PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Lost my Wife - Julie (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853276)

vidguy 09-15-2021 01:06 AM

Lost my Wife - Julie

4 Attachment(s)
After 38 years of a perfect marriage my lovely, loving and smart wife Julie, lost her 10 year battle with cancer. She never complained and was our rock and the soul of our large extended family. She passed away early in the morning of 9/11 with me by her side here in our new home.

We had just sold our home of 36 years in the Bay Area in April and bought up in the Foothills, a 3 acre two home family compound as she loved to call it. My daughter, son-in-law and her 3 kiddies live in the main house and Julie and I were living in the smaller house as I remodeled it. She picked everything out and it looks beautiful. She lived to see everything get done except the deck, which I'm finishing.

Her dream was to see her kiddies run down the pasture hill to her, and they did that every day the past few weeks after my daughter moved in fulltime.

She came to work in our business 20+ years ago and I loved being with her everyday - all day, until she retired last fall. Me in May. She managed everything except the video production and webcasting for our company of 15 employees at 4 locations, with 3 software products...We were blessed enough to manage to sell the business.

She loved traveling, playing cards, gardening, hiking, her grandkids and our two children. We went all over the country and the world and had a wonderful life.

If i'm rambling or boasting it's because I want the world to know how truly amazing and beautiful she was.

I just finished a 26 x 26 metal garage here that she wanted me to have, so I could have the Shop I always wanted for the cars. I find now that I have zero interest in that...

Haven't posted here the past 2 years as we were dealing with so much in work and life.

But since the 90's I spent so much time here, and got so much friendly help and kinship - I wanted to share with you guys, as you are a caring bunch.
Don't know what to do now...

fyrffytr1 09-15-2021 01:12 AM

Prayers sent for you and yours. Don't make any rash decisions.

OZZIEVILLE 67 2 door 09-15-2021 01:26 AM

So sorry for your loss old mate,take your time to grieve.

Live your life in the memory of your wonderful wife, the rest of your family will need you more than ever before.

Be strong Pontiac brother
John L

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

67GTONUT 09-15-2021 03:37 AM

So Sorry for your loss....

In my thoughts and prayers

Simple Man 09-15-2021 04:57 AM

Sorry for your loss.

stuta 09-15-2021 04:59 AM

You have my heart felt condolences. So sorry for your loss.

1965gp 09-15-2021 06:27 AM

I’m sorry to hear this but it sounds like the two of you had a beautiful life together that should be celebrated when the time is right

chuckies76ta 09-15-2021 06:37 AM

James: Sorry to here of your wife's passing. Beautiful pics of your family. As mentioned, don't make any rash decisions. I'm sure your wife would want you to carry on with the Pontiac hobby and enjoy it with your family.
Take care of yourself and family.

Charles

Bluesugar 09-15-2021 06:48 AM

James, Very very sorry to hear the sad news.

thepontiacman 09-15-2021 06:57 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss.

You were blessed to be together for years.

Take care of yourself .

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

T/A addict 09-15-2021 07:05 AM

So sorry for your loss! Prayers for your healing at such a life altering time.

Half-Inch Stud 09-15-2021 07:29 AM

My condolences on your loss.

JSchmitz 09-15-2021 07:33 AM

Sorry for your loss.

sdbob 09-15-2021 07:34 AM

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family. It's been 5 weeks for my wife of 42 yrs,sudden heart attack. She was in good health.I'm lost. However friends are helping(I'm an only child and we did not have children, not by choice). I've looked for bereavement groups,programs through our church, psychologist, and a program nondenominational I'm going to now it's called 'Grief Share ',(I receive a daily email about the grief) I like the readings and what others have done to overcome the grief.The program is helping me to understand the grief.I wanted to run from it! However there is nowhere to run and hide from the feelings. We love someone,the feelings will be there.I'm facing them,praying to god for his guidance. Slowly with Gods help I'm 'ok'. Still miss her terribly. I wonder 'what could I've done differently '. Gods will. May God Bless you and your family. I hope this helps a little.

lfdsteve 09-15-2021 08:22 AM

So sorry for your loss!

bird72 09-15-2021 08:39 AM

What a stunningly beautiful write up you did on your amazing wife. I feel for you, her, and the sad moments in life. May she rest in peace.

Gary H 09-15-2021 08:40 AM

So sorry for your loss! Cherish the memories, pour yourself into your kids, and grandchildren. They are you, and your wife's legacy, and need you in their life. Find a good church home in your new area, and serve God, and other,s through that ministry. You have much living left.

Cardo 09-15-2021 08:42 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss, so glad for your time together and that you're living right there with your family, more important now than ever.

will slow gto 09-15-2021 10:29 AM

So sorry for your loss, what a lovely memorial to your marriage. Take your time with the grief and keep your close family and friends, close.

shawn e. 09-15-2021 10:33 AM

So sorry, condolences and heart felt sympathy for you and your family.
Shawn