PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   61-66 Big Pontiac TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=428)
-   -   63 G/P Reverb (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854478)

Aluminum Chief 11-07-2021 08:51 PM

63 G/P Reverb

Does anyone have a picture of how and where the reverb box is mounted in the trunk?
Thanks KC

gtoguys 11-07-2021 09:50 PM

I don't have a picture, but I was told by the 1963 GP Chapter tech, that the reverb box goes on the right rear wheel housing. I have a 63 GP also and wanted to put in a reverb. When I looked at that location, I said no way! The screw tips would be near the tire. I mounted mine on the rear seat divider panel. It works fine mounted there and is out of site and out of the way if you put something big in the trunk.

Aluminum Chief 11-08-2021 09:43 AM

reverb

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtoguys (Post 6293375)
I don't have a picture, but I was told by the 1963 GP Chapter tech, that the reverb box goes on the right rear wheel housing. I have a 63 GP also and wanted to put in a reverb. When I looked at that location, I said no way! The screw tips would be near the tire. I mounted mine on the rear seat divider panel. It works fine mounted there and is out of site and out of the way if you put something big in the trunk.

I looked and did not see any old mounting holes on the right wheel house, my car originally came with the reverb.
My 67 GTO has the reverb mounted to the underside of the package tray area in the trunk on the drivers side.
Thanks for the response. KC

1965gp 11-08-2021 02:43 PM

I want to say it is on the trunk floor below the package tray on the drivers side.

Aluminum Chief 11-08-2021 07:37 PM

reverb

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965gp (Post 6293538)
I want to say it is on the trunk floor below the package tray on the drivers side.

I climbed in the trunk today and located a small wire loom bracket on the upper right side wheel house so I looked around in that area and found 2 small holes in the right side rear seat brace in the same area as the small wire loom bracket. Looks like I stumbled on to the original mounting location.

Thanks KC

gtoguys 11-08-2021 10:53 PM

When you get the reverb mounted, can you take a picture of the mount location? I would like, as well as others, to know where it should be.

Aluminum Chief 12-14-2021 05:03 PM

Reverb

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtoguys (Post 6293651)
When you get the reverb mounted, can you take a picture of the mount location? I would like, as well as others, to know where it should be.

Got the reverb mounted today, I`m pretty sure this is the factory location. There are holes to mount the unit and there is a small bracket to hold the wire harness.

gtoguys 12-14-2021 09:49 PM

That's not where I was told, but it makes more sense to put it there. Thanks for the pictures. It mounts at an angle of all things. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

Aluminum Chief 12-15-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtoguys (Post 6302541)
That's not where I was told, but it makes more sense to put it there. Thanks for the pictures. It mounts at an angle of all things. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

Mounting holes and wire bracket were already there so this looks like the right spot, has to be on an angle, won`t fit there straight up & down.

gtoguys 12-15-2021 11:51 AM

I forgot to add, in the spring, I will move mine to the correct spot. Thanks again for the pictures.

389 12-31-2021 03:25 PM

It goes on the higher section under the window behind the rear seat. I would put it on a piece of rubber to slow down vibrations.

Aluminum Chief 01-01-2022 01:10 PM

?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 389 (Post 6306990)
It goes on the higher section under the window behind the rear seat. I would put it on a piece of rubber to slow down vibrations.

Factory holes tell the story, no factory holes in the location you say.

gary bennett 01-02-2022 07:05 PM

I screwed mine to the floor right behind the back seat.

Green Hornet 04-18-2022 01:18 AM

I pulled a reverb and power antenna out of a 64 Bonneville about 7 years ago....and IIRC....the box was mounted on the right side behind trunk divider parallel and just below parcel shelf...

I'm sure I took some pics......but finding them could be a challenge.