PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   70-73 Firebird & TA TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   2nd Gen Experts Correct me on what i have wrong (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849896)

ripper1991 04-18-2021 01:18 AM

2nd Gen Experts Correct me on what i have wrong

Regarding what my memory serves as correct on 2nd gen camaro and firebird exterior sheet metal that is the same and can be used on either vehicle.

Roof

Decklid

Filler panel between rear window and decklid. Thats all.

I was informed yesterday due to the fact i dont own a hot rod shop i dont know what im talking about.

FWIW The same individual told me he used doors from a firebird on a camaro and they worked.

i admit i dont remember a lot of pontiac info like i used to but set me straight on the above. thanks brian

Norwood 04-18-2021 02:04 AM

You correct on the second gen sheet metal. Second gen Camaro and Firebird doors could be bolted on but have completely different body lines. 1st gen doors can be interchanged 67-68. 69 doors will also interchange

Brewster 04-18-2021 10:14 AM

times 2

Green Hornet 04-18-2021 01:08 PM

Not really exterior....but as I understand it ..complete floor and trunk pan rocker panels are also shared.....

NOT A TA 04-18-2021 08:50 PM

Not sheet metal but the center section of the three piece rear spoilers interchange.

Aus78Formula 04-19-2021 01:48 AM

Basically any parts on ebay listed for both, assume just for Camaro.

unruhjonny 04-19-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripper1991 (Post 6243386)
Regarding what my memory serves as correct on 2nd gen camaro and firebird exterior sheet metal that is the same and can be used on either vehicle.

Roof

Decklid

Filler panel between rear window and decklid. Thats all.

I was informed yesterday due to the fact i dont own a hot rod shop i dont know what im talking about.

FWIW The same individual told me he used doors from a firebird on a camaro and they worked.

i admit i dont remember a lot of pontiac info like i used to but set me straight on the above. thanks brian

Even though I don't consider myself an "expert", i know enough to be blunt;

The guy you spoke with is an IDIOT.

lol

You are correct.

quarters, doors, fenders, hood all different.

I believe you can use Camaro doors on a Firebird IF you swap on Firebird door skins.

on the other hand, if that bozo used Camaro doors it either looked terrible, or he used them on a Camaro :p

keith k 04-19-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unruhjonny (Post 6243772)

I believe you can use Camaro doors on a Firebird IF you swap on Firebird door skins.

Nope, Firebird skins won't fit on Camaro door inners.

unruhjonny 04-19-2021 11:25 PM

/\ ok

ripper1991 04-27-2021 09:03 PM

thank you to those who responded