PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Pontiac (incl G-body)Parts For SALE (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=449)
-   -   65-66 Tachometers NEW! $275 (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830386)

63gpman 06-11-2019 11:23 AM

65-66 Tachometers NEW! $275

4 Attachment(s)
I have finally pushed through to get these done. I have 10 more ready to go and should have more in the next few weeks. These are new tachometers and cups that are a great lower cost alternative to the very cool, hard to find, but expensive original tachs for our 65-66 full size Pontiacs. The tachs are new Super Tach II's but have had a face transplant and look fantastic. These are a great tach and unlike the originals, these are more accurate and work great! The cups are new reproductions that I worked with Ian Buchan from Australia to get produced. Those in the know will recall his very nice reproduction cups that were made from brass and were awesome, but heavy. These are made from aluminum and are light weight and fantastic!! These are nickel plated vs chrome, but were done to a high quality so you are not likely to notice the difference. My entire hope was to try and make a good, reliable alternative to the rare original tachometers, that was affordable to most people in the hobby and that is what we have here! The originals still have their place on high end builds or cars that are all original, but these are priced at $275 shipped to your door, so they are affordable to most people and look great. The price includes the tach and cup as well as shipping in the US. I have already sent out the first batch and the feedback has been fantastic. you can IM me or email me at hansenb44@hotmail.com. If paying paypal as goods, just add $8.50

Thanks guys!! I will also be brining some to Norwalk.

BOB VIDAN 06-11-2019 12:42 PM

Nice job Brad.

Chief of the 60's 06-11-2019 03:39 PM

Wow! Those are very nice. Sure beats $800.00 for one with pits that "might" work. Congrats on a job well done.

63gpman 06-11-2019 04:42 PM

Thanks guys, and yes, that is why I wend down this path. I was talking with Ian about doing another run, but the problem was needing to find a tachometer that would work with the cups and I have purchased several originals off of epay that did not work so I found this solution that I feel covers a lot of things. It works! It looks very similar to the original, It's new, way better than having one hanging off of your steering column and relatively affordable for most. I also wanted to keep the cost down so that most everyone could afford to put one in their 65-66 cars no matter if a wagon, 4 door or convertible.

To anyone that is wanting one, I only have 2 more on this batch, but send me a msg so that I can get you on the list for the next batch when these run out.

Thanks guys!

68 Firebird Brian 06-11-2019 08:45 PM

sent email
I will take one

Heybuck 06-19-2019 08:24 AM

Good to see you are now finally at the stage of listing these Brad. No-one (outside your family:)) knows how much you have put into these.

For the sake of interested readers & buyers, I can personally vouch for every word Brad has detailed in his listing. My original cups were good, very good in fact, but yours are better. The alloy casting and finish is exemplary. With the new tach internals these will enhance every '65 & '66 big car that is lucky enough to get one.

Congratulations Brad

Ian:ausflag::ausflag::ausflag:

63gpman 11-16-2019 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got 15 more ready to go just in time for Christmas!

68 Firebird Brian 11-17-2019 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heybuck (Post 6034271)
Good to see you are now finally at the stage of listing these Brad. No-one (outside your family:)) knows how much you have put into these.

For the sake of interested readers & buyers, I can personally vouch for every word Brad has detailed in his listing. My original cups were good, very good in fact, but yours are better. The alloy casting and finish is exemplary. With the new tach internals these will enhance every '65 & '66 big car that is lucky enough to get one.

Congratulations Brad

Ian:ausflag::ausflag::ausflag:

x2 A work of art!

Thanks

pontiacjeff 11-17-2019 12:18 PM

Very nice!

63gpman 11-17-2019 08:00 PM

Thanks guys, I am out of the 65's, but will try to get more soon!

a421cat 11-18-2019 03:52 PM

Any difference for a car with transistor ignition?

1965gp 11-25-2019 01:03 AM

This looks great- how does it mount?

63gpman 01-19-2020 07:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I just got more completed and ready to ship.

Sorry I missed the mounting question.

1965gp 01-22-2020 04:48 PM

These look great

footjoy 01-22-2020 04:57 PM

I don't own a GP but I would like to thank you for your efforts. It looks like a fine quality tach. Some say our hobby is fading but people like you are much appreciated and keep things going.

Thanks
Greg

LST-SJM 01-23-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 63gpman (Post 6102047)
I just got more completed and ready to ship.

Sorry I missed the mounting question.

Just found the forum.
thanks for the link you sent from the ebay listing.
the tac setup looks great. just let me know when your ready to ship and I can cut you a check for one.
kindest regards
John

63gpman 01-24-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LST-SJM (Post 6103223)
Just found the forum.
thanks for the link you sent from the ebay listing.
the tac setup looks great. just let me know when your ready to ship and I can cut you a check for one.
kindest regards
John

Hey John,

Welcome to the forum, lots of good info on here for us full size guys. Glad you found your way here as I am not a big fan of the epay fees. My paypal is hansenb44@hotmail.com (please cover fees if paying for goods vs friends and family) or I am good with check or money order to

Brad Hansen
4808 Manor End Ln NW
Rochester, MN 55901
507-251-4509

joegpho 06-18-2021 12:35 PM

I'm bringing this up as the tach my Dad installed (a 9000 RPM Sun - mid 60s) was butchered by some shop that was supposed to redo it. Pops doesn't like the column mounted tach in the way of the speedo anyway, so do you have any more of these? It would be for a good cause - car is with original owner, 65 421 HO, 4spd, TI. Does your tach work with TI?

63gpman 06-22-2021 11:33 PM

Sorry guys, just have not found a lot of time to do this. Ended up building a new house and am in the middle of that along with Basketball, Baseball and Soccer for the kids. I do plan to go to Norwalk and will have some things to deliver there and will try to get a couple done in time, but not going to promise anything at this point. I will do my best to get back on track once we get into our new place.

joegpho 06-24-2021 01:52 PM

No problem Brad! Pop's took delivery of the car in 11/64 and the car was off the road from early 74 until 2016 - so I totally understand the "life" stuff!

I'll follow up with you a couple of weeks before Norwalk.