PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance Parts For Sale/Wanted (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=446)
-   -   NEW 340cfm SD Performance ported Round Port 72cc Edelbrock Heads + North Wind Intake (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851697)

65madgoat 07-08-2021 03:04 PM

NEW 340cfm SD Performance ported Round Port 72cc Edelbrock Heads + North Wind Intake

5 Attachment(s)
Reluctantly selling these new 72cc heads and 4500 style KRE intake.

Ported by SD Performance: 340cfm round port E-heads with newer style combustion chambers. Titanium retainers.

Port matched 4500 style Kauffman North Wind intake and water cross over.

Heads have the Edelbrock center port name removed and front of heads engraving filled in so painting them these will look stealth.

See flow sheet from Dave at SD Performance.

New this set up runs at least $4100 plus tax/shipping --- AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT ABOUT 4 to 6 MONTHS!

Looking to get just $3750 .....and you can have them in a week. That has to be worth something these days. Discounted FedEx shipping should run about $200.

Located in SoCal if you are local and want to pick up.

Paypal ok if sent via friends.

mgarblik 07-08-2021 04:41 PM

Those look like nice heads. Thought I should mention though that the heads pictured have the original "bathtub" combustion chamber with the spark plug located near the intake valve. The newer "heart" chamber has the spark plug located near the exhaust valve and has a significantly different look. FWIW, I feel there is little performance difference in a race engine. We ran in the 7's with that design E head. Good luck with the sale.

65madgoat 07-08-2021 04:52 PM

Oh my bad. Yes these are the ORIGINAL version combustion chamber not the new fast burn. I have heard this older style is better for larger porting efforts at least.

OCMDGTO 07-09-2021 11:27 AM

Not a buyer here but dang they're purdy! Can't stop looking at them

65madgoat 07-11-2021 12:43 PM

Sure are some beautiful aluminum jewelry!

And yes Butler or Dave as SD Performance can machine these centers larger to be 87cc or so if needed and would make them the new heart shape design in the process if wanted.

65madgoat 07-20-2021 02:21 PM

These are set up with Howards springs # 98644 for use with solid lifters (and ok with a hydraulic roller cam)

AIR RAM 07-20-2021 05:00 PM

Nice set up... very similar to what I am putting together. Thats a great deal for whoever picks it up.

Good luck with the sale.

78w72 07-21-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65madgoat (Post 6263702)
Sure are some beautiful aluminum jewelry!

And yes Butler or Dave as SD Performance can machine these centers larger to be 87cc or so if needed and would make them the new heart shape design in the process if wanted.

was recently told by Dave at SD he doesnt do the heart shaped chambers anymore on the older heads.

65madgoat 07-21-2021 06:42 PM

That is odd... just emailed with Dave the other day and said he could open it up. Now going to heart shape was assumed since that is what the website says, but not clear in his email.

From July 12th:

"Yes I can open up the chambers to 87 or bigger cc’s. It does require having to cut the valve seats as part of the program is I trim the top of the seats about .050” to make the chamber larger so the installed height grows by about that much as well. To machine the chambers and cut the valve seats you’d be looking at $375.00"

78w72 07-21-2021 07:38 PM

sounds like going to the 87cc is required to do that. i asked about doing the heart shape chambers with a 315cfm porting to my new 72cc heads & he said he doesnt do the heart shape anymore on the 72cc heads, no mention of opening to 87cc to do it but maybe that was overlooked or probably my misunderstanding. heres a copy of his reply to me asking if he does that service still.

from feb/2021: "I no longer offer the heart shaped chamber option for the cast 72cc heads. Not enough demand and too time consuming to deal with and 95% of my customers are looking for larger chambers also Edelbrock has their own 72cc heart shaped chamber head now."

65madgoat 07-21-2021 07:58 PM

Opening the chamber to 87cc is required it appears and what he can do still.

Dragncar 07-22-2021 03:10 AM

I do not believe he ever made heart shaped chambers out of 87cc E heads with the old chambers. Even then, its not as good as the new chamber.

65madgoat 07-22-2021 11:27 AM

Regardless of new or old chambers... these heads and intake kick butt and are great and should be run as-is.

PAUL K 07-22-2021 03:56 PM

Fwiw..... The heads being advertised have current design chambers. For some applications they are considerably better than the CNC chambered heads.

Nice heads at a good price. GLWS

Tom Vaught 07-23-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65madgoat (Post 6263073)
Oh my bad. Yes these are the ORIGINAL version combustion chamber not the new fast burn. I have heard this older style is better for larger porting efforts at least.

Paul, help me out here. Quote: "Fwiw..... The heads being advertised have current design chambers. For some applications they are considerably better than the CNC chambered heads."

There is something not right between these two posts.

He says they are the ORIGINAL version combustion chamber, to me that would mean NOT "current design chambers".

??????????

Tom V.

65madgoat 07-23-2021 10:35 PM

Edelbrock still casts and sells this original combustion chamber style head. So they are current in that regard as they still are made and sold.

They also make and sell a newer heart shaped fast burn combustion chamber CNC head with a different spark plug location which is more efficient and works with less total timing.

As noted with this original style combustion chamber, which these are, they are better for larger porting efforts.

PAUL K 07-23-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vaught (Post 6266781)
Paul, help me out here. Quote: "Fwiw..... The heads being advertised have current design chambers. For some applications they are considerably better than the CNC chambered heads."

There is something not right between these two posts.

He says they are the ORIGINAL version combustion chamber, to me that would mean NOT "current design chambers".

??????????

Tom V.

Hi Tom, both chambers (the first design "Ford bathtub" chamber and the newer CNC heart shaped chamber) are currently available from Edelbrock. I believe that would make both "current".

Technically none of them are currently availble as we have twelve sets on order and are long past our original April 16 2021 expected date.... But that is a different subject.

Tom Vaught 07-24-2021 11:02 PM

"Current" in my mind means on the shelf.
"Out of Stock" means "Not Available as you said".

Wish you luck with whatever they send you, at some point.

Tom V.

65madgoat 07-27-2021 02:53 PM

Intake manifold available separately! Heads still for sale too.

65madgoat 08-01-2021 05:23 PM

Unsure if I am using these parts yet so get them while I still have them up for sale!