PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pontiac - Boost (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Want to drive a fuel pump off your BOP belt drive? Step in here. (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662216)

KGTO 04-01-2011 01:42 PM

Want to drive a fuel pump off your BOP belt drive? Step in here.

For blown or unblown BOP belt drive users looking to cam drive a MFI fuel pump you NOW can!

The prototype on my current blown alcohol IA2 engine. Two more are under construction for a PY member. I would like to see if anyone else would be interested in one while we are building the other two. The includes the bracket (blown or unblown, stands, and drive hub for the BOP sprocket) You use a pump mount extension, all standard. This is slick, simple and professional way to accommodate the fuel pump drive.

Any questions please ask. I can email pictures, I probably won't post any until we see if this is something I am going to have to get protection on.

Moderator: I thought it was best to start this thread under the race section rather than the "for sale" section since this is more application specific and would be seen sooner than in another section.

KGTO 04-01-2011 01:45 PM

We are also asking for other ideas that might prove helpful in the accessory drive department. Please contact me with any other ideas/items for consideration.

jdw_poncho 04-07-2011 10:59 PM

Do you have a picture? I assume its designed to fit the standard hex drive?

Are you using the 4 small holes on the cam pulley or do you use something else? Just curious how tough it is to remove and if my pulley needs to be sent out to be modified?

How much, and when will one be ready? Im not sure Im set on buying one but I looked at building a cam drive before I bought my waterman drive kit. I like the fact that I can remove the belt to prime the fuel system without running the engine. I dont think I'll need to do that very often but I can see where running the pump without the engine to check for leaks would be nice.

KGTO 04-08-2011 07:32 PM

It is designed to fit a standard 3/8" hex drive, so everything is standard. I am using the adjustible pump extension from RCD Engineering. Its really slick. You can adjust it from 6" all the way down to 2" I believe. I also use a quick release on the pump.

We do not alter the BOP bolt pattern. We do need the sprocket for the process. The idea was that if you decided to stay with the BOP belt drive, but no longer needed a drive for the fuel pump, that you could still bolt a the pulley on for a front mount distributor. We have also looked at building a drive hub that would serve as a pulley for a front mount distributor, if someone wanted that.

KGTO 04-08-2011 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had some other pics I sent another member (who we are currently building two for now) that showed it installed on my engine, but I can't find the pics.

If we had some more interested in these we could save everyone a little more money :)

KGTO 04-08-2011 07:38 PM

FYI: this pic only shows the plate, not the rest of the assembly.

vin63 04-15-2011 01:50 PM

Very cool stuff, Ken! :hail:

KGTO 06-29-2011 01:14 PM

With some further interest in this product I am trying to get some better photos uploaded.

I also want to mention that we are offering this for blown applications and another one for unblown (injected/other) applications. The price is less for the unblown version.

I am also trying to have one of each completed and available to Wade from BOP Engineering to be on display at his booth at Norwalk.

A member and customer, Bill Takanbe, will have his race car on display in Portland at the GTOAA event this weekend sporting the new blown version. Check it out if you can!

KGTO 06-29-2011 01:15 PM

Thanks Vin :)

ERIC AULL 06-30-2011 07:18 AM

Can you make some that will drive a vacuum pump off a serpentine kit? Eric

KGTO 06-30-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC AULL (Post 4354509)
Can you make some that will drive a vacuum pump off a serpentine kit? Eric

Can you direct me to the serpentine kit you were thinking of using?

ERIC AULL 06-30-2011 09:06 PM

Yes, it will be a Billet Specialties kit for a Pontiac with A/C, and power steering....it will also have an 8-71 BDS Supercharger ...probably just wishful thinking. I have no room on the crank for a mandrel drive....getting too close to the radiator/fans. something to think about. Eric

KGTO 07-01-2011 06:56 AM

OK, I will look into it

Thanks

KGTO 07-01-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC AULL (Post 4355118)
Yes, it will be a Billet Specialties kit for a Pontiac with A/C, and power steering....it will also have an 8-71 BDS Supercharger ...probably just wishful thinking. I have no room on the crank for a mandrel drive....getting too close to the radiator/fans. something to think about. Eric

So do you have a BOP belt drive on this engine?

ERIC AULL 07-02-2011 02:03 PM

Actually the engine is still apart. It will have a Billet Specialties pontiac serp. system with A/C and P/S....and the BDS blower drive system....I don't have any pics cause the motor isn't built yet....just trying to "think ahead"....Eric

bryansMtngto 07-03-2011 05:39 AM

cam driven fuel pump

yea I like the idea. I may have to when i get my Supercharger since i really want to go with a crank mounted style. Still would like to see pics of it assembled. and Like we talked about going to remote water pump is not a problem. BOP has the adapters if needed. :D

ERIC AULL 07-06-2011 11:25 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood your question....no BOP drive...Oh well, back to the drawing board! THANKS, Eric

KGTO 08-09-2011 01:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
HEre is one of the blown kits..

BryansMtn...Should have a pic of the unblown kit soon!

KGTO 09-26-2011 11:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some pics of the plate for unblown applications such as MFI injected, turbor centrifugal supercharged engines.

KGTO 11-22-2011 01:22 AM

From now until 1/1/12 we are going to take $100 off the price of the kits!

$650 for blown kits!

$550 for unblown kits!