PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   EFI Tech (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=570)
-   -   Pro Comp EFI manifold (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857545)

Scott65 03-25-2022 01:00 PM

Pro Comp EFI manifold

1 Attachment(s)
After the recent discussion about Speed tech, I browsed these and decided to order one. Price was DEFINITELY right for a new Pontiac efi intake. It looks good, no obvious defects. I don't need it for anything currently, so it'll get put away for the future. Just wanted to pass along for those in the market for a Pontiac efi intake.

Skip Fix 03-25-2022 01:15 PM

Looks like the new version of the Tomahawk.

Scott65 03-25-2022 01:50 PM

Yes, I think so. The names have all been muddled by now. It's patterned after the Holley street dominator of old

JLMounce 03-25-2022 02:00 PM

It's a little weird to me that they used a spread bore / square bore carb flange on a manifold that will likely never see a spread bore patterned throttle body.

Considering it's a port injection manifold and distribution would be handled by the injectors, I'm not sure if it matters. They probably took their standard single plane design and just added injector bungs. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm liking what Luhn is doing with the old Offy 360's. Adding injector bungs with a bottom plate setup to accept a holley mid or high ram.

Scott65 03-25-2022 02:06 PM

Yes, that is cool. I usually can't afford their stuff unfortunately
As far as distribution in the SD style manifolds, seems they've done fine with 1" or more spacer for years now.
ETA: I can tune cylinder to cylinder fuel trims, so if there did happen to be an issue it isn't insurmountable. Though I think it's likely to only be the normal inner vs outer runner discrepancy.

Murf 03-25-2022 02:36 PM

I bought one from them but the injector rails they had listed wouldn’t fit the spacing of the manifold. I just sent it all back.

The manifold I got looked kinda crude in a couple areas but I wouldn’t of hesitated to use it. I just decided to let it go for now.

On the plus side, I had no problem with the return process.

Murf

Scott65 03-25-2022 02:44 PM

One day maybe I'll pull the Edelbrock rails off my current intake and see if they fit. If not then I guess it will be a custom job

JLMounce 03-25-2022 03:24 PM

Doesn't the universal edelbrock EFI stuff come with drill to suit rails? As long as you know you're going to have to deal with that, buying parts setup for customization seems like a good route to follow.

Scott65 03-25-2022 03:28 PM

I have no experience with the undrilled Edelbrock stuff. Mine were finished, and fit my SuperVictor efi intake perfectly. My thinking is the port centerlines oughta be the same so maybe my rails will work with both intakes. A question without an answer at this point.

Skip Fix 03-25-2022 04:21 PM

The Tomahawk I have need weld at the top of the ports if over 2.300. The original Holley Street Dominator does not. They changes something in the cast mold to add the injector bung pad-not drilled on original Tomahawks..

Murf 03-25-2022 04:48 PM

I have the Speedmaster single plane carb manifold. I got it with heads a few years ago. I assumed the injection manifold would be the same just with the pads drilled for injectors.

I was surprised that they didn’t seem to be the same. The ports on the injection manifold were smaller & not as well shaped. I thought it was kinda odd but I don’t know nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scott65 03-25-2022 05:58 PM

I haven't studied it that hard yet. Don't foresee needing it anytime soon. I bought it mainly in case the Pontiac port injection manifolds dry up, and because the price was very good. Hopefully it'll be usable if/when I need to.

JC455 03-25-2022 06:33 PM

The Edelbrock rails fit fine on the Tomahawk/SpeedMaster/ProComp/etc. manifold.
They are all a copy of an SD Performance-ported Holley Street Dominator that had injector bungs added to it.
I own several versions of it- they all seem to match up the same.

Side Note: Luhn Performance made me some fuel rails for my Offy 2x4 conversion- the port spacing is the same as the E-brock's too.
His rails come in various finishes, but I like the anodized black ones I got-- and his prices were better than Amazon's price on the E-brock rails.

Scott65 03-25-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC455 (Post 6329539)
The Edelbrock rails fit fine on the Tomahawk/SpeedMaster/ProComp/etc. manifold.
They are all a copy of an SD Performance-ported Holley Street Dominator that had injector bungs added to it.
I own several versions of it- they all seem to match up the same.

Side Note: Luhn Performance made me some fuel rails for my Offy 2x4 conversion- the port spacing is the same as the E-brock's too.
His rails come in various finishes, but I like the anodized black ones I got-- and his prices were better than Amazon's price on the E-brock rails.

Good to know. Thanks

krisr 03-26-2022 01:03 AM

I ran that PC / HSD / Tomahawk copy manifold for a few years Scott. It's actually quite good and sits nice and low. I honestly would have preferred a square bore flange on the EFI variant because there are zero options for spreadbore throttle bodies etc. Nothing the square bore sealing plate that comes with it can't fix but just personal opinion.

Skip Fix 03-26-2022 09:25 AM

FWIW on the flow bench a square bore is much more even than a Qjet. Qjet the primaries are too close to the front runner entrance and need a spacer to help it make the turn more evenly. Square bore they are more centrally located.

AIR RAM 03-29-2022 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLMounce (Post 6329459)
It's a little weird to me that they used a spread bore / square bore carb flange on a manifold that will likely never see a spread bore patterned throttle body.

Considering it's a port injection manifold and distribution would be handled by the injectors, I'm not sure if it matters. They probably took their standard single plane design and just added injector bungs. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm liking what Luhn is doing with the old Offy 360's. Adding injector bungs with a bottom plate setup to accept a holley mid or high ram.

Got any pics or a link? I would like to see what they are doing. I have their EFI Cam Sync and plan to run the Holley Dominator EFI unless something else surfaces and proves better for less.

Currently I plan to run this Northwind 4150 converted for EFI...

Still a long ways away...

SPEED SAFE, NICK

JLMounce 03-30-2022 09:59 AM

Not a lot out there, but they have a pic on their facebook profile.

https://www.facebook.com/Luhn-Perfor...0580403276627/

flat-bill 03-30-2022 12:25 PM

EFI fuel rails

these guys have a lot of materials to make fuel rails. It was pretty easy when I made mine for a '56 Desoto Hemi.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20287212557...MaAh0lEALw_wcB