PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   70-73 Firebird & TA TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   70-71 TA Fenders (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857421)

70RAlll 03-20-2022 10:48 AM

70-71 TA Fenders

Been a while since I saw original 70-71 TA fenders for sale, whats the consensus of their current value?? Have an original pair that I am never going to use. Pain to ship which is why I never sold these, may consider depending on value.
Before anyone says this....if I do sell I will put in the proper "for sale" section of PYs.....just looking to see what the board thinks values are.. thanks

72projectbird 03-20-2022 11:26 AM

Idk what they're worth, but I've been looking for a pair. I've basically accepted the fact that I'll be taking a good pair of later fenders I have and swapping out the inner braces with early ones I cut out of some Firebird fenders.

Tellyshavilli 03-20-2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70RAlll (Post 6328093)
Been a while since I saw original 70-71 TA fenders for sale, whats the consensus of their current value?? Have an original pair that I am never going to use. Pain to ship which is why I never sold these, may consider depending on value.
Before anyone says this....if I do sell I will put in the proper "for sale" section of PYs.....just looking to see what the board thinks values are.. thanks

Good question never see them for sale not original ones

Ramairnacho 03-20-2022 12:20 PM

Fenders

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 70RAlll (Post 6328093)

I'd like those put on my esprit with a formula hood and some extra set of 13 I got and I would look super cool. How much you asking. I live in California my esprit is a complete all stock car. I found service recites in ash tray. Runs but has a knock. It would be nice to build a budget 400 refurbish the 11 heads or install some 13 I have already refurbished,stock intake and a restamped 7040270 carb with a nice air cleaner.some 18x8 modern look and lower a little will be very nice.

71GP76TA 03-20-2022 12:21 PM

There was a scruffy pair on facebook a week or 2 ago... guy was asking $2200

Formulabruce 03-20-2022 06:49 PM

I sold a very very nice California pair with original blue paint on them in 2012 for $1800. I was able to ship them home inside a shell I bought there.
For the labor it takes to convert later fenders ,Even if you have all 4 parts, its still worth it to spend the money on originals, even if you do the work yourself. I have converted a few sets since I sold those. Customers are picky and rarely make any profit.