PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Industry Stuff (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=473)
-   -   PY Announces a 1969-77 Grand Prix Catalog (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608324)

dm_fan 08-20-2009 07:48 PM

PY Announces a 1969-77 Grand Prix Catalog

Hi Everyone

If you are a fan of 1969-77 Pontiac Grand Prix's, then I have some good news for you. Performance Years has decided to step-up our Grand Prix product line. One of the first steps is to produce a new 1969-77 Grand Prix catalog.

This new catalog will receive the same treatment as our GTO and Firebird catalogs. It will have:

1000's of products
Extended product details (fit issues, originallity notes, quality reviews, etc...)
Tons of FULL COLOR pictures
assembly illustrations
up-to-date pricing
and all the other great information we pack into each of our catalogs

We are currently expecting this catalog to be available in October, 2009 and are already taking names for the first mailing.
Click here to add your name to the list

I can already hear some of you early Grand Prix and Fullsize Pontiac Fans saying "What about us? Where's our new catalog?" Not to worry, you're next in line. We are planning a Fullsize and early Grand Prix catalog . We currently expect it to be available in early 2010, in plenty of time for you to read it over and plan your Spring 2010 projects.

We'll be keeping our Catalog staff pretty busy this Fall and Winter and we hope you appreciate our efforts. Stay tuned for more details.

Thanks
Steve

Keith Vrabec 08-20-2009 09:26 PM

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! !!!!!!!!

Need one...

Mike S car on the cover???

gpguy 08-20-2009 09:54 PM

Look forward to GP catalog!

Glad to be a part of it with the 69, 70 Center Closeout Panel. (bumper pocket)
71, 72 panel in development.
Hope to do more parts we've got lined up.

Dean

fiedlerh 08-20-2009 10:25 PM

Any hints on what 73-77 GP parts might be offered?

dm_fan 08-27-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiedlerh (Post 3742956)
Any hints on what 73-77 GP parts might be offered?

Hey Fiedlerh
Please don't think I'm ignoring your question. At this point we are still compiling the catalog and researching (and test fitting) parts we believe will fit the GP so it's hard to give you a definitive list.
I will say that a majority of the parts I've already put in the catalog are 69-72 because many are the same as GTO. It's also looking like the sheet metal we have available is limited (which shouldn't a surprise).
I believe that Ccass has some new reproduction projects in mind. What he is considering and when they will be available, I don't know yet.
I can assure you the new PY Grand Prix catalog will definitely include every GP part we can get our hands on. And hopefully the list of parts we can get will grow over the next few years.

If you have something specific you think we should look at, let us know.

Steve

Jim Moshier 09-08-2009 11:50 AM

Very cool I need one too and I can't wait to check it out.

Ccass 10-20-2009 10:39 PM

Update: the catalog is almost done. It's going to the printer next week. 3-4 weeks to print and then we're going to start sending them out to all that asked.

67GTONUT 10-21-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Vrabec (Post 3742899)
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! !!!!!!!!

Need one...

Mike S car on the cover???

I hope Mike's car is on it somewhere..... worthy of it for sure...

dm_fan 10-21-2009 01:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67GTONUT (Post 3798872)
I hope Mike's car is on it somewhere..... worthy of it for sure...

We took a whole bunch of pictures of his car yesterday. Probably for the cover.

Steve

67GTONUT 10-21-2009 01:25 PM

Cool...... That car came out perfect....

dm_fan 11-05-2009 03:23 PM

Hello Everyone
Performance Years' FIRST EVER 1969-77 Grand Prix catalog got completed yesterday!! :hooray::clap2::hooray:

http://performanceyears.com/images/C...-GrandPrix.jpg

We've already sent it off to our printer and expect to have the printed catalog in our hands within 3 weeks. If you haven't already requested a copy of the printed Grand Prix catalog, you can be added to the mailing list here:

http://performanceyears.com/Catalogs.asp

And for those of you that just can't wait, you can also download the PDF version of the new PY Grand Prix Catalog from the same link:

http://performanceyears.com/Catalogs.asp

We already have a few dozen new reproductions in the process of being made (these parts are listed in RED as "COMING SOON" the new GP catalog). Included are bumpers, bezels, watershields, lenses, console lids, fan shrouds, molded hood insulation, brackets, gaskets and more.

Plus there are a few dozen additional parts we plan on reproducing in the near future (these parts are listed in RED as "inquire" the new GP catalog). There are so many new products on the horizon, I'm not going to list them all. Have a look at our new GP catalog to see what we have planned. And let us know if we've overlooked anything.

Thanks
The PY Staff

69gp400 11-09-2009 10:33 PM

dm fan i signed up about 10 months ago,do i need ti sign up again for the catalog?if not when will it arrive. thanks

dm_fan 11-10-2009 02:36 PM

If you signed up using any of the links above, we already have your name on the list for the first mailing. We are expecting to be able to send the first mailing the last week in Nov. Most likely that will mean you'll see it in your mail box at the begining of December.

However, I'm not sure we were even taking names for the GP catalog 10 months ago. If you haven't used the link above to leave us your info, you might want to take a minute and do that, just to be sure you are on the first mailing.

Steve

69gp400 11-13-2009 09:10 PM

hey dm are there any 72 gp rear quarter panels in the catalog?i need the rear bottom from the line down.also need something for over the wheel well area.anxious to start my 72 project thanks

dm_fan 11-13-2009 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a piece of the Rear Quarter section of the new GP catalog (page 54). We are attempting to have rear patch panels made. The last time I heard about this project, We have an original piece to send to our sheet metal mfg. I don't think the project was going to include the area above the wheel.
I'll try to get the guy who has been overseeing the project to give more info on Monday.

Steve

69gp400 11-14-2009 01:17 AM

great job thats one section i need and sure many other 72s owners need to.

Ccass 11-14-2009 03:18 PM

We have about 20 69-72 GP products out for quote or already in production. Our 2009 budget is pretty much shot. Both the front fender and rear quarter patches are on the waiting list. If you GP guys cooperatively show some decent purchase volume on the stuff we are making now, we'll have the cash to start these next wave of products.

Ccass 11-30-2009 05:52 PM

Catalogs have arrived. We'll start labeling, bagging and tagging them tomorrow. They should all be out by the end of the week.

Jim Moshier 12-10-2009 02:47 PM

Chris,
Just received my 1969-1977 catalog that I have been waiting for, for so long and I like it! Color pictures and everything!

thanks for not forgetting the Grand Prix owners.

mike nixon 12-10-2009 04:14 PM

Rec'd mine yesterday. nice job on them.