PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   70-73 Firebird & TA TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   70 ta value question (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850015)

shakerz 04-22-2021 04:02 PM

70 ta value question

picked up a 70 polar project 2 mo ago kinda rough with original drivetrain auto air. Black deluxe. 80% all there. Planning to sell. Has late model hood and fenders and rally wheels. Air cleaner/shaker missing. can buy a hood for 1500. Shaker and breather for 1800. Question is should I add the correct hood and fenders and shaker assembly before selling? How much approximate value does correct hood and fenders in particular add?

weranc55 04-22-2021 07:05 PM

I’d sell it as is

71GP76TA 04-22-2021 07:38 PM

As is

keith k 04-22-2021 10:19 PM

X3.

shakerz 04-22-2021 11:02 PM

Thanks guys. Two buyers called me. Both are guys who look for them and they both said not having the correct front sheet metal and wheels hurts it a lot. They are looking for high end cars I think. This car is pretty rough. Needs quarters, floors, and trunk. Has some bondo in doors.

weranc55 04-23-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakerz (Post 6244830)
Thanks guys. Two buyers called me. Both are guys who look for them and they both said not having the correct front sheet metal and wheels hurts it a lot. They are looking for high end cars I think. This car is pretty rough. Needs quarters, floors, and trunk. Has some bondo in doors.

If they are looking for high end cars then this is not the car. What hurts it is the rust and that its a auto with AC. I'm sure you will be able to sell it as is. Market is hot right now.

shakerz 04-23-2021 12:42 PM

Agreed weranc. Thanks for your feedback

keith k 04-23-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakerz (Post 6244830)

And of course a buyer who knows these cars would be quick to point out all the things that are incorrect with yours, and how expensive it will be to correct. An expected negotiating strategy...

For this car you want to find the sort of buyers who don't know or don't care. There are plenty of them out there.

shakerz 04-23-2021 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith k (Post 6245027)
And of course a buyer who knows these cars would be quick to point out all the things that are incorrect with yours, and how expensive it will be to correct. An expected negotiating strategy...

For this car you want to find the sort of buyers who don't know or don't care. There are plenty of them out there.

If they’re looking for a garage kept 70 for 20k, this one aint it lol. Good point and good advise , Keith.