PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   G8 General Tech/Discussion (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=509)
-   -   Has anyone had their G8 tuned?? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738472)

thechef 10-04-2013 12:13 AM

Has anyone had their G8 tuned??

I just started modding my 2009 Stryker Blue G8 GT the mods are
Roto Fab CAI and OBX Axleback and I am thinking about getting the car tuned and the trans tune also and maybe port the ls2 intake for a few extra HP:D

anyone tune their G8 that did NOT do internal mods, (cam,heads)

I hear these cars REALLY wake up after a tune and a trans tune especially

Ccass 10-05-2013 04:22 PM

we had a guy in Delaware do a tune on my supercharged GT. Bada$$ but hard shifts.

thechef 10-06-2013 03:23 PM

i have been reading about the different trans tune options and I know they can tune the regular drive mode, sport mode, and manual shift mode all seperatly which is what I like

Ccass 10-06-2013 08:57 PM

Supposedly the trans can be tuned to just about any shift points. Supposedly my trans is tuned to maximum shift points. I imagine that's putting a strain on the trans, ut I don't put but maybe a 1000 miles a year on the car. I love how responsive it is and wouldn't want to change it unless someone told me I'm heading for a puddle of trans fluid in the near future. :)

thechef 10-09-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ccass (Post 5036214)
Supposedly the trans can be tuned to just about any shift points. Supposedly my trans is tuned to maximum shift points. I imagine that's putting a strain on the trans, ut I don't put but maybe a 1000 miles a year on the car. I love how responsive it is and wouldn't want to change it unless someone told me I'm heading for a puddle of trans fluid in the near future. :)

wow, only 1,000 miles a year? I cant imagine having a late model car and not driving it..a rare classice car yea maybe but a late model car to me is for driving and enjoying

Ccass 10-09-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechef (Post 5037921)
wow, only 1,000 miles a year? I cant imagine having a late model car and not driving it..a rare classice car yea maybe but a late model car to me is for driving and enjoying

Give me some time. I still have that classic mentality. 'low mileage' equals value and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. By next year, I'll be up to at least 2000 miles. ;) Plus, I split driving time with my 2005 GTO, 77 Bandit, 2001 TA and my 67 GTO will be back on the road next Spring. :) Love driving all of them for different reasons.

My Bandit 10-16-2013 09:06 AM

With the mods that you have now, you might be good with just a Cortex tune (superchips cortex 2950 I believe). You can change the shift firmness and get it specifically tuned for your current mods. I would save a good tune until you get longtubes or something more major.

thechef 10-19-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Bandit (Post 5042825)
With the mods that you have now, you might be good with just a Cortex tune (superchips cortex 2950 I believe). You can change the shift firmness and get it specifically tuned for your current mods. I would save a good tune until you get longtubes or something more major.

yeah I am not interested in a hand held tuner, I want to be able to grow and have more adjustability as I go. my only debate is do I buy my own HP Tuners software and be able to switch my tunes or go and have Jeremy Formato tune the car and be done with it

I am torn between using Jeremey Formato for the tune or getting my own software and have Patrick G do a tune for me that i can load in the car my self

My Bandit 10-25-2013 09:50 AM

I think Pat G is free retunes. If you plan on modding more, get his tune and just get a new one whenever you add parts.