PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   70-73 Firebird & TA TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Super Duty Forum: (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471844)

Brewster 12-15-2006 08:51 PM

Well that 1974 4-speed sd car ended early today. does anyone know what thats about?

165th, Hope she finds a good home and I do get to meet her. Good luck with the sale and I'll be watching.
Ho-Ho-Ho,
Brew

165th 12-17-2006 04:38 PM

Brew, it is done. She is officially available!

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=502925

Brewster 12-17-2006 06:21 PM

165th,
I think your to conservative on the price and after should be in the 150k-165k range. After seeing the last few cars go across the board and the cost to get a car to level 1 yours is a deal.
Good luck and at that price she should sell quick.
Ho-Ho-Ho,
Brewster

rwinkles 12-17-2006 11:41 PM

Beautiful car 165th - that's me sitting back behind it at the Woodward Cruise next to my dad's orange '71 Judge clone convertible (before we sold it). Wasn't your car owned by a fellow named Street here in the Detroit area back then? If so, that was a very nice car back then before all of your work! I wondered where it went, good luck with your sale.

Hey Brew, what's up with the new avatar? Did you fall down when you were taking the picture and not notice? Must be that SD disease thing....

How about that 69 RAIV T/A on Classical today! $695K, think he'll get it? I do!

Brewster 12-18-2006 07:43 AM

Hello Dick,
These cars are coming out of the wood work!
1 of 46 RA-IV 1969 Trans Am 4-speeds where made that year.
Its a Sweet Car (original paint,number matching), and I think your right he will sell the car at that price. Its to bad how he brings up the mopars since I feel with their cars and numbers of production dont compare.

The avatar photo is of the rare air dam that is only on the 73 SD not the 74 cars. Nah,nah,nah, not sure if it did much but it was original to the car so there it is.

165th,
Still think you to low in the price of that Brewster car and should bump it up another 25k.

165th 12-18-2006 08:59 AM

Dick, what a small world. Yes, that's the same car. Thank you for the compliment on the car. It is amazing how solid this car is. And it starts and drives as good as it looks.

Brew, you may be right about the price. Based on the few comp's we know of, I'm sure I'll keep the pricing on the upper limit of the range I've provided.

I have previously turned down $135K before publishing it for sale, so I'm confident it'll bring at least that. I'll keep the recommendation under consideration.

Your avatar is a nice pic. of the lower spoiler, below and behind the chin spoiler. It's very similar to the '69 TA spoiler. You know, my car has that same spoiler! I heard they were not on all of the cars delivered, but at least there's two! I'll need to get a cool pic. like that posted into my earthlink space to show it off, not that that's what your doing, haha.

rwinkles 12-18-2006 06:11 PM

Hey Brew, interesting. The '74 parts car I bought (which was a piece of junk but a very original, non-A/C car) did have the lower spoiler. I have seen the spoiler on other '74's that appear to be pretty original as well. I'm not sure about this one, does anyone know for sure that the '74's did or did not have this spoiler?? I always thought that all A/C cars had the extra spoiler under there.

165th - I somewhat agree with the Brewmister, I think $135 minimum, probably more. Did you repaint the car or just do the underside, engine bay etc.? The paint was fantastic when I saw it.

165th 12-18-2006 10:51 PM

Dick, the paint had to be done as well. It originally was just going to be an undercoat removal, but then one thing led to another, and that's how it ended up on the rotisserie. It was just too much work on the car not to give it a fresh finish. However, the body work on the car was minimal as you can imagine since it was in such fine shape to begin with.

I suppose I'm going to have to go in and change that minimum price afterall. Thanks for the advice!

schneidsd455 12-19-2006 01:17 AM

My 74 A/C car has the chin spoiler.

Brewster 12-19-2006 08:19 AM

Hey Jeff,
Really there is a lower air dam after the main spoiler. Its never to late to learn something new out here and thanks for the up date.
Could someone throw a picture up in order to see the diff?
Thanks and Ho-ho-ho
Brew

SD73 12-19-2006 05:57 PM

Yeah, let's see one! And the consensous is it's a piece for AC cars?

superdutybob 12-19-2006 07:05 PM

I believe they were on all cars A/C or not. They usually got torn off by parking blocks and such and were thrown away.

Brew: Certainly not a 73 only thing.

Brewster 12-19-2006 08:08 PM

Post a picture of yours Bob so I can get a look. Want to know how much like the two years compare with each other.
Thanks

SD73 12-19-2006 08:11 PM

I'll need to hit the parts book to see what it says.

schneidsd455 12-20-2006 03:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hope the scan comes out readable. It is from the 74 assembly manual. Bob is right, the manual says "8 cyl only" for the 'baffle'. It's not an Ac/non-Ac thing. As far as the pic, nevermind the bugs. Didn't realize it looked that bad. Guess that's what a cross-Nebraska trip in August will do for ya.

Best to all this Christmas,
Jeff

njsteve 12-20-2006 10:38 AM

My Grandmother's 1975 350 w/ac Esprit has the same baffle as well.

johnta1 12-20-2006 12:10 PM

I believe it was designed to funnel the air to the radiator.

x-bird2 12-20-2006 11:30 PM

my 73 assembly manual same page, (support & baffle asm.) as posted above, shows the baffle as well, part no. 494259 but it does not have the "8 cyl only" note. additionally, there is a revision note dated 3/20/73 for the baffle, nuts and screws as "added."

RAM AIR 1967 12-21-2006 01:47 PM

My 74 SD car with AC has one.

SD73 12-21-2006 03:54 PM

I confirmed it's in my '73 Assembly Manual as well. I haven't been able to find it in my parts book yet though, but I haven't looked as well as I'd like to. Also the performance years online partsmaster has no record with that part number. Thinking way back to a plain-jane '79 Camaro I owned, I believe it had one simlar to that as well. I'll have to check the junkyards out next.