PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   67-79 Big Pontiac TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=431)
-   -   Fake News meets Wide Track country (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853973)

north 10-16-2021 12:07 AM

Fake News meets Wide Track country

This article from Money INC magazine is so unbelievably wrong on every possible level I thought it was a joke…. It’s not, but it is.

https://moneyinc.com/best-pontiac-ca...s-of-all-time/

Unbelievable!

hawkins69 10-16-2021 01:08 AM

Wow! Terrible

north 10-16-2021 08:48 AM

The author is the poster child for today’s new crop of young “journalists” who infest and infect all the mainstream media, social media and “fact-checking” organizations. They are the byproduct of our taxpayer funded universities. God help us.

Stuart 10-16-2021 09:00 AM

I wonder if 'Benjamin Smith' is a real person, or if that article was some sort of computer generated story. His other articles are just as bad - the one about the ten best Grand Ams includes a picture of an AMC Concord.

David Brown 10-16-2021 10:35 AM

Absolutely ridiculous! It must be a joke, isn't it?

nas t eh 10-16-2021 10:56 AM

Since when is even possible to have a list of the 10 best Grand Ams or Catalinas, the idea is flawed. Has to be computer created intended to generate clicks with out any rational thought to whether it makes sense.

burd 10-16-2021 11:06 AM

Too many ads. I had to stop.

padgett 10-16-2021 11:34 AM

The 1977 four door convertible is hilarious.

If you read the blurb it would seen he was born in this century "Benjamin Smith is one of themanaging editors ]of Moneyinc. He has a strong interest in sports, video games and acting his age (and he's not even in college yet!)". So pat him on his widdle head.

turbo69bird 10-16-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by north (Post 6287528)
The author is the poster child for today’s new crop of young “journalists” who infest and infect all the mainstream media, social media and “fact-checking” organizations. They are the byproduct of our taxpayer funded universities. God help us.

I knew I liked you, couldn’t have said it better myself.
Well said!

turbo69bird 10-16-2021 07:38 PM

It’s all about the click bait on the site anyway not about actual content.. that’s just there like a piece of cheese for a mouse. To draw us in
What we read once we get there is irrelevant

What is sad is how many stupid people still can’t (see won’t / refuse to) see what’s going on in this country.

Ben M. 10-18-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

I love how you insult my entire generation over what is likely a computer generated article that is solely designed to be clickbait to your generation. Don't believe me that it's clickbait? How many folks have you gotten to view this article by posting it that wouldn't have already??

north 10-18-2021 10:14 AM

You are easily insulted, I didn’t insult you or “your generation” for that matter.

All I did was point out an idiotic article that was an exaggerated example of the pathetic journalist work of so many young journalists today. And I said so in a poking fun sort of way.

burd 10-18-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burd (Post 6287559)
Too many ads. I had to stop.

I can’t believe theses a site with more adds than Trans Am Country. LMAO

turbo69bird 10-18-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by north (Post 6287956)
You are easily insulted, I didn’t insult you or “your generation” for that matter.

All I did was point out an idiotic article that was an exaggerated example of the pathetic journalist work of so many young journalists today. And I said so in a poking fun sort of way.

You didn’t insult his generation , you insulted the pathetic media of his generation.

Although now that it’s pointed out…. It’s damn sure not the greatest generation. Kinda sucks really, But that’s if taken as a whole and one guys opinion. You should be able to handle that and if you can’t that proves my point

Met many great people from
That generation as well but it’s definitely the minority in a big way

Again if you don’t feel I’m “entitled “to that opinion, your too “entitled” and proved my point!

71GP76TA 10-18-2021 12:44 PM

:popcorn: :popcorn:

turbo69bird 10-18-2021 01:18 PM

If it makes anyone feel better I think my generation SUCKS too !

Maybe not quite as bad though.
We at least had the 80’s

unruhjonny 10-18-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

as a point, and counter point;
I am pretty sure I am of Ben's generation, and I wasn't at all put off by this post;
I'm pretty sure that I gleaned his age from a long since disappeared (because of crashes) on the old TAC - the original version of the site where I was active many moons ago.

That ad may very well have been purely click bait, but that doesn't change the fact that journalism, for the most part is dead.
My wife happens to have a degree in journalism, and is repeatedly disgusted by what passes for journalism these days.

455abody 10-20-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Well said and very true!!

Diego 10-21-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

Sorry, but Ben M. is right.

You come off sounding like my elderly parents, and I'm sure you're not that old. You have contributed a lot of positive things on this site, so why lower yourself to a particular level?:gag:

north 10-21-2021 09:37 PM

Diego,

My comment had nothing to do with anything but that crummy article (and other like it) and the similarities to the media in general.

However I do think it wise to stay out of politics on a site like this and I guess my comment was nibbling on the edge.

I think this site works best when we share our common interest in Pontiacs rather than getting into things that could divide us.

God knows there are plenty of other places to do the latter on the net!

Back on the article, it reminded me of those British books about American cars that seemed to be everywhere in the 90’s. I used to buy them just for the entertainment value of how riddled with mistakes they were.