataway 12-06-2021 03:52 AM

Wasn't there a tractor, or implement company called "Model" pronounced Moe-dell ?

justincampbell 12-06-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dataway (Post 6300384)
Wasn't there a tractor, or implement company called "Model" pronounced Moe-dell ?

It seems like I may have heard that before. I'll have to do some looking around.
Thanks

dataway 12-06-2021 01:34 PM

I did a pretty good search for "Model" and of course it's totally dominated by our modern use of the word.

I know I've seen those before, some kind of blade, disk or tine hold down clamp used on farm implements.

justincampbell 12-06-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dataway (Post 6300444)
I did a pretty good search for "Model" and of course it's totally dominated by our modern use of the word.

I know I've seen those before, some kind of blade, disk or tine hold down clamp used on farm implements.

I'm thinking it may well be a piece of a horse drawn implement.

dataway 12-07-2021 02:28 AM

The lumpy bits on one side engage with something, possibly under spring tension .. to make them semi self centering ... it's like a word on the tip of my tongue ... except it's a thing, not a word :)

chuckies76ta 12-10-2021 09:17 AM

The wrench was used to remove and tighten old wood spoke cart wheel nuts to the shaft.