PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northeast (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=525)
-   -   Swapmeet at Island Dragway, Great Meadows New Jersey. April 9th 2022. (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857714)

foxgapLeMans 03-31-2022 06:37 PM

Swapmeet at Island Dragway, Great Meadows New Jersey. April 9th 2022.

My friend and I have two spots for this. We will have a lot of vintage drag car parts for sale along with a lot of 64-70 Mustang parts. Heck, I may even bring some of my Fiero parts along. Everything will have reasonable prices on them, we are not looking to retire on our sales. Just want to pay for our spots and clean out the garages. We have done some research for the parts on Ebay and other places, we feel our prices will beat those prices.

Bargains will be had!

Mark

foxgapLeMans 04-02-2022 07:06 PM

We started to go thru some of the other stuff we are bringing along and found a couple of Pontiac crankshafts and cams, along with a few pulley sets. Not sure what else we will find over the next couple of days.
Mark

tininjun68 04-08-2022 01:49 PM

POSTPONED! SAW ON ISLAND'S SITE THAT SWAP IS POSTPONED DUE TO FLOODING RAIN.

foxgapLeMans 04-08-2022 05:53 PM

We got a text at about noon that it was postponed until 6/11/22. We had about 3 things to put on the trailer and sit down for a cold one, then we unloaded the truck and trailer first. Then had a cold one. That end of the track is always under water when they get a heavy rain, I can't imagine what it looks like after all the rain we got yesterday.

foxgapLeMans 04-09-2022 06:46 AM

I just viewed a facebook video my friend sent me of the track, it is not a good sight. I am sure the test and tune on Sunday has been canceled also. Mother Nature sucks sometimes and this is one of those times.

tininjun68 04-10-2022 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxgapLeMans (Post 6333284)
I just viewed a facebook video my friend sent me of the track, it is not a good sight. I am sure the test and tune on Sunday has been canceled also. Mother Nature sucks sometimes and this is one of those times.

Don’t ya just know that some sh!theads that want the track closed would want homes built there in its place. Sadly I’m sure some folks that want to move west would pluck down $750k for a 3500sq ft home/1 acre lot with $14k/year property taxes, where the track property currently resides, faster than they could say, “my sump pit is full again”…

stags 04-11-2022 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't seen pics from last week but the attached was in 2007 IIRC.

Was the latest one this bad?

foxgapLeMans 04-12-2022 06:26 AM

Wow, This year was not quite as bad. It did look like a lake on the right side of the track and huge puddles in the pits. The finish line was well under water.

racerboy 04-26-2022 06:37 PM

That'd be a shame if they closed the track. I had a lot of fun running at Island back in the early 1990s when they had a Pro class (11.00-11.99). I'll definitely be there on 6/11, if for no other reason than to maybe meet up with some fellow PY forum members!