PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   SOLD Pontiacs (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=492)
-   -   1979 400 4-spd WS6 Formula - PROJECT CAR (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849058)

Lee 03-14-2021 08:24 PM

1979 400 4-spd WS6 Formula - PROJECT CAR

1 Attachment(s)
1st thing: Interested parties need to directly contact Kevin McKinley at rareformula@gmail.com

Posting this for an old friend of mine. He has had this car for nearly 30 years, but it has been off the road for probably close to 20. He drove it often in the mid/late 90's, and decided to "fix some rust issues" in the early 2000's. Like many people, he got sidetracked with other things, pushed the car into his shop, and it has sat ever since. Hood & front fenders are sitting in place, but not attached. Front and rear bumper covers are removed, but are included.

True '79 W72 WS6 Formula, NO t-tops. White, with white & red deluxe interior - seats, door panels, headliner are white; dash console, carpet are red - factory delivered like that. He has the original block and heads. Back in the 90's I talked him into pulling the original motor/heads and storing them, and we built another motor for him to have fun with. The other motor is a negotiable add-on to the deal, but at this time is not included.

To be clear, the car is partially disassemble, motor is out and disassembled. You will need a trailer to pick it up. Rust on the roof, floorboards are rusty. Located a few minutes east of Houston, Tx.

Probably at least $4,500 worth of parts, if parted out. Kevin REALLY does not want it to be parted out, though. He told me to ask $4,500, but feel free to make him an offer.

He also has a 79 Exprit 301, 87,000 miles, VERY clean, also white. He bought it 9 years ago, planning to use it for a donor to get the Formula back on the road. But, after getting it home, he didn't have the heart to cut it up. I'm not sure how much he may want for it, but it will also be for sale in the near future.

EMAIL KEVIN at the address at the top of this post, if you are interested. I will try to answer questions on here, as I can, but Kevin is who you will need to deal with. The attached picture is recent.

dreamn69 03-18-2021 08:50 PM

Does he check email often? Email sent. Any other pics?

muscle_collector 03-18-2021 09:57 PM

i sent an email almost right after the ad was posted and never got a reply either

Lee 03-24-2021 11:00 AM

Sorry guys, I missed these replies. Have you heard back from Kevin?

Kevin works at a chemical plant, and they've been slammed with people not being able to work due to Covid related issues. He has had to work 12-14 hour days for nearly every day since I posted this.

dreamn69 04-09-2021 10:57 AM

Yes I have been in touch, thanks.

Lee 08-27-2021 08:59 AM

The car is SOLD.

Thankfully, the owner intends to restore the car, NOT part it out!