PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=526)
-   -   Any PY Pontiac Fans in NW Georgia? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859524)

John V. 06-20-2022 04:40 PM

Any PY Pontiac Fans in NW Georgia?

I moved here 3+ years ago from the Jacksonville, Fla area. The old car hobby there was very active and just before moving away, I became a member of the Dixie Chapter of POCI, a great group that always had something going on. I've been on the hunt for a similar group in NW Georgia. So far no luck. Population is pretty sparse. I'm guessing there just aren't many Pontiac owners nearby looking to form a group but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here.

I know there is a GTOAA chapter in the Atlanta area but that is too far away for me. There is a POCI chapter in the Nashville area, even further away.

Anyway, I'm wondering if any PY members live in this area and have an interest in forming some sort of group and meeting up for events. The area would roughly be defined by;

Chattanooga to Cleveland, TN, to Blue Ridge, GA, to Jasper, GA, to Calhoun, GA, and back to Chattanooga.

Obviously, anybody living just outside that boundary would be close enough if they cared to participate.

Half-Inch Stud 06-26-2022 01:32 PM

Huntsville AL close enough?
Off topic but, You been to Helen GA yet? .

John V. 06-26-2022 05:32 PM

Been to Helen a couple times in years past but only driven thru since moving to GA. We're more apt to go hiking or chase waterfalls near Helen than to visit Helen itself.

Huntsville is further away than I would comfortably drive the GTO but Chattanooga is about equidistant between us. We've been to Huntsville a number of times, nice city.

There is a POCI club in Ala, too bad I'm not close to them.

Are there active Pontiackers in Huntsville that do stuff as a group?

Half-Inch Stud 07-02-2022 11:37 AM

Nope. Been the lone wolf. Visited Pontiacman in Talledega for an HO manifold for a group of 2. There are some old pontiacs but they rarely come out and none got to talking.

MIAGIMAN 08-05-2022 08:20 AM

I'm in Jasper Georgia, from Florida too, I've been to the Dixie chapter show a few times. No pontiac group in my area other than Atlanta. But there is a few clubs that get together, a meeting and a cruise a couple of times each month that I'm checking out. In Calhoun, Paradise Dragway does a couple of classic car shows and races too, neat old track,

Tom tom 09-21-2022 10:20 AM

I am in Birchwood Tn about 20 miles north of Chattanooga.

FrankieT/A 09-21-2022 02:16 PM

I spend a lot of time in sw nc. I feel like a loner.

DogMeister 11-29-2022 04:47 PM

I live in Jasper, and am the president of the Southeastern GTO Association. We do events all over the place. We've been to McDonough, Calhoun, Cartersville, Pigeon Forge, Canton, Tail of the Dragon, etc. We try to get out once a month. Check out our website if you haven't yet. We welcome all Pontiacs, not just GTOs.

www.segtoa.org

I don't think you ever actually said where you're located...

RamAirBirds 11-29-2022 06:30 PM

GO HERSCHEL!!!!!

GruntedCatalina 12-03-2022 05:26 PM

Im over in Marietta these days. I see one guy with a black 65 GTO now and then. My car has been in NY up until a few days ago. Ripping into it now and gotta find an upholsterer to get the interior going.

Hope we can get a meet closer too! the ones in south ATL and lower are tough to get to. Traffic gets out of hand.

turbo69bird 12-03-2022 07:14 PM

Hell yeah go Herschel!

thepontiacman 12-04-2022 01:11 PM

Good Luck with getting organized with other Pontiac owners.

If you are looking for parts, I am in Talladega AL.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com